G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Test drive experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test drive experience

Hey all, new member here, big fan of the G, tested out the G on the road today. The salesman was very cool, he gets in shotty, starts crankin the radio and is like alright now dont be driving this like its your mothers car, turn her loose! I was saying to myself oh perfect thats exactly what i planned to do anyway, lol.

So we hit the road and wow i was so impressed, let me just say i love the exhaust, at the light i threw it in neutral and was revin it up lol thats how much i loved it.

So just before we headed back to the dealer i really wanted to test out her cornering capabilities so as i was approaching a 90 degree left turn i stepped on it about 3/4 throttle down and cut the wheel. Wheels spin and the *** kicks out a lil (vdc was off) and the salesman is like dude there was a cop behind you, im like no way!!! and hes like yeah i thought you saw him hes probably gonna pull you over and he starts laughing, and im like oh s&%t. But the cop was mad cool he pulls along side and says hey guy if your looking to buy a car and gonna be driving like that maybe you should check out a volkswagon or something then hes like if you wanna do stuff like that take it on the highway.

So anyway i like what i see and i'll be getting a G of my own within a couple of months. The brakes were sooooo sensitive damn i probably gave the sales guy motion sickness or something, throughout the whole test drive i couldnt get the hang of the brakes (regular ones not the Brembo's)

Old 09-18-2003, 02:46 AM
Re: Test drive experience

LMAO. cool cop definitely. I just bought my G tonight. Definitely has sensitive brakes and will take some getting used to.

04 Sedan. Black W/ Willow. Premium, Navigation, Sport Tuned. Brand Spankin New.

Old 09-18-2003, 07:48 AM

My salesman let my punch the car as well. I bet they are trained on rollercoasters to allow peepz to truelly test drive these cars without getting motion sickness.

Old 09-18-2003, 08:30 AM

when i did test drives, coupe and sedan, they didn't have any 6mtC's so i tested AT which dont' have Brembo's.

got my car yesterday. no problem with the brakes or getting used to the MT.

had two minor getting used to incedents.
1. when i tried putting it in reverse, it didn't happen at first, i was in 6th, but didn't stall.
2. while driving in a development and rolling through a stop sign, i was in 3rd, and the tranny didn't like going that slow.

aside from that, i'm smiling.

Old 09-18-2003, 11:25 AM

the salesman didn't go with me when i test drove. just gave me the keys and said have a good time. i'm always uncomfortable when they ride with me.

Old 09-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Alumni****

yeah.. when i did my test drive, i took the car up to 100.. the saleswoman was like gripping on for dear life.. :P but i did give her a heads up..

in regards to the brakes, man, i prolly did make her a dizzy.. it wuz so sensitive the first time i drove it, i kept joltin.. but i'm so used to it now..

Old 09-18-2003, 01:54 PM

Just a few months ago i test drove a black G35 coupe on aftermarket 19's. The salesman came along and he instructed me to head in the direction of the big empty parking lot.... i noticed no cars and only a few light posts. Basically the parking lot was wide open....so i came to a stop and he said lets switch so he could show me something. I agreed and he floored it off the line and then told me to hold on for dear life. Before i knew it he jerked the steering wheel and we where doin 360's in the parking lot. Yippeeee! One right after the other and the smoke from the tires was blinding our vision. He soon came to a stop and said that was without VDC and then he turned it on and boy did that G hold snug to the ground. After a few more 360's he let me drive the car again and told me to do a few. i was a bit hesitant, but I couldn't resist. Holy S#!% that was fun and this was just the test drive. I have never been on such an awesome drive in my life. The salesman said he normally doesn't do that with people he just saw I was eager to see how the car can perform. I was exhilirated when we pulled back into the dealership and having been daydreaming about that experience ever since. I have to give major props to the salesman and he truly sold me on the car. I wonder who bought that car and if they know there car got ripped on before they bought it??!! Forget driving like a grandma this car is badass!!!

Old 09-18-2003, 01:55 PM

Yeah, same here...my salesman threw me the keys and said "have fun". He said "I'll see you in 10-15 minutes". YEAH RIGHT. Twice I went by the dealer in the g coupe and just could not bring myself to turn in!
40 minutes later....

Old 09-18-2003, 04:38 PM

Hey i used to own a AT coupe, with out the Brembos, I knoticed that the breaks are SUPER touchy...when i took my lil' bro for the ride... i broke to hard, and he flew out the windshield!! Nah that didnt happen, when i broke he smacked his forehead on the dash and shot blood every where....nah that didnt happen either...but they are really really sensitive! but the brembos arent...that was wierd cuz i thought it should have been oppisite...but you'll just end up getting use to them...and why don't i ever get caught by a cool cop!?!?!?

Old 09-18-2003, 06:47 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Is it just me, or do the brakes loosen up after a few hundred miles? Because when I first got my car, I also remember them being really sensitive. But now I feel like they have a much better, more progressive feel to them. Is it that I just got used to them or did they really loosen up (because your brakes have to break-in as well)??

<hr></blockquote>

I haven't noticed any difference in my brakes since the car was new, but I've never found them to be too "grabby" at any other than very low speeds. At 3500 miles they still are. The clutch on the other hand does seem to have loosened up a bit, and got a bit easier to modulate after around 3000 miles.