G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Thinking of selling my S2000 for 06 G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of selling my S2000 for 06 G35 coupe

I am thinking of selling my S and getting a G. I was hoping someone here has done the same, and can give me the courage I need to go through with it. It will be very hard to part with the S, but since I work out of my car, I really need more room.

I currently have an Acura TL, as well as an FX45, and the S has turned into more of a occational weekend car (I only put 3K miles on it in the past year), since I really cannot conduct business out of it.

The G should be much better for a few reasons. 1-It has more room for front seat passenger, 2-has more trunk/storage space for my work stuff and golf clubs, 3-If I get a phone call, I can always roll up the windows and shut the sunroof (can't just raise the top on the freeway in the S).

There are 2 things I am having a hard time with, even though I put down a deposit and ordered an 06 5AT on Monday. The 2 things I am not crazy about- 1-The dash (center console is nice, but the rounded part in front of the passenger seems far away and weird (remember I also drive a TL, which has one of the best looking interiors in the world). 2-The seat controls jamming into my right thigh. I have the same issue with my FX, but it has a wider seat to start with, so it is not as bad. I heard they might change this in 07, like they did for the FX in 06, but I can't wait for the 07 G.

Any thoughts from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Golf

Old 04-05-2006, 10:48 AM
if you have 2 other car then why change your weekend car? S is much more fun to drive and just a tad faster stock than G. I say mod your S and keep it as your weekend car. Your 2 other car are not beater so you can do business with them If S is your only car then I understand switching to a G since it has back seat.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:06 AM
why do you need 3 cars?

Old 04-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by GolfHawk
3-If I get a phone call, I can always roll up the windows and shut the sunroof (can't just raise the top on the freeway in the S).
Just drive with the top up then or pull over while you're on the phone instead of doing so while driving. That's the beauty of a convertible, is that it gives you the option of having the top up or down and I don't really see the lack of a convertible option as a benefit of a G35(at least for the reason you're citing).

If you already have 2 other decent cars, then I say keep the S2000 as your fun weekend car. 3K miles a year is not much driving that you've been doing in that S2000, especially if it's on weekends.. which likely means that you maybe do 1/3 of that(maybe 1000 miles a year in S2000) on business related matters. Those figures are just speculation... but you get where I'm going with it. Buying a new car to make up for 1000 miles or so of inconvenience that you already have the ability to avoid by just driving one of your other vehicles seems foolish and wasteful to me.

Plus.. I would think that the temperment of the S2000 is a lot different from that of your other cars and probably is a breath of fresh air in comparison to the Torquey FX45 and semi-torquey TL. The S2000 on the other hand, is your low-to-the-ground, high-revving, convertible, go-kartish weekend fun car. I'm not saying that you wouldn't appreciate having a G35 in the fold of your cars, but I think the S2000 balances out the full range of vehicles that you have in your fold, whereas a G35 is a lot more similar to the other 2 vehicles that you already have.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:57 AM
i agree, keep the s2000 convertible as your fun weekend car.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:36 PM
I agree with the other guys. I don't see the reasoning behind selling your S2000 to get a G35. Why don't you use your TL as a daily car and the S2000 for weekends. The TL is basically like the G35, no point of getting similar cars.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Uhhh....You completely stumped me.

Since it doesn't make sense to me why you have 3 cars anyway and asking whether or not to trade in your s2k for "another" daily car, I say just buy the G35 as a 4th car. Problem solved.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Sell your S, and get an Elise!

Old 04-05-2006, 02:22 PM
these other guys are crazy!

Originally Posted by robertc
I agree with the other guys. I don't see the reasoning behind selling your S2000 to get a G35.
Wow guys, you would think this is a dang Honda lovers forum!
Dude says he wants to sell the S! He drives it, he knows why it sux for him and why he wants to sell it....you all are trying to tell him how to pull over to take a call....jeez, i assume he's smart enough to have figured that out already!

I say sell it. I've been a big fan of Honda forever, but after getting my G i'm an even BIGGER infiniti fan.

I always thought dash was lil' weird to (rounded), but really it grew on me, now i look at it and thinks its one of the nicest looking in its calss. its way better then the plain looking bmw 3xx dashes, etc.

And the seats REALLY loosen up, (maybe too much). I think at first this may be issue, but months from now the sides settle down.

Dude, grab the 06 G, you will love it.

Later.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As for the dash being far away from the passenger, this is a good thing. While it looks nice to have a large area sculpted for the dash/glovebox, many new cars do this at a great expense for leg room. Sure, the seat can be mounted to force the knees to remain bent, and thus clearing the dash, however no ability to move your legs around translates to no leg room.

And forget the cockpit-feel. It was a cool trend and adds a sporty feel, but it absolutely kills passenger space. Look at some of your complaints about the S2000 and how they translate to benefits with the G. The dash design is the key detail that provides such a difference between the two.

FWIW, I love the S2000 and would have strongly considered modifying one over getting a Corvette... ...had I not needed a backseat.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by ARTofDESIGN
Wow guys, you would think this is a dang Honda lovers forum!
Dude says he wants to sell the S! He drives it, he knows why it sux for him and why he wants to sell it....you all are trying to tell him how to pull over to take a call....jeez, i assume he's smart enough to have figured that out already!
He asked us for some input... and that's exactly what he got.

Just because we all own G35's doesn't mean that we are not allowed to acknowledge that other vehicles are stronger in certain areas than ours and should blindly and forcefully insist that the G35 is the best car out there in every way.

The S2000 is a more capable pure weekend fun driving car with it's 2-seater capacity and minimal cargo volume, super-low stance, convertible top, harsh ride, go-kart handling and high-revving engine temperment.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by inspector_yoo
Sell your S, and get an Elise!
Enough said!

Old 04-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
He asked us for some input... and that's exactly what he got.
Fair enough, but i think he mainly asked for encouragement to get TO the G, not get away from it....
Originally Posted by GolfHawk
give me the courage I need to go through with it. It will be very hard to part with the S, but since I work out of my car, I really need more room....I put down a deposit and ordered an 06 5AT on Monday
Originally Posted by partyman66
Just because we all own G35's doesn't mean that we are not allowed to acknowledge that other vehicles are stronger in certain areas than ours and should blindly and forcefully insist that the G35 is the best car out there in every way.
Hmmm...I don't remember saying anything along the lines of "other vehicles are(or aren't) stronger in certain areas than ours" and i wasn't doing this: "should blindly and forcefully insist that the G35 is the best car out there in every way". IN FACT:I dont remember even sayin the G is BETTER then the S, just that it will work for him based on what he said.

He asked for encouragement...and wasn't getting it. I address his concerns and encouraged him to get past them as he requested.....

What say you?

later bro....

Old 04-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by ARTofDESIGN
He asked for encouragement...and wasn't getting it. I address his concerns and encouraged him to get past them as he requested.....

What say you?
I say he keeps the S2000.

I feel obligated not to encourage what I perceive to be an unwise decision given the the information that he provided us about his circumstances.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my S2000 for 06 G35 coupe