G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

06 seat belt loop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by overdrve
I know this is a little off topic from the seat belt holder in the 06 issue. But the arm thing that holds the seat belt in my 05 rubs against my seat and causes a squeeking noise. Since that part is almost next to my left ear, I can notice it quite clearly. Have any of you guys experienced this same problem? And if so, how did you fix it? I'm also a little concerned about that part wearing out the leather in that spot as it is resting on the seat at all times and rubbing when the car is moving.

ABSOLUTELY!
I have the same exact problem. Its one of my loudest squeeks in the car.
I've heard some people have polished/buffed that area of the seat extra-extra well so that the arm thing slides (rubs) easily, and doesn't squeek.
I've tried cleaning/waxing/polishing/buffing that area of the seat, but no matter what I do, the noise continues, and it is annoying as he!!.
I tried putting a seatbelt cover over the arm, to cushion between the seat, but that doesn't really work either.
I noticed the seat-belt holder-thingy on the new 06s, and I want one!
Nobody ever gets in my back seat, and if they do, then enter through the passenger side, danmit :-)...besides, the driver seat has no memory, so that is a pain also.

I want a seat-belt-holder-guide-thingy for my 04.
(I also want to know what to call it)

Old 10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by overdrve
I know this is a little off topic from the seat belt holder in the 06 issue. But the arm thing that holds the seat belt in my 05 rubs against my seat and causes a squeeking noise. Since that part is almost next to my left ear, I can notice it quite clearly. Have any of you guys experienced this same problem? And if so, how did you fix it? I'm also a little concerned about that part wearing out the leather in that spot as it is resting on the seat at all times and rubbing when the car is moving.

not only does it squeek but it blackens the leather on my wheat interior....a simple solution might be to put some felt tape on the underside of the guide where it contacts the seat, that should solve the problem....

Old 10-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by G's Up
not only does it squeek but it blackens the leather on my wheat interior....a simple solution might be to put some felt tape on the underside of the guide where it contacts the seat, that should solve the problem....
I tried that also. It lasted about a week or two.
The problem is that the underside of the arm is curved (rounded), and a small piece of sticky felt will come off (rub off) soon. This leaves you with sticky residue on the underside of the arm, making the problem worse, of course.

you may have better luck with the felt, but it absolutely did not work for me.

ALSO-The 06 seatbelt has that guide-thingy, but it looks like the seatbelt arm is gone?
I wonder if I put that guide-thingy on my 04, will it interfere with the arm?

Old 10-11-2005, 06:32 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Overdrve.....I have the same complaint that you do. The little arm thing that holds the belt rubs against the seat top and squeeks. Believe it or not this is the only complaint I have with my '03 coupe. The noise is very irritating as it is right by your ear. It looks like the part they added in '06 will eliminate this problem as it appears to be attached to the seat right at the point the old arm rubs the seat. This may be the answer to the question as to why they added this part in '06. But I too would like to know if anyone has sloved this problem on their pre-'06 models?

Old 10-12-2005, 08:24 AM
i personally like the new seat belt setup compaired to the previous models. you don't have to reach all the way back for your seat belt. with the 06 the seat belt is right there next to you. i rarely have any rear passengers so its no biggy for me.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by skylar
(posted pics)
GREAT pics, skylar! Thanx a bunch!
I swear, I'm gonna get me one of those guide thingys and try it on my 04.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Napoleon
GREAT pics, skylar! Thanx a bunch!
I swear, I'm gonna get me one of those guide thingys and try it on my 04.
This is one thing that my passengers and I can't stand, the seatbelt is always way back behind the seat or all up on your neck....

I'm not completely sure if its only 2 phillips screws, if this was the case then it would be loosely moving around in the leather. There must be a plastic support piece underneath there in order to provide the guide something to latch onto.

Skylar, this might be too much to ask but could u possibly unscrew the guide and see if it is one piece or soemthing else under the leather?

Old 11-15-2005, 11:03 PM
I just posted in another thread on the same topic - did anyone every try this on 03-05? (Sorry to cross-post)