G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

headrest pillow?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 05:29 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
headrest pillow?

The coupe head rests are way too far back for any type of practical use..

Does anybody know where i can get headrest pillows?

Old 03-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would these work for you?

Curt

Old 03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
mc2
a bit pricey

Old 03-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
Active head restraints are not a place to nap, they are for avoiding injury in the event of an accident.

Pillow...

I'm speechless. [is there an emoticon for shaking one's head in disbelief?]

Cheers,
Derek

Old 03-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i think the coupe head rest is too far away from my head..my neck get tired while driving it for a while...look for some pillow too...

Old 03-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by derek
Active head restraints are not a place to nap, they are for avoiding injury in the event of an accident.

Pillow...

Cheers,
Derek
Right.

A lot of people think "rest" means a place to rest your head. It is short for "restraint."

What the hell are you doing resting your head while you are driving anyways? you shouldn't be that relaxed. Occasionally you may need to lean back and stretch out, but the current head rests are fine for that. Keep the pillows in the bedroom (either on the bed, or on the floor)

Old 03-17-2006, 02:45 AM
With the seats in my porsche and all my racecars, you can easily rest your head without leaning back. And your not relaxing necessarily, its just more comforatable. Im for sure not relaxing at 180, hehe. Lemme know what you come up with.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:54 AM
i just got mine adjustable head rest couple days ago.. they r slightly bigger than stock.. it is not as well stiched up as the stock ones i think but u can't really see it.. and yes they r too expensive..

they work a bit because ur head can finally rest on something when ur driving a long way.. they r softer so yes they r more comfortable..

but wut does "Active Headrest" do? they raise up during a collision so ur neck woudn't break from the whiplash?

Old 03-17-2006, 04:06 AM
mc2
Originally Posted by derek

Pillow...

Cheers,
Derek
I didnt say i wanted a place to take a nap. I asked if anybody knew where i could get headrest pillows, not what active head restraints were for. I know perfectly well what an active head restraint does. Thanks for your useless comments though.

Old 03-17-2006, 04:07 AM
mc2
Originally Posted by avalon96
Right.

A lot of people think "rest" means a place to rest your head. It is short for "restraint."

What the hell are you doing resting your head while you are driving anyways? you shouldn't be that relaxed. Occasionally you may need to lean back and stretch out, but the current head rests are fine for that. Keep the pillows in the bedroom (either on the bed, or on the floor)
there's nothing wrong with wanting to put my head back on something on a long drive. What the hell am i doing? I am being comfortable in a car which i bought so i could be comfortable while driving it.

Thank you also for your useless comment.

Last edited by mc2; 03-17-2006 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:09 AM
mc2
Originally Posted by y.dan
i just got mine adjustable head rest couple days ago.. they r slightly bigger than stock.. it is not as well stiched up as the stock ones i think but u can't really see it.. and yes they r too expensive..

they work a bit because ur head can finally rest on something when ur driving a long way.. they r softer so yes they r more comfortable..

but wut does "Active Headrest" do? they raise up during a collision so ur neck woudn't break from the whiplash?
The active headrest moves forward to catch your head basically from snapping back. This was taken from Nissan's site:

The Active Head Restraint uses the force of the occupant's body against the seatback in a rear-end collision to move the head restraint forward instantaneously to support the head, thereby helping to reduce the impact to the neck of a front-seat occupant. The mechanism of whiplash injuries closely involves two factors resulting from the impact: the force acting to bend the neck backward and the force that causes the head to tilt rearward. Because the Active Head Restraint is effective in controlling these two factors, it can help reduce the load on the neck at the moment of the collision

Old 03-17-2006, 04:46 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Modifying your head restraint is asking for a serious injury.

You can pull your headrest foward to see how far it moves when they do their job in a rearward colision. Now, imagine your head being forced that far foward from the linearity of your spine if you modify them so you can comfortably rest on them like you do on a high-back chair. OUCH is all I can say....

Old 03-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Curt G
Would these work for you?
agreed

Last edited by tekknikal; 03-17-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Right.

I guess you've never taken a trip that takes hours to drive? After an hour or so it feel so relaxing to rest your head or sometimes at stop linghts I do this also... The headrest seems fine to me just where it is.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Right.

Cause bruh you need to rest your head when your not driving you know when you waiting on classes or at work or even chilling rolling a blunt goddam dont question it just help the man out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: headrest pillow?