G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

HELP!! 4 ft long scratch from kick up rock on freeway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!! 4 ft long scratch from kick up rock on freeway

Today as I was heading home on the freeway a car infront of me changed lanes and I heard the a rock hit my car. I got home 2 minutes ago to find a HELLA LONG scratch on my rear left fender. Will the insurance cover this?!

Old 12-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by cloud
Today as I was heading home on the freeway a car infront of me changed lanes and I heard the a rock hit my car. I got home 2 minutes ago to find a HELLA LONG scratch on my rear left fender. Will the insurance cover this?!
Insurance would probably cover it under you comprehensive, but you would still have to fork out for you deductible, so it would be stupid to claim under insurance considering you insurance could go up because of the claim.

Post some pics up and we can let you know if we think it can be removed by a detailer. None-the-less, don't go the insurance route.. It's not worth it.

Sorry to hear about that man! Good Luck. Post pics if you can and we can give you some advice.

Old 12-28-2005, 06:40 PM
That sucks.. like the guy said up there.. don't bother with insurance... just to let you know if the damage is less than $500 you don't pay a deductable.. or something like that.. this lady hit my door one time in another car and gave me a small quarter size dent, her insurance company wrote me a check for $250 to get the dent popped out.

I don't know if that was worth waiting outside in the winter for 2 hours.. happened at a mall parking lot.. the dent zone.

Old 12-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Uploading the pics, the suns pretty bright so i can't get a good pic of it. When i run my finger through it I don't really feel it for the front part at least... it stretches through my rear entire left fender

Old 12-28-2005, 06:47 PM

By the way i have $100 deductible for my comprehensive coverange and that scratch is gonna cast $$$$$$$ because its like i said at least 4~5ft long

Old 12-28-2005, 07:00 PM
dont worry bout the scratch. scratches on a car are like scars on a face; it shows character.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:01 PM

By the way i have $100 deductible for my comprehensive coverange and that scratch is gonna cast $$$$$$$ because its like i said at least 4~5ft long
Hmmmmmmmm.....that doesn't look like a rock..... ...looks like the work of some idiot screwing with your car

Old 12-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by allforthecash
Hmmmmmmmm.....that doesn't look like a rock..... ...looks like the work of some idiot screwing with your car
werd, I doubt a rock, travelling at high speed would have the 'stickyness'(excuse my lack of physics terms) to travel 4 feet alongside your vehicle.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ZAINO!! jk jk It don't work wonders for everything. Ditto on the fishy scratches tho. I'd check out at the local auto store, ie - Pep Boys, and find a paint repair kit. Maybe you might be able to fill it in yourself. It looks as if the clear coat was scratched and not the actual paint.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:45 PM
hm but i felt the rock, i was driving hear something rolling(travelling or whatever) by the side of my car right after the car infront made a lane change to the left. I was like ohhh ****tt... I was going around 70mph at the time. Would stuff like scratch X help or mess things up even worse?
What if I filed a claim under vandalism since it does look like someone keyed my car... but seriously, that scratch is too shallow(but very visible) to be considered being keyed.

Last edited by cloud; 12-28-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Hate to tell ya but that's not a rock. A rock can't leave that kind of damage, unless someone drags it along your car like a key. Looks like someone didn't like you for some reason.

Old 12-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
from the picture, part of the scratch doesn't look that deep and it might be able to get buffed out. Take it to a detailer and ask them

Old 12-28-2005, 08:21 PM
ScratchX is not going to hide it all the way. It might hide the scratch a bit (ScratchX is a filler) but it's still going to be noticeable enough to bug you. You are going to need to compound that in order to get rid of it. It doesn't look too deep of a scratch but then again, we're not there to look at it in person.

-twantrd

Old 12-28-2005, 08:27 PM
I agree. Doesn't seem like damage from a rock.

Old 12-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Hmm, i doubt someone keyed it. I was 100 miles away from home in my uncle's place (a quiet neighbourhood and no kids) where I knew no one in modesto. I definately felt that rock(not sure if its a rock but what else could be on the freeway?? I was in the middle lane.) hit the rear left fender. So guys, how much would you guys think a scratch that long cost to fix? took a few more pics.. uploading them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP!! 4 ft long scratch from kick up rock on freeway