G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please! help me find a squeak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Please! help me find a squeak

My 03 coupe recently devloped a squeak somewhere in the rear that has been driving me nuts all week!

I believe it is coming from the rear, not sure if it is the suspension, maybe a bushing gone bad?

Only occurs on rough surfaces, you can hear it on bumps but its really apparent on rough roads. My car has had small rattles here and there but this one is just bad

Old 01-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Obsessive Owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, im not sure. I have an 05 coupe and I am getting a squeek from my center glovebox (i think). It is a high pitched squeek over rough surfaces or when I am keeping my arm on it, and it can sound like its coming from the rear. Not sure about what else it could be.

Old 01-31-2006, 08:54 PM
I had a rattle in the right rear of the cabin where the antenna is located. It came loose and always shook when changing lanes on the freeway. So it might be that.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Dan_K
I had a rattle in the right rear of the cabin where the antenna is located. It came loose and always shook when changing lanes on the freeway. So it might be that.
thanks guys keep them coming! I will search and destroy this weekend.

Someone mentioned it might be the sway bar bushings. That might not be such a bad thing (stillen sways + poly bushing FTW! )

Old 01-31-2006, 09:49 PM
I've actually have a similar squeeking problem in the rear too, mine is specifically on the passenger side rear. I notice it tends to make more noise over rough surfaces & when the weather is colder.

I have the Tein CS installed on my 04 coupe, so I'm under this impression it's the coilovers creating the noise? Before the suspension upgrade I had no noise. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Clip your front and rear seat belts too before you go on the noise hunt and make sure the back seats are fully locked.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Knight
I've actually have a similar squeeking problem in the rear too, mine is specifically on the passenger side rear. I notice it tends to make more noise over rough surfaces & when the weather is colder.

I have the Tein CS installed on my 04 coupe, so I'm under this impression it's the coilovers creating the noise? Before the suspension upgrade I had no noise. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
ill keep you informed if i hear anything. I have stock suspension and it sounds like we have the same exact problem, do you track your car? Im thinking it might be a bushing (sways maybe?)

Old 01-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by gizsf
Clip your front and rear seat belts too before you go on the noise hunt and make sure the back seats are fully locked.
ok so the button at the top of the back seat should be in the up or down position if locked?

Last edited by Derek173; 01-31-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:22 AM
i have it too, was told it was probably bushings. They offered to replace them on my next visit. My coupe is a may 03 build, started squeeking a few months ago.

I got a loaner FX for other work being done last Friday, on the same rough patches, the FX made the same exact sounds

Anyway, I've been fighting the substandard rubber used on the sunroof. So, I wouldnt be surprised if the bushings were not of the highest quality.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:35 AM
Please PLease, Find out exactly what was wrong, with part #'s if possible. Sounds like the same problem as me. How many miles you have on your coupe.

Still hoping its the sway bar bushings

Originally Posted by TimW
i have it too, was told it was probably bushings. They offered to replace them on my next visit. My coupe is a may 03 build, started squeeking a few months ago.

I got a loaner FX for other work being done last Friday, on the same rough patches, the FX made the same exact sounds

Anyway, I've been fighting the substandard rubber used on the sunroof. So, I wouldnt be surprised if the bushings were not of the highest quality.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:03 PM
No idea whats going on

Thanks!
+1 on the same exact problem but I have the Tein Flex and i can't tell exactly what side the noise is coming from.

I can kind of understand when it's cold for it to squeek because maybe the metal is cold and has to warm up or something

Old 02-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by 300zx2G35
+1 on the same exact problem but I have the Tein Flex and i can't tell exactly what side the noise is coming from.

I can kind of understand when it's cold for it to squeek because maybe the metal is cold and has to warm up or something
Do you guys with lowered suspensions track your car? Im thinking the track days may have worn out a bushing on my car (hopefully sway bushing )

Old 02-01-2006, 07:20 PM
With everything locked (seatbelts etc) I still hear the squeaking sound.

I do not track my car too, it's only used for regular city driving. It only just started about 6 months ago, and my G has only 24,000 kms on it. Unfortunately I do not see a TSB for bushing replacment.

The bushings theory does sounds logical, for those with stock suspension I think the dealer should be able to help you out. However for us with upgrades in suspension, depending on the dealership they may claim the swap in suspension is the problem.

Anyone else have issues with their bushings?

Much appreciated!

Old 02-01-2006, 08:59 PM
i just heard from others that it might be a sway bar bushing. Dont know myself.

With everything locked (seatbelts etc) I still hear the squeaking sound.

I do not track my car too, it's only used for regular city driving. It only just started about 6 months ago, and my G has only 24,000 kms on it. Unfortunately I do not see a TSB for bushing replacment.

The bushings theory does sounds logical, for those with stock suspension I think the dealer should be able to help you out. However for us with upgrades in suspension, depending on the dealership they may claim the swap in suspension is the problem.

Anyone else have issues with their bushings?

Much appreciated!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:11 PM
My car has a squeak as well

It sounds like it's coming from the rear wheel on the passenger side and when I called the Infiniti dealership the mechanic said that it might be caused by the fact that my brake pads are worn out and it's rubbing against the rotor. That sounds plausible except for the fact that the noise often comes when I'm not even touching the brakes. I'm taking it to the dealer soon and will let you guys know what I hear.

But there is definitely a part rubbing against another. Hope we can get to the bottom of this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please! help me find a squeak