G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Another good cop story....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another good cop story....

So I just got my coupe back after $7100 worth of damage (up from the original $5500 estimate). (Just dont check your blind spot for to long and slam into the guy in front of you.) I was driving home from the body shop and stopped at a light where I knew the bridge up ahead was exactly 1/4 of a mile away. So when you get the chance to be the first car at the light, you have to go for it right? Of course......
So I check the car next to me and it is a cab, no problem. I cant see the car past him in the far lane, but I see no lights on the top of the car so I know its not a cop. I wasn't interested in racing anyone, I just wanted to make sure there were no cops around. I hammer it and can quickly hear that the car in the far lane is trying to race, it was a big V-8, I could tell by the roar. I didn't look over, I just chirped it into 2nd and then 3rd. So as soon as I hit third I started to slow down and let him catch up.....he was about 2 car lengths behind me. And so to my suprise, what do I see?
An unmarked cop car! It was a dark blue Crown Vic with the lights on the inside and the municipal plates and everything. He slowed down for a split second as he passed, and then he hammered it as if to say....ha ha look what I am allowed to do. Needless to say, this was the best racing experiance I have had to date, not because I won, but because it was a cop!

G35Coupe B/B 6MT Aero/Premium

Old 07-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Re: Another good cop story....

hahaha yea must of been a cool cop, over here in Cali (especially So Cali) cops don't take chit from no one and if I did that my *** would be grass and they'd smoke it....lol

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-09-2003, 11:11 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like 'the man' in S Cali are tough sob's. Are they all going for Sgt. or are there some coo guys and gals?

Must have to watch real close if you want to have a little 'fun'!
and not go out without the V-1 turned on.

jmweidm: another 'notch', lol. (tat's worth 2 notches if you can race a cop and get away with it.)

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 07-09-2003, 01:09 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

LOL!!!!!!! great story man! you got SOOOOOOO lucky!

I hate that feeling when you know you are breaking the traffic laws and then you first get a glimpse of a COP....i hate that!

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 07-09-2003, 01:46 PM

Here in Los Angeles they are trying to pass a law

If you are caught racing they take your car away and auction it off and the money goes to the city.

wow id die if that happened to me.. MY G!!! NOOOOOO

-Armen
"One day as a Lion, Rather 100 years a lamb"

Old 07-09-2003, 01:54 PM

That law has already passed man. They're not moving to other counties to see if it can pass there. Like my county which is Ventura County so it's right next to LA County... =(

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-09-2003, 02:00 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wouldn't tat be an expensive ticket......

OUCH!

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 07-09-2003, 07:16 PM

Sounds like 'the man' in S Cali are tough sob's. Are they all going for Sgt. or are there some coo guys and gals?

Must have to watch real close if you want to have a little 'fun'!
and not go out without the V-1 turned on.

jmweidm: another 'notch', lol. (tat's worth 2 notches if you can race a cop and get away with it.)

Tough sob's? They are just doing their job, which includes the act of protecting lives. SoCal is not the only place where cops are like this, but don't make them out to be *******s because they are trying to save lives. Alot of people hate cops, but who do they call when they get robbed/assaulted/etc? Cops.
And don't say they are doing this just to get you or to become Sgt., if there is no one to enforce laws, chaos ensues.

CB 5AT - SAC, CA

Old 07-09-2003, 11:02 PM

I agree with you 100%. Today I got pulled over and all that the officer wanted was to check out my car cause he was facinated by it. We had a nice chat and that was it.

"Some people see thing as they are and ask WHY? I dream of things that never were and ask WHY NOT?"

Old 07-11-2003, 01:09 PM

"Tough sob's? They are just doing their job, which includes the act of protecting lives. SoCal is not the only place where cops are like this, but don't make them out to be *******s because they are trying to save lives. Alot of people hate cops, but who do they call when they get robbed/assaulted/etc? Cops. "

Some cops are total aHoles on a power trip who shoot people in handcuffs (LAPD-Rampart anyone?) Whereas some cops are actually trying to serve and save lifes. However, let me give you some road safety 101. People die in car accidents because 1) they aren't paying attention 2) they are crappy drivers 3) their cars can't handle speed 4) the road is poorly maintained. In fact, the autobahn in Germany consistanly has a lower death rate than American highways. The german system is sooooo much better. Variable speed limits, must let faster cars past, no road rage, harder to get drivers license, crappy cell phone drivers. And about the robbed/assulted thing, carry a concealed handgun and have an AR-15 at home and you'll never need help.

In Summary, I'm not bashing cops, but instead they should give tickets for horrible/reckless/dangerous driving and not for speeding.

Old 07-11-2003, 01:29 PM

It all depends on who the cop is and how they react to the situation... Everywhere you go their is crooked cops/strict cops/judge judy cops... All I say is play your cool and don't be an *** to the cops... But we've got people like that everywhere... from cops to even your own co-workers... Some are just d*cks period and those who had a bad experience think now that all cops are bad... So far I have never had a "bad" cop and were pretty nice... but I've hear some stories that I wouldn't imagine happening to me if I were to get pulled over by that cop who was involved in that story... I'd be on the phone with my lawyer in a heart beat !

G35 Mafia Member # 01