G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

damn 350z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solution: Get a Valve body upgrade and high-stall Torque Coverter. With VB upgrade, you'll shift quicker, smoother. With TC upgrade, you'll improve your launching. Another mod is, 3.5 Final drive for Auto.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Boost99A4
An auto G and an auto Supra aren't the samething. The Supra doesnt lose as much power as the G does when it is an automatic. An auto TURBO supra will stay in its powerband, without losing boost when shifting. A MT one will come out of boost regardless when you shift. It's two completely different cars. You can't compare the two....
So which one finally was it? Was the Z auto or stick? I'm pretty sure it had to be 6MT...
Ok, take boost out of the factor and use fuel now.. When shifting you will take your foot off the gas while with the Auto you are still holding down the gas pedal with a continuous flow of gas going in right??. You can correct the shifting speed by having the ECU tuned with a dyno and a good shop which could shift faster and more consistent then any human could.. I am just speaking in theory here.. I just don't see how a G35 auto takes 25 percent of its power away from your car and the Auto Supra doesn't do the same.. I am just using the Supra as an example here..

Old 04-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by GXCLUSIV
Solution: Get a Valve body upgrade and high-stall Torque Coverter. With VB upgrade, you'll shift quicker, smoother. With TC upgrade, you'll improve your launching. Another mod is, 3.5 Final drive for Auto.

can you point me towards where i can get one/have it done? Id really appreciate it.

Old 04-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
When shifting you will take your foot off the gas while with the Auto you are still holding down the gas pedal with a continuous flow of gas going in right??
Power isn't being transmitted to the wheels during the shift. The auto transmission still has to shift and it shifts slowly compared to someone who is good at driving a manual. The torque converter also eats power.

Old 04-30-2006, 05:08 PM
VB upgrade: Stillen, Level10, SGP and Forged Internals. SGP and Forged Internals is probably the best 2.
TC upgrade: EdgeRacing Converter and SGP Racing.

ForgedInternals: http://www.forgedinternals.com/
SGP: http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/index.html
EdgeRacing: http://www.edgeracingconverters.com/contact.htm
Level10: http://www.levelten.com/

Old 04-30-2006, 05:34 PM
If you install Forged Internals Valve Body upgrade with out being FI is it really worth it?? Will my car shift that much faster for an $800 dollar plus install part??

Old 04-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
besides shifting speed the 6MT has more agressive gearing.

Old 04-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
Ok, take boost out of the factor and use fuel now.. When shifting you will take your foot off the gas while with the Auto you are still holding down the gas pedal with a continuous flow of gas going in right??. You can correct the shifting speed by having the ECU tuned with a dyno and a good shop which could shift faster and more consistent then any human could.. I am just speaking in theory here.. I just don't see how a G35 auto takes 25 percent of its power away from your car and the Auto Supra doesn't do the same.. I am just using the Supra as an example here..
I see what you're saying, by using the Supra as an example, but you're missing the main point. Fuel, boost,w/e, the car is still coming out of its powerband. Thats the main reason why an auto turbo supra is faster than a 6mt one. Also the longer the gears are in a turbo car, the better. Its different in a n/a car. The gears in an auto G and a 6mt one are completely different. I think that by the time I'm in 4th gear, my friend with an auto G is on the top of his 2nd. The couple of times me and him have raced have been pretty bad. And theres not much room for error in an auto, when you're not in manumatic mode. Now, I'm not saying every race is going to be like that, but stock for stock, a 6mt G should not have a problem with an auto G.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:47 PM
SDG
You 6MT owners are in a wishful coma. Every report I can find shows the 0-60 and 0-100 times are about the same, 0.2s and 0.3s faster respectively at the most. And these numbers assume a perfect launch and perfect shifting from the manual driver. The auto makes the same number every time. So if you drive it perfect, never miss a gear or optimum shift point then yeah you are faster, but not much.

Only 'go-fast' mods on my AT are the 5/16" spacer and z-tube/CAI and I've "compared" my car to only one 6mt coupe, (year unknown, mine is 03) We 'compared' cars 3 times. First one w/ VDC ON (yeah oops!) in man-matic, lost. Turned off the VDC and 2nd time in manu-matic, won and 3rd time in D, won.

All that said I love the stick shift too guys, I really miss it. If I didn't commute my G on the lovely congested freeways here I would have bought manual

Old 04-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by SDG
You 6MT owners are in a wishful coma. Every report I can find shows the 0-60 and 0-100 times are about the same, 0.2s and 0.3s faster respectively at the most. And these numbers assume a perfect launch and perfect shifting from the manual driver. The auto makes the same number every time. So if you drive it perfect, never miss a gear or optimum shift point then yeah you are faster, but not much.

Only 'go-fast' mods on my AT are the 5/16" spacer and z-tube/CAI and I've "compared" my car to only one 6mt coupe, (year unknown, mine is 03) We 'compared' cars 3 times. First one w/ VDC ON (yeah oops!) in man-matic, lost. Turned off the VDC and 2nd time in manu-matic, won and 3rd time in D, won.

All that said I love the stick shift too guys, I really miss it. If I didn't commute my G on the lovely congested freeways here I would have bought manual
6MT>AT ....i too have compared them side by side on the highway 6MT came out on-top....both stock....i too commute with congestion ...i love the 6MT in traffic as well... 6MT>AT

as for the 350z...a 6MT would have given him a better run...

Old 04-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by SDG

I commute in congested freeways all the time and i enjoy pressing the clutch 10000000 times and never get tired of it.

As far as 5AT has similar accelaration as 6MT i hate to say it is not true . Only similarity that they have in acceration is 1st and 2nd gear.One day race a 6MT on highway from 60-100 u will know what i am talking about.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea us LA Ca guys have it the worst. if we can live w/ a clutch in this traffic, pretty much anyone can! the gearing on the 6MT is much more aggressive once we get to 3rd. its a whole new game. 5AT can go upto 95 mph in 3rd manumatic, 6MT goes to about 83....

Old 05-01-2006, 12:06 AM
i have an AT and my brother bought the MT. we go neck and neck until about 110. its all how you shift the auto stick. granted, he has an extra gear on me, but if you know what youre doin, you can get him at the start...

Old 05-01-2006, 12:25 AM
LOL ^ Where r u from.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:51 AM
It's more driver than car, period. get someone that can really drive behind either of those cars and they'll kick *** 9x outa 10.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: damn 350z