G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Last time I will have SEARS install tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
That sucks man , but why ????? why Sears ???? the most reasonable deal ??? You get what you pay for.
Hope you get them to cover it. Good luck.
My sentiments exactly. I've said this on other threads and I'll say it again. Why buy a car like this then get cheap about it. I don't mean to spend frivilously but c'mon, this is supposed to be a high end car. Go to Sears??? For service??? On a G??? Maybe a battery or fix a flat but I can tell you of several horror stories of people who have used them. But those were people in econo cars who couldn't afford the best. It's sad but it's true...you get what you pay for. I've bought tires from sears several times...but I wouldn't let them touch my car. I thought about it but decided to watch them work on other cars and realized they were not up to the task of installing performance tires on expensive wheels.

Lesson learned.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dang... i'd have them reimburse you for the factory lip and install.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by CERTAUTOG35
ok With my being around cars my whole life in order for that to happen you had to go up a drive on lift usually used for oil changes now how did they change your tires unless they had the rolling jacks on. a twin post could never do that unless the legs were left under in which case they would be partially responsible o ther than that they will probably tell you that they wont help you this is the reason why all shops have the customers beyond this point signs
I was thinking the same exact thing. Every shop I have been to has the swinging arms on their lift that they position under your car.

I don't know why they let you drive your car in there anyway, I would be afraid of a customer slamming into my lift or something of that nature.

I wish you the best of luck on that one.

Old 09-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think Sears is liable 100%, it is policy that customers arent even allowed in the garage, and if you do walk in theyre liable...

i have a friend who works at sears ill ask him...

seriously, tell them u will get a brand new bumper and send them the bill!

Old 09-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah true i guess you live and you learn. I was so determined to get my tires on that night, that i admit i made a half a$$ed decision. Yeah but onto some good news, the manager called me yesterday while i was at work, and instructed me to get 2 estimates for the damages. I already talked to infiniti and they said i need a new front bumper cover, which costs about 220 unpainted. So i need to find a good shop here in san diego that will do good work. I saw on the forums before someone posted about custom auto body in kearny mesa, but they are closed on the weekends. He said that they were at fault and that i should not have been the one to drove the car onto and off the lifts. It would be cool if i could get an oem front lip out of it as well. We will see, keep you guys posted.

Attached Thumbnails Last time I will have SEARS install tires-image-505-.jpg  
Old 09-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by totondee77
Yeah true i guess you live and you learn. I was so determined to get my tires on that night, that i admit i made a half a$$ed decision. Yeah but onto some good news, the manager called me yesterday while i was at work, and instructed me to get 2 estimates for the damages. I already talked to infiniti and they said i need a new front bumper cover, which costs about 220 unpainted. So i need to find a good shop here in san diego that will do good work. I saw on the forums before someone posted about custom auto body in kearny mesa, but they are closed on the weekends. He said that they were at fault and that i should not have been the one to drove the car onto and off the lifts. It would be cool if i could get an oem front lip out of it as well. We will see, keep you guys posted.
Good luck with the fix. As you said you live and learn. We've all had a few things we regret. When it comes to my car I always go with my gut and err on only going to and buying from the highest quality place around.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:52 PM
There was definitely some violation of procedure by you pulling in and out your own car. You were getting charged more because of the TPMS? There is no extra labor required unless you are installing new sensors.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:46 AM
what a good deal,
damaging your own bumper by yourself
and have someone else pay for it.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by G35Luver
what a good deal,
EXACTLY!

You decided to drive yourself and you screwed up your car. Now you blame somebody for that! God bless America!!! Sue them! I am sure a couple of millions would be a reasonable settlement ...

Old 09-11-2005, 01:53 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Luver
what a good deal,
haha,

Glad to hear it worked out for you man.

Old 09-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by mc2
haha,

Glad to hear it worked out for you man.
I duno, gee.
I gota find a sears around my area first
then get them to pay me for new body kits and other bling blings,
w/ a sticker that says

"Sponsored by Sears"

Old 09-11-2005, 04:11 PM
hell yeah i guess it did work out pretty good in my favor. When i went there they told me to pull around in front of their 2nd garage, so i did thinking that i was gonna get out but 2 of the guys were already making the hand motions guiding me in. When i finally spoke to the manager the following day if that was normal procedure to have the customer pull in and out themselves, he said that sometimes customers feel more comfortable and request that they pull in their own cars. I told him that nobody asked me and that they assumed, so. Anyways if any one knows of a good body shop that they can recommend, then i would greatly appreciate it, Thanks all for the feedback, maybe the next pics I post will be a new bumper painted and brand new.