G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Common issues w/2003-2004 G35 Coupes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Do u use oem sensors??
Cam sensors I bought oem from Infiniti. Crank sensor is oem Nissan. Oil and filter are mobile one 5/10 every 3 months. Always Premium gas.

Just dropped her off at the dealer n wait to see what they say.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problems with Lilian after 160,000 miles.

2003 Infiniti g35 3.5 l RWD V6 AT. 160,000 miles

I am the second owner of this car, and an aftermarket AEM cold air intake had been installed as well as the AEM Electronically tuned system. I think the system works with the factory ECU, but I have my doubts as to its efficiency. But I like the sound and like the look of the mod. Other than that well maintained but pretty much stock.

Major Possible Problems
- replaced head gaskets (under dealership warranty)
- LSD install probably a really good idea, but damn pricey. Older cars tend to "slip" more often
- Front control arm bushings are terrible! I grantee if you have an older g35 you are in the same boat unless you repair them. All bushings, the entire suspension in the front is a solid design with crappy rubber bushings.

Moderate Problems
- leaky valve covers (pretty much both sides). There are gaskets available, but no metal valve covers for this model engine as far as i know. please prove me wrong. I just clean and replace sparks as needed (they don't appear too oily.
- One of the driver's side seat mounting bolts sheered off and the seat would do this terrible clunk as my weight shifted. (fixed with quick steel/ welder would also work) 180 lbs too much for these seats i suppose.
- Front brakes and rotors were F*(*(ed from previous driver, diy replaced cheaply and easily)
- keep a look out for vac. leaks. I had to replace the PCV Valve and hose at some point
- Radiator went out at about 130k. not really surprising, but happened

Minor Issues:
- Slack Seat Belts which like to stop the door from being closed.
- Seat/Window Motors going out all over (what do you expect?)
- Lost rear view mirror, which also took a large portion of window glass with the mount. Nice glass crater now.
- As she ages she runs leaner than she used to.
- Tends to blow hot air in cabin if left on "through" vent unless car is set to circulate internally
- no ebrake to pull
- does not go into space.
- cannot be used as a submarine.

Overall one of the best cars I've owned in its stock condition! 9/10 for what ive gotten out of her, vs. what I've paid. Finding parts for these can be hard, as not all 2003ish 350z parts fit. Don't plan on putting in a turbo without substantial additional mods for support. Plenum Spacer is a good idea, NOS would also be cool. The car sounds great as is, so I would stay away from a supercharger, as they make them sound like children's toys (just my opinion) and I beat a 350z the other day with one equipped.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (03-16-2014)