G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Super Pissed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Pissed

So i just was in a great mood and decided I would go clean the cars. I wash the G as usual and then i decide to try this new california blade. The piece of sh*t scratched my driver side of my G 7 times and all the scratches are over a foot long. I dont even know what to do and I am about ready to kill someone. Never use that sh*tty california blade thing. Thank god I didnt try it out on the Carrera S. Remind me never to get a black car again, they look good when you pick them up, but after that its all hell trying to cover up scratches and make them look clean. I hope every morning when I walk out to my car that it was IP.

I just needed to post to get my anger out, thanks

Old 09-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Ouch that sux hard dude. I saw those online and I thought they looked harsh as far as claiming to never scracth your car. Black cars look the sweetest imo, but, you can see every single scratch on the car! (eventhe ones that arent there yet!) I think i will stick with cloth for now..

Old 09-20-2005, 07:18 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I’m sure the scratches from that thing are only superficial. Find a reputable detailer and I’m sure he’ll be able to buff it out.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:20 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by trackmagic
So i just was in a great mood and decided I would go clean the cars. I wash the G as usual and then i decide to try this new california blade. The piece of sh*t scratched my driver side of my G 7 times and all the scratches are over a foot long. I dont even know what to do and I am about ready to kill someone. Never use that sh*tty california blade thing. Thank god I didnt try it out on the Carrera S. Remind me never to get a black car again, they look good when you pick them up, but after that its all hell trying to cover up scratches and make them look clean. I hope every morning when I walk out to my car that it was IP.

Hate to say this but its not the blade, its you! Never had a scratch ever, you didn't clean it well. Do you use clay too? Because unless you clean very well, or clay, small amounts of dirt will scratch your paint.

The experts say never drag anything across your paint.....Clean very well, and you can use that thing all night long!!!!

Old 09-20-2005, 07:26 PM
I pressure washed the car for like 10 mins to make sure everythign was off, after cleaning it well. A friend of mine had the same thing happen but i still thought i would give it a try.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what is this blade you speak of? this sucks, man...

Old 09-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by codeflux
what is this blade you speak of? this sucks, man...
Just search california blade on google. It is supposedly a quick way to dry your car

Old 09-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
One would assume that if the blade is clean, and the paint is clean... it won't scratch. I used it for a few months with no problem. The key, of course, is giving your G a vigorous scrub to make sure you don't leave anything on it.

G

Old 09-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trackmagic

usually before i go and use somthing that spins or anything like a buffer to what your using i look at the brush and make sure there are no sharp objects in it and i also dont just put it on and go full speed. just a top for later use

Old 09-20-2005, 08:18 PM
have you tried a leaf blower ?

Mark

Old 09-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Never enough
Yeah Ive never had a problem. I would wrap the handle ends with duct tape.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:38 PM
I've used the blade many times on different cars and it's never scratched the paint. Maybe there was some grit embedded in the silicone?

Old 09-20-2005, 08:43 PM
wow taht wierd ive been using that since i got the car and no scratches

Old 09-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
never had scratches before, but sometimes it leaves this plastic residue on the paint, that i have use force to wipe off. other than that its probably that your G had dirt on it.

Quick question, is there anyway to remove the claybar residue left over on my car, i was using it the other day and i probably pressed to hard in one area. now i have these patches of residues left over.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by opimax
have you tried a leaf blower ?

Mark
serious?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Super Pissed