G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Lamest ticket i have gotten

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tickets suck...getting pulled over in the first place is a horrible experience in itself...but the fact of the matter is that a big chunk of the time we get pulled over simply because we drives G's. IMO

Old 12-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by aleok
i say fight every ticket, whats the worst that can happen? you'll lose.
Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but in California, if you fight a ticket and lose, you won't have the option to go through traffic school to remove the violation from your record.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:18 AM
It's very easy to say "Fight the ticket".

The problem is you won't know the date to appear in court, and not everyone's staying home doing nothing. We have a job, to give up a day probably costs more than the ticket itself.

I have gotten a speeding ticket when my left headlight bulb went out, which suppose to be only a warning. Cops want to give you ticket so he can get extra credit on his performance, to them it's just a job.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:18 AM
You don't know lame until your actually written a ticket for doing 29 in a 25, backing out of your driveway. Yes I really got this ticket. Apparently, I was in such a rush, i wound out reverse to almost 30 miles an hour... down my driveway, and boy was that ticket easy to fight.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:24 PM
**** cops.. they just luv bustin *****... they luv it wen they see a young drivin a nicer car then they will ever own in their life.... i work at a dinner and state troopers come in all the time nd rack up like 150 dollar bill... the funny thing is my boss ****in takes half the bill and they still tip like shyt..

Old 12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^they may tip like shyt, but when is the last time your boss got a speeding ticket or any other ticket for that matter

And yes most cops can't afford nice things, but thats not the point. Some go after the hotshots out of spite and some are just doing their jobs. No one is perfect.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:13 PM
*Gunner Mother F*cker*
i have to say i got the lamest ticket ever and weirdest punishment for it too... i got pulled over on my base in Iraq for doing 24 in a 20. Heres the funny part i was in a golf cart. MP's have nothing to do but annoy people. Oh yeah i didnt have to pay a fine but I had to go fill sand bags for 4 hours.. i think i win!!

Old 12-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^whoa...wait a min...they clock your speed in a golf cart....first off they check your speed on a military base?...Okay now thats def lame

Old 12-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ImIn06GT
and so is speeding 10 mile aver... how is that lame????

the law may be lame, but u knew the law and you broke it, be a man
You live in Los Angeles? If this was Austin, Texas maybe. (When I was there, it seemed like everyone stayed under the limit). But not in Los Angeles. When I lived in LA, the average flow of traffic on the 110 freeway is between 80 and 90 mph. If you drive 65, you'd probably have a high chance of getting shot, especially if you tried to camp out in one of the left lanes.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EX-250
You don't know lame until your actually written a ticket for doing 29 in a 25, backing out of your driveway. Yes I really got this ticket. Apparently, I was in such a rush, i wound out reverse to almost 30 miles an hour... down my driveway, and boy was that ticket easy to fight.
Ok, you win. I was going to tell a story about the time I got pulled over after I got on the freeway for, "Accelerating too fast onto the freeway". Nevermind this particular onramp is a mere stop sign with a 90 degree turn to get on the freeway, with no acceleration lane. You pretty much have to floor it and pray you don't get hit.

If anyone lives in LA, and drives the pasadena freeway, you know what I'm talking about.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Well I dont know about Cali, but I know here in Florida we drive pretty crazy =P Specially from the latest g35/350z meet but yeah.. getting pulled over 10mph I'd say fight it or hire one of those ticket lawyer people to do it for you, but if you told him in words that you said 75 in 65 then might be stuck not sure.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:53 PM
*Gunner Mother F*cker*
Originally Posted by castertroy101
^whoa...wait a min...they clock your speed in a golf cart....first off they check your speed on a military base?...Okay now thats def lame
Yea it is... i dont get it either.. hmm lets not worry about the war or the fact we get rocketed regularly but lets worry bout that guy speeding in a golf cart..

Old 12-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Mr.GEE
Speaking of speeding, about two months ago I was driving from Annapolis MD, to Philadelphia. Some moron in a black Lexus is riding my tail in the Harbor Tunnel, I was doing around 65 already where the speed limit in the tunnel is only 45. After we exit the tunnel he gets around me and takes off. About 3 miles further north a MD Transportation Police has pulled him over writing him a ticket. "It serves him right" I thought for tailgating me in the tunnel. As I was travelling on I-95 near the Delaware border, here comes the moron in the black Lexus again, weaving in and out of trafic doing around 90-100, making use of all 4 lanes. Just as I pass the Cristiana exit, the Lexus is pulled over AGAIN getting another ticket by Delaware State Police. LMAO, two speeding tickets within an hour of each other. I guess some people never learn.
Classic!

Old 12-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
I'm just waiting for G35Mass to come in here and start bashing heads. You guys complain about laws - like them or not, they're laws. Lobby to change them if you feel strongly that they're wrong.
Look, speeding laws are not always enforced, but when they are, you complain because you got "singled out". Would you rather get a ticket EVERYTIME you violate a law? I didn't think so. Just because you can get away with going 75 in a 70 999 out of 1000 times, doesn't mean that you can complain when you do get caught.

I cruise at 80mph everytime I hit the highway. In fact, it's been my observation that highway traffic flows at 75-80mph. When I drive the speed limit (65mph), 9 out of 10 cars end up passing me - literally; I do a lot of highway driving and often think about these sort of things - I do the math sometimes and those are the statistics I've observed here in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

To the OP - I know you're upset about the ticket, but do you think you didn't deserve it? You were caught violating the law.

To the rest of you - Stop with the silly "It wasn't fair", "He was just filling his ticket quota", "Why me?", and "Tickets are a hidden tax" posts. It's a law you violated!! You should know the laws before you jump behind the wheel. You pay to play. It sucks to get caught, but what can you do?

End of story. End of thread.

Unless G35Mass wants to chime in. I'm sure he has some insightful words of encouragement.
But what can you do? ummm I dunno, you can maybe exercise your legal rights and fight the ticket? lol, but whatever, have fun paying every single ticket and/or traffic infraction for the rest of your life, even though you could have fought and won 75% of them.

If you get pulled over, and the officer gives you a legitimate reason for giving you the ticket, backed by legal evidence, yes, you deserve the ticket. HOWEVER, what pisses me off is when cops take advantage of the average American, whom does not know the law. There are way too many instances to list, but yes, under VC, it is illegal for police officers to fill any type of "quota" they may have, use speed traps and use speed trap evidence to warrant a ticket for the driver. Know your laws people. You'd be surprised how many tickets you could have avoided if you knew them, and fought it.

Goodz, I love your useless comments buddy. Keep up the good work

Old 12-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jerze Rat
Yea it is... i dont get it either.. hmm lets not worry about the war or the fact we get rocketed regularly but lets worry bout that guy speeding in a golf cart..
lol, yea, my buddy and I got pulled over by some idiot MP in afghanistan and got a ticket for speeding. Don't think he ever payed it either...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lamest ticket i have gotten