G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe drift to the right TSB(Technical Service Bulletin)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coupe drift to the right TSB(Technical Service Bulletin)?

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their coupe drifting to the right. I am going to the dealer tommorrow and was wondering if I should have them check this TSB http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB03-028.htm . It says to replace a compression rod, would this help?

Old 03-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yoyopol2000
I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their coupe drifting to the right. I am going to the dealer tommorrow and was wondering if I should have them check this TSB http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB03-028.htm . It says to replace a compression rod, would this help?
i have the same prob on my 04.. i took it in and those ***** told me that its not pulling that it was low on air thats y it pulled.. i knew that wasnt it.. let me know if that fixes it.. i will b bringing mine in as well..

Old 03-06-2006, 10:10 PM
I picked up my car tonight. They replaced the compression rod and I must say that the car rides straight now. The only time it drifts to the right on occasion is when I brake, but I read that its normal for 18 inch wheels.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really! Well I might have mine done too. I notice that mine will drift right too. Hopefully my service dept. won't be a bunch of diks and say its air.

I'll fill up before I go in.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:58 AM
04.5 here, my car pulls to the right too. I'm going to wait until I take off my winters so they can't give me the predictable excuse. Thanks for that TSB... it's printed and sitting in my glove compartment ready for the next service appointment. It will be a while since we're still freezing our ***** off here in the NE.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:02 AM
it could also mean that your car just simply needs to have a re-alignment performed on the wheels. that's the first thing i would do before fiddling around with any rods. if it persists then i would move onto the tsb. cheers.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:42 AM
ok, but then here are my questions....
1. Is alignment covered under Infiniti's 4/60 warranty? (benzes are only covered in the first year, for example)
2. If it is not covered under warranty, and the rod seems to be the culprit, will Infiniti reinburse me the cost of the alignment?

Old 03-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by mike552
ok, but then here are my questions....
1. Is alignment covered under Infiniti's 4/60 warranty? (benzes are only covered in the first year, for example)
2. If it is not covered under warranty, and the rod seems to be the culprit, will Infiniti reinburse me the cost of the alignment?
it would probably depend on the dealer. but cars pull left and right all the time after marginal use. hence the reason for alignment jobs. if the rod is indeed the culprit then that's obviously the correct fix. but how many capable dealer's are out there than can ascertain that without performing an alignment check anyways? i'm not saying don't do the tsb ... i'm just giving an alternative solution. i like to fix the problem not create new one's. i'm sure there are people on this forum that bring tsb print-outs to their dealer just because they're out there and then the dealer breaks something else in the process of fixing the original tsb. better safe than sorry. cheers.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I have an 04 Coupe with new tires and a fresh alignment. My car had the compression rod replacement last week (TSB) and it still drifts to the right in the right lane. Don't forget that all roads have a pitch on them for drainage. It is fine in the far left lane. Some drift (very slight) is probably normal. Also remember that directional tires behave differently than non directional.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
it would probably depend on the dealer. but cars pull left and right all the time after marginal use. hence the reason for alignment jobs. if the rod is indeed the culprit then that's obviously the correct fix. but how many capable dealer's are out there than can ascertain that without performing an alignment check anyways? i'm not saying don't do the tsb ... i'm just giving an alternative solution. i like to fix the problem not create new one's. i'm sure there are people on this forum that bring tsb print-outs to their dealer just because they're out there and then the dealer breaks something else in the process of fixing the original tsb. better safe than sorry. cheers.
The warranty does not apply to a particular dealer, it is "written in stone", I just thought that one of you guys might know the answer. The dealer's competency on warranty claims, however, will have an effect on how much of a hassle they will give you. I'm with you on not creating new problems, but this is a suspension issue involving big metal parts and exact tolerances, not interior trim issues, etc. For example, my LCD screen does a poor job of brightening up in the morning (first 3 mins), I live with it because the only alternative is to open up the dash and replace the heating element.... NO THANKS! I used to work for BMW and I can remember the many fukk-ups we had with dashboards. Suspension and powertrain is another issue altogether!

Old 03-07-2006, 06:42 PM
my 05 seems to drift to the left at only highway speeds when my steering wheel is straight...is that normal for a 05? dealer said it was very minimal... any thoughts?

thanks.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Could be a defective tire. I've seen that before, especially on OEM mass produced cheaper tires... let's face it, they never put on the best. Try rotatin your tires (if you can), or borrow a pair of wheels for the front and go for a spin.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:50 PM
you know..... i had the same problem..... they told me that was normal and it doesn't drift that much so dont worry about it......pisses me off i always keep checking my tires and they're all the same psi....

Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Mmhm...
i have this problem too, i have to hold my steering wheel in place its only a slight right pull but its there, i think my dealer would void my warranty on that though only cuase of my wheels i think.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Rims

The dealer I got my car from said that rims don't void the warranty. So if the dealer tells you that their full of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe drift to the right TSB(Technical Service Bulletin)?