G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Letting The G Go

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey thats cool.. good luck with everything, it should all work out in the end.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Well personally I think you have to do what you're comfortable with.. I'm not an old geezer or anything, but I got a few years on you, and from what I've experienced, you're going to be in debt for the rest of your life.. You just have to be smart about managing your money.. Build your credit early and make your payments on time.. I honestly stick more to the "you're only young once" motto.. When i was 21 I had an apartment and an isuzu rodeo.. By the time I was 23 i bought my first dream car, an MY2000 S2000 brand spankin new.. #624 .... So basically I had 2 car payments and rent.. It was a stretch, but I did okay.. I look back on it and I'm glad i did it.. I was 23 years old driving an S2k that I paid for and not my daddy... I drove it for 2 years and sold it so that I could afford to buy a place of my own.. I traded in the truck for another truck and then a couple of years later got the G.. Truck is paid for now but I still pay for the G and the mortgage.. I think back on it all and if I had saved my money during that time instead of wasting it like I did, i would have kicked myself.. I make four times as much money now as I did back then, and the memories of the toys and the fun I had with them are worth so much more than the piddly amount I would have saved in my very early 20's.... It's all a matter of timing, comfort and personal choice.. Just make sure to pay your bills on time!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
yeah i mean in a way i kinda feel dumb for buying it at such a young age and i feel like i rushed things but whats done is done and i cant do much about it but be mature and deal with it... i can pay for the car with no prob i just hate that im getting ****ed on that monthly payment... but o well hopefully if i refinance i can bring them down... my parents dont want me to move and we have pretty decent size house plus i have a good relationship with them so its not so bad at home and i guess i dont mind staying there..plus i help with the morgage so its not like im freeloading.. but your right memories last more than money so i dont regret getting this car.. things will happen on their own and at the right time.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:30 PM
I just decided to sell my G also!

I have enjoyed the car for 2 years, but I have reached the point in my life where what I do financially NOW will determine how early I can retire!

My Net Worth is what's most important to me right now, but when I was 21 I could have cared less! I say have fun, but also keep your future financial goals in mind!

At your age I definately enjoyed driving nice cars but I also lived on my own. Get your own apartment...pulling up in the driveway in the G' with a chick and passing your parents on the way to the bedroom LOL!

Old 01-12-2006, 12:26 AM
hahah very true on the chic part but....im mexican and its normal for us haha jk but its not a big deal ive done it before and most chicks think its "cute" ...but who knows if they'll think its "cute" when im 25... if it is then i know i found the right one but my own place is def in mind plus in another year or two if everything goes good i should be making more money.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:36 PM
I put 0 down and pay 681/month.

Originally Posted by LjN_728
Wow...only 1500 on a $30k purchase? That's insane...well I mean not really insane but not a wise financial decision. And yea, you're right, a bigger downpayment does mean smaller monthly but then again, you're going from ($1500 down) $28500 to lets say ($10k down) $20k over 5 yrs. Obviously there's gonna be a huge difference.

You always want to down as much money as possible because for the G35, interest rates over a 60 month period is currently 6.44%. Dude that's crazy!! Unless you're willing to go with a G35 sedan which interest rates can go a low as 1.9% thru Infiniti loans, I'd advise to down a large portion and pay your loan off asap!! Not the traditional 60 month that many of us take.

First question, why do you want a G35? Secondly, does your age/class fit the G35. ie - if your 21 yrs old, get an accord. Much cheaper..to the sound of almost $15k. That alone is your down. Third, how old are you? Age does play a vital role in auto loans. ie - Credit/FICO score

Old 01-13-2006, 01:41 PM
cool... hopefully after i refinanace it'll bring my payments down alot more.. probably going through a credit union... anyone have experience doing this...?

Old 01-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by jimmytango00
last night i decided that im going to sell my car. I already have a buyer whos going to pay off my loan. Im planning to do it right this time...meaning i will save for almost a year wich will be 10k for a downpayment and another extra 10 for mods when i get the car. Now im im trying to decide if i should get a 04 6mt or something else...what do you guys think? its between a 97 supra, m3 (wich means id use the 20k for a down instead of half) any suggestions on other cars?
Want to take over my lease? I have a 6-speed 05 coupe with 10k miles on it in MINT condition. The car is loaded with aero kit, etc, except for NAV. The lease has 25 more months and the payment is only $494 a month. I am buying a house and the G must go. E-mail me at byrnesurfer@aol.com if interested.

Attached Thumbnails Letting The G Go-2.jpg  
Old 01-15-2006, 12:10 PM
why should someone else take over ur lease with the same monthly payment but an used car?