G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

tire pressure senor problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire pressure senor problem

i swapped my rims two front rims+tires with my friend, we both have tire pressure sensor both are 05. do i need to go back to dealer to have them reset and let my ecu learn his TPS for it to work ?
or i can just leave it?
it's been few days so far my TPS hasnt went off.

and i tried today to set my front tire to 28psi, took a quick spin(1 min or so) in parking lot my tire pressure sensor didnt go off. but when i set my rear to 29psi it went off right away. and i pump rear back to 35psi warning goes away

if my ecu doesnt know the new TPS shouldnt the light comes on with no buzz sound like how people change to aftermarket rims with no TPS?
if it does how come when i set the one i swapped with my friend to 28psi the TPS didnt go off ?

Old 09-11-2005, 12:01 AM
anyone ??

Old 09-11-2005, 02:15 AM
Ironic...

I was just going to come in here and post my little tire sensor problem and noticed there was another thread about our tire pressure sensor so I figured I might as well post here hehe.

Just a few days ago my tire pressure sensor buzzer and light went off but none of the tires went flat so I has the tire pressure checked and they were all exactly the same and perfectly fine as far as the pressure goes. About a day later the light went off for about another day and then just yesterday the buzzer went off and light came on again and sense then it hasn't gone off (however I have heard that freaking buzzer about 4 times for no real reason). I'll assume this is just a problem with my sensor until anyone tells me otherwise? Is that my problem or has anyone else had similar problems? How do I fix this? Just take it to the Infinity dealer? That's kind of a pain because the closest infinity dealer is about 3 hours away... Freaking Oregon...

Old 09-11-2005, 04:08 AM
Just a few days ago my tire pressure sensor buzzer and light went off but none of the tires went flat so I has the tire pressure checked and they were all exactly the same and perfectly fine as far as the pressure goes. About a day later the light went off for about another day and then just yesterday the buzzer went off and light came on again and sense then it hasn't gone off (however I have heard that freaking buzzer about 4 times for no real reason). I'll assume this is just a problem with my sensor until anyone tells me otherwise? Is that my problem or has anyone else had similar problems? How do I fix this? Just take it to the Infinity dealer? That's kind of a pain because the closest infinity dealer is about 3 hours away... Freaking Oregon...[/QUOTE]
Are you sure you don't have a small leak in one or more of your tires? Check for nails. You probably will need to raise the car up to examine the tires completely.

Old 09-11-2005, 04:17 AM
That's what I would assume naturally but I had all 4 tires checked out and they were all exactly the same and a perfectly fine psi.

/shrug

Old 09-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by Strider_GTS
That's what I would assume naturally but I had all 4 tires checked out and they were all exactly the same and a perfectly fine psi.

/shrug

Did you dunk the tires in water to check for leaks? Maybe your sensors are bad. I'm thinking one of your tires has a leak.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:05 AM
well anyone can answer my question??

Old 09-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gettaluvr
do i need to go back to dealer to have them reset and let my ecu learn his TPS for it to work ?
If you want the new TPS sensors to work on your car, you have to take it to the dealer. They will register the new TPS sensors with your car.

Originally Posted by Strider_GTS
Did you check all of the pressures when the tires are cold? The temperature of the tires can change the tire pressure by several pounds.

If you did check the pressure when the tires are cold, it sounds like time for a trip to the dealer. They should be able to recalibrate the sensors.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with dave, I was having the same issue and it turned out to be a temp issue more then anything. One morning my tire pressure sensor went off, I checked my tires and they all seemed high so i set them back to the 35psi listed on the door sticker and the light went out. The next morning it was cold again and my sensor went off again i checked the pressure before the tires were hot and they were all low now. I set them all back to 35 and now its been fine for a week or so. I hope this isnt a common problem :/

Old 09-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Yea I guess it has been getting a lot colder lately.

I'm just pretty darn sure my tires aren't leaking. If one of my tires was leaking it would be low by now. You can't have a tire leaking for a week and still have every single tire be at the same PSI.

I think the only thing I can do is take it to the dealer and have them fix the sensors. It's looking like I'm not the only one who has had problems with their sensors. Uggg, I just wish Nissan could do the fix so I wouldn't have to drive 200 miles to the closest Infiniti dealer.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
This is my experience with the Tps monitors, I purchased 4 tires and rims from a friend from his 05 Sedan and they work fine on mine without getting them reset at the dealers. I kept his sensors.
The weather turned cooler here and my sensor light came on. The next morning after tha car sat all night I checked the tire pressure and it had dropped enough with the cooler weather to trigger the sensor light. I increased the pressure and it has been fine ever since.
As another note, make sure your tire pressure gauge is accurate.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 09-11-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:31 PM
To be on the safe side... it's a good thing anyway to check tire pressure once a month. Can't go wrong there.