G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 clocked at 126mph on GW Parkway DAMN!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to be a douche.. but for you guys that are scared or just dont want to drive fast.. save yourself some $$ and sell your G. because this is the wrong car for you. this thing isnt happy doing the speed limit.

while were on the subject of "almost" tickets.. i got nabbed at 172 in a 55 in Va Beach... thank god for military ID!

Old 05-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One time I went 1000 mph on my little red wagon. Cops were to scared to pull my bad a$$ over. I was like "shheeeeeittttt mang!, I'm really cool for driving fast in my car. I'm gonna tell everybody during a pissing contest."

You guys are funny.

-Jimbo

Old 05-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by jersey-G
I'm just saying that with having a fast car comes the responsibility to use it in the right venue and the highway is not that venue. Just because the car can go 160 that doesn't mean it should be driven that fast. You can take that however you like. I speed all the time but usually cap it at 15 over the speed limit at the most. Is that still breaking the law? YES. Is it dangerous? Probably YES. Is it even close to as dangerous or reckless as 120+? NO.
Jersey-G i think were agreeing there is a fine line between fun and reckless and each person has there own perception of that, and btw my previous comments werent just targeting you.

Originally Posted by yamanb
um no, not everyone here is guilty of doing the same thing. I have a feeling a lot more of us are mature enough to keep it off the streets and on the track. So, don't be so quick to judge the people on this board. Thanks.
Hmmm.... your judging me when i said dont be so quick to judge. Your trying to exclude me from the other ppl on this board. Dont speak for the whole board when you say " I have a feeling a lot more of us are mature enough to keep it off the streets". I think it is 100% impossible for you not to have violated any posted speed limits. Im not saying you go do 60mph in a 25mph..... but dont be a hypocrite. (not flaming anyone for this) but ppl on this very thread have admited to speeding so why dont you and the other "mature" people (because obviously i am not bc i have gone 60 in a 55) keep beliving that your not a hypocrite.

Ughhh and to think my original post was to address the drivers ability and compitence to make smart decisions, and maybe raise an discussion about... is it really the speed that is the reason that so many people die of accidents? bc if thats the point then why does the autobahn have one of the lower fatality rates compared to american highways?

Old 05-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by M4Gunner
Not to be a douche.. but for you guys that are scared or just dont want to drive fast.. save yourself some $$ and sell your G. because this is the wrong car for you. this thing isnt happy doing the speed limit.

while were on the subject of "almost" tickets.. i got nabbed at 172 in a 55 in Va Beach... thank god for military ID!

Like I said before, just because the car CAN be driven that fast doesn't mean that it SHOULD be. I rarely ever see 911s driving over 100 on the roads here, b/c the driver knows the car is bad *** and doesn't have to prove anything. It's like Karate you know how to whoop peoples asses but you are happy knowing that and not doing it. And that military ID isn't going to do anything for you when you crash.

Old 05-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by rAizE2k
How can you detect a radar detector? It doesn't emitt anything.
Actually it does. It internally generates a frequency to be "mixed" with the incoming radar transmissions to produce a lower frequency signal to process.

It's similar in principle to the idea that one could set up on the street outside a home and deduce what channel of either AM Radio or Analog TV is being listened to or viewed.

It is a hefty fine in VA if pulled over for having a Radar Detector - even if you were not speeding. Driving with a radar detector on in the wee hours on an interstate in VA when there are not many vehicles on the road is inviting the police to pull you over and issuing a ticket!

Old 05-13-2006, 01:36 PM
I've maxed out my G more than a dozen times. It's fun =) but very frustrating.. My 5th maxes out 150mph, but it cuts off the limiter at 160

Last edited by PaKmaN; 05-13-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:54 PM
<--12 More Years

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PaKmaN
I've maxed out my G more than a dozen times. It's fun =) but very frustrating.. My 5th maxes out 150mph, but it cuts off the limiter at 160

Did you mean your 6th? Mine 5th tops out right around 120.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Holy ****! hes from OKlahoma!!!! My BF knew him!! hahahahahahahha!!!!!!!! Small *** world!!!!

Old 05-13-2006, 03:01 PM
THE BATMOBILE
thats pretty fcked up...........yes hes an idiot, but i think we have all hit those speeds before.........i got clocked doin 110 on a I95

Old 05-13-2006, 05:05 PM
dont u get arressted if ur clocked over 90mph

i street raced over 120mph lol

Old 05-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by shirog35
Wow....I went 125 in my old 96 prelude before.
Back then I was 17 and stupid.....I would NEVER do that again....

i hit 144 in on the gsp in jersey in my 90 eclipse gsx. like you, i was young and dumb at the time. i would never do it again.

Old 05-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Since I've become an "old timer" I don't go much faster than 85 in my G35. However, at 19 in 1969 I redlined my friend's new 69 Baracuda 383 at 136MPH and blew out the rear redwall fiberglass tire. When I came to a stop, there was no tire, just a burning rim. I never sped since.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by BlackG35th
Jersey-G i think were agreeing there is a fine line between fun and reckless and each person has there own perception of that, and btw my previous comments werent just targeting you.

Hmmm.... your judging me when i said dont be so quick to judge. Your trying to exclude me from the other ppl on this board. Dont speak for the whole board when you say " I have a feeling a lot more of us are mature enough to keep it off the streets". I think it is 100% impossible for you not to have violated any posted speed limits. Im not saying you go do 60mph in a 25mph..... but dont be a hypocrite. (not flaming anyone for this) but ppl on this very thread have admited to speeding so why dont you and the other "mature" people (because obviously i am not bc i have gone 60 in a 55) keep beliving that your not a hypocrite.

Ughhh and to think my original post was to address the drivers ability and compitence to make smart decisions, and maybe raise an discussion about... is it really the speed that is the reason that so many people die of accidents? bc if thats the point then why does the autobahn have one of the lower fatality rates compared to american highways?
Haha, I love how some people get so hostile. I love checking out these boards after a long day in an office in front of a computer.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by BlackG35th
is it really the speed that is the reason that so many people die of accidents? bc if thats the point then why does the autobahn have one of the lower fatality rates compared to american highways?
I think the major difference is that our driving tests fail in comparison to those in Germany. Just look around, people will change lanes without looking, merge into traffic going 20+ slower than the posted speed limit. My driving test was a joke, I took the car around the block. But hey, at least I had to do that, I hear Rhode Islanders get their licenses from cracker jack boxes...

Old 05-14-2006, 02:26 AM
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/25045-g35c-6mt-vs-911-a.html he's not the first to use the GW to test his car but you have to be brave to mess with the CIA's board night shift potrol up by 123 where he got pulled over

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 clocked at 126mph on GW Parkway DAMN!