G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealer hit my KurumaZ Bumper seeking help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer hit my KurumaZ Bumper seeking help

Guys i really need some help right now. I had some recall work done and some TSB's to be done at Harte Infiniti in CT. It should have took a day but i knew something was up wehn they wanted me to keep my loaner for the night.

So they just called me and told me my car is ready i was so happy to get it back but as soon as i got there i saw my car with a huge gash on the bumper. i was like wtf and talked to service, i was then directed to the service manager. the service manager Dennis Pisco was absolutely not about helping me, he immediately acted like it was there and i know it wasnt. i tried to talk to the GM of the dealer but he was in a meeting so they said he would call me back. i called infiniti consumer affairs and not much accomplished there, i filed a complaint against the dealer. at this point its their word against mine and when 3 of them say the damage has been there i cant say anything but it wasnt. i told the service manager i have pics of the car before this damage and he said "i dont want to see them". i do not know where to turn to other than the BBB. is there anything i can do at this point guys? i am awaiting the call from the GM but i bet not much will be accomplished.

Heres a pic of the damage :

Someone please help me. Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails Dealer hit my KurumaZ Bumper seeking help-photo_033006_001.jpg  
Old 03-30-2006, 11:37 AM
When you drop your car at the dealer, didn't they do a visual inspection? If so, you claim can be based on that.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:45 AM
he just like walked around half of it slightly. i dont think it was enough evidence of a full walk around...my damn mistake for not making them do it. shouldnt have trusted them to do a job correctly.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:45 AM
...we dont need roads...

^^^ Yea, if its not on the walk around and they didn't point it out to you when you droped it off, thats all the proof you need to get them to repair it. Good luck bro and don't give in.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks, I don't want to give in at all, but I feel i have my back totally against the wall. it was already 3v1 with their word saying the gash was there before i got there versus mine. It seemed like there was really no one to turn to at the whole dealership...apparently the BBB has this under them:

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to an unanswered complaint, and unresolved complaint. However, the business has resolved most complaints presented by the Bureau.

Figures. I will speak with my insurance company/bbb/infiniti again to see what else i can do. the service guy never pointed out anything when we went to the car...he did a brief walk around and i gave him my wheel locks and he tossed them in the seat. the service guy was not there today.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Is it mandatory for the dealer to do a walkaround to point out any defects, because there was no such paperwork or he did not point out anything since there were no marks to be told of. Thanks

Old 03-30-2006, 12:11 PM
...we dont need roads...

yea its mandatory, you should have signed off on it when you gave them your car. They are suppose to check for scratches, dents..etc. Thats how they keep track of the cars damage when its droped off & delivered so your situation doesn't happen. If they have know proof it wasn't there, then it wasn't. Plus its bull ish when they team up against you, they cant do that crap. I had that happen to me at infiniti once. Pissed me off.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:08 PM
G SQUAD
What I do when I take my car to the dealer is bring my camera and make sure I sign the walk-thru...

They'll be much more inclined to take care of you car, and if not... you have the pix to prove it. Sad to say that we, owners of the cars have to take such drastic measure to ensure that nothing is f'd up with our cars.

I know several people that have had rims, body, etc messed up. Only way to protect yourself is to have ammo/proof.

A picture is worth a thousand words... even in a 3v1..

Hope all goes well with your G.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:24 PM
sad but true..i am going to have take even more extra precautions with dealing with the dealer. i just went to check my car again...apparently they couldnt even get the grease stain TSB on the window fix correct. I cant even close my passenger window...if i roll it up it comes back down and the general manager still hasnt called me.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
My passenger window does the same thing, if you just hold the button up then it will stay up.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn sorry to hear you are going through a tough time with this. When i took my car to get serviced, this Infinity SUV came in with some 24' wheels, just blinging and flawless, and the guy driving it to the back F@%#ed up their front bumper!!!! Hope this never happens to me!!

Old 03-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
See typically dealers will give the customer the benefit of the doubt, so long as it's not outrageous. If the service advisor did an half as* inspection and didn't mark any damages, that's his bad. So long as he puts the car was in perfect condition coming in, it has to be perfect coming out. This incident may prompt the service manager to have all advisors do a thorough inspection in the future but the main concern is to make the dealer repaint your bumper or pay for the damages. Good luck!

Old 03-30-2006, 01:36 PM
I am trying to make them pay for the damage btu the exact words from the service manager was "I am not paying for this"...this is so ridiculous i can not believe it I really want to speak the GM to see if theres anything he will do if not i will start filing claims...but that probably wont do much....but if anyone is in the CT area i want to give them a heads up on this crooked dealership.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
My passenger window does the same thing, if you just hold the button up then it will stay up.

I just tried that it will NOT stay up...to make matters even worse when i was trying this i notice they fkd up my tint as well....there is now small bubbles at the top of my tint...geez...this gets worse and worse.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:16 PM
hahahhahaha SWEET...i just looked at my interior...now the aluminum trim armrests that are on the door...the passenger side is cracked with a hole and the driver side has a bunch of nice scratches....my god i hate harte infiniti wiht a passion and their service staff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer hit my KurumaZ Bumper seeking help