G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Letting The G Go

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well last night i took the car over to the dudes house so he could take a look at it with the new wheels,bumper,drop. It looks like the sale is going through...I think we're hitting the bank up on tuesday....

Old 12-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Oh man...counting the days huh? Just buy the 06' G35 and be happy. haha

Old 12-23-2005, 12:37 PM
well thats in mind but im leaning towards just getting a beat up (engine not ext. or ent.) 240sx and doing a swap and all the good stuff.. that way i can work on the car for a year and save some money to move out on my own..still sounds like a fun car to drive. I can always get a G again later when im older...god this sucks... haha then i drive home in the G and i start thinking it over but no! it must go

Old 12-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart move man...there may be some regrets in the short term, but in the long run I bet you won't regret it one bit!

Old 12-23-2005, 02:03 PM
First off, I hope the Infiniti dealer you dealt with was wearing a condom when he f*cked you. lol Secondly, sell the car and get something cheaper. I know how you feel, and at 21 you want what you want. But look at the bigger picture. You don't want to be stuck paying off this car at your age when you should be saving up your money. I had an '89 Probe turbo for 9 years before I made the move to get the G35 at age 27. I paid 4k for it and had no payments. I wanted to buy a new car before that, but I was still living home and I couldn't justify paying for a new car while still living home. It would only dig me deeper and deeper in debt and I wanted my priorities straight. I know I am probably not telling you what you want to hear, but buy something cheaper for now that you don't have to pay off for years and enjoy that for awhile. Save your money, wait a few years when you're more financially stable, and then buy a G35 or something equivalent. You say you're able to afford a G now but being able to make your payments is not always affording it. If you were making a mortgage payment and living on your own, could you still make payments on the car? I was lucky enough to buy a condo and the G35 within the same week coincidentally. My car is now paid off. Whatever you do, good luck man. I know it's tempting at your age, but try and keep your priorities straight.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:06 PM
yeah def... i already regret it and its not even sold yet but i know its the best move for me... i will miss it alot and i will miss everyone on this forum...even though i was new i felt welcomed here....never got that horrible noob hostility haha. Anyways im actually looking forward to getting that 97 240sx and doing the whole engine swap and going f/i on it..something i never got to do with the G im sure it'll still be as fun to drive but it will lack the luxury of the G . any other cars u guy s would suggest to get?

Old 12-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by KjbAlto
First off, I hope the Infiniti dealer you dealt with was wearing a condom when he f*cked you. lol Secondly, sell the car and get something cheaper. I know how you feel, and at 21 you want what you want. But look at the bigger picture. You don't want to be stuck paying off this car at your age when you should be saving up your money. I had an '89 Probe turbo for 9 years before I made the move to get the G35 at age 27. I paid 4k for it and had no payments. I wanted to buy a new car before that, but I was still living home and I couldn't justify paying for a new car while still living home. It would only dig me deeper and deeper in debt and I wanted my priorities straight. I know I am probably not telling you what you want to hear, but buy something cheaper for now that you don't have to pay off for years and enjoy that for awhile. Save your money, wait a few years when you're more financially stable, and then buy a G35 or something equivalent. You say you're able to afford a G now but being able to make your payments is not always affording it. If you were making a mortgage payment and living on your own, could you still make payments on the car? I was lucky enough to buy a condo and the G35 within the same week coincidentally. My car is now paid off. Whatever you do, good luck man. I know it's tempting at your age, but try and keep your priorities straight.
thanks i totally understand and it sucks that i had to realize this after i bought the car i hope this guy buys it and im pretty sure he will cause he sounds sure...incase he doesnt im a little screwed so i might try and go to a credit union and refinance the car to try and bring my payments down (smart move or not?) if i sell it to someone else im pretty much screwed because blue book for my car is 25k i believe i owe 35k ... OUCH! so if anyone has any ideas help me out....of course thats if this sale does not go through...this guy is willing to pay off my loan.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:20 AM
at your age I had an integra type R..fun stuff...then an RSX Type S..then I couldn't take the 4 cylinder anymore and stepped it up to the G.

Old 12-29-2005, 02:26 AM
well it looks like my car will be gone by next week... and back to my 95 thunderbird V8 and horrible gas milage well it was fun having the G and mostlikely i'll end up getting one in the near future again... im thinking of getting a 300zx TT and spending what i would spend on my car payment modding that up a bit . ...not sure yet im also looking at a 96-97 240sx , rx7 or maybe s2000

Old 12-29-2005, 09:42 AM
maybe you should just chill out, drive a cheap car and establish yourself financially?

Old 12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
yeah def...well a 240 isnt the most expensive car.. it looks like thats what im leaning towards... its just hard downgrading from a G so i still want something fun.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Your 21 dont push it. Pace yourself.

I went from a '94 Probe to a G a few months ago and I just turned 25. Keep in mind that if you have a nice car like this and your dating, taking them to taco bell is not cool. There are other aspects of life you need to consider.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:51 AM
haha dude i have money to go out, have fun and pay my car . My payments were really high since i got ****ed (no condom) by the stealership. its not that i couldnt afford it..its just that i didnt feel it was worth paying 719 a month for the car . i was thinking of getting a G again but saving for a good downpayment... but im not doing that anymore..ima just a get a fun car i can pay cash for and save some money and posibbly get a G later when i have better credit and i can get lower payments

Old 12-29-2005, 12:09 PM
719 / mo ....

you should be driving an m///

Old 12-29-2005, 12:19 PM
exactly my point but no i'll chill out and just save some cash but an m3 would be nice

here she is

Last edited by jimmytango00; 12-29-2005 at 12:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Letting The G Go