G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

"I challenge you to find ANY other Make/Model of car that has this kind of negative response to the seating."

Ford Thunderbird. Check out the Jan '04 Motor Trend 1 year wrapup on it. They were complaining that the seats would cause numbness on long drives...

I'm sure other cars have similar complaints - it's just as G enthusiasts we are more inclined to notice these things.

Old 03-07-2004, 10:51 PM

"I hate to tell you but that poll is not statistically acurate those who are unhappy are much more likely to vote"

I find this simply hilarious alderran, as YOU are the one who designed AND posted the seat poll!!! Now that it shows considerable dissatisfaction with the seats you declare the results invalid!?!? WTF was the point in ever posting the poll in the first place then?!?!?! This is the type of thing that pisses off me and other peeps suffering from this problem. By your parameters, ALL comparative polls are worthless because those who are displeased will respond in disproportionate numbers. I only wish you "other" guys would have to deal with this problem for a month or two, maybe then you would understand. It sucks, and some of you guys ain't helpin"!

As far as support goes, think about this. I have 25,000mi. and counting on my brakes with no problems, yet you didn't find me posting negative comments about those people who did suffer early wear, even though it is HIGHLY likely that driving style has MUCH to do with how fast people are wearing brakes out. I either passed those threads by or offered my condolences/concern in several different forums. In those threads that asked, I offered my mileage and wear, without minimizing the problems others were having with THEIR brakes. I was and am MOST pleased that Infiniti stepped up and addressed the brake wear problem with an extended warranty, despite the fact that driving style is/was a very possible factor in many of the early failures.

With the seat issue there is NO chance that owner misuse is a contributing factor - we are SIMPLY sitting in the seats!! That is what they are designed for! They HURT us!! We want Infiniti to FIX them!! Please, how about some support from you lucky ones who Don't have the problem!

You will have to forgive my lack of humor about the situation tonight, as my right hip is killing me after approx. 120 total miles today in these excreable seats.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by GeeSpot on 03/07/04 07:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 03-07-2004, 11:33 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I wanted to put my 2 cents in. At first my seat felt great for the first 4 months. Then the next 2 months I felt like I was needing to adjust myself in my seat a little more frequently. I never looked at these posts as a serious concern. That all changed 3 weeks ago when I needed to make 2 trips from Arizona to California. My first real road trip. Well after these 2 trips, I have to say that I have never had such pain in my right leg as I do now. And yes I do attribute this to where my leg rests, which is on the ledge of the seat. Someone PM me as to what I should do? Take it to the shop, or call Consumer Affairs, or Customer Service? Some advice would be appreciated, however, the advice of taking to the dealer so that they can add more padding, keep it to yourself, I don't really see that working, after all that will just raise that ledge even more, which I don't need. Thanks everyone.

Old 03-08-2004, 12:05 AM

Yes, by all means you should call Infiniti and put in a complaint. You want this to be on your record and you want them to know that there is a problem. I recall that someone in this thread took their seat to a shop and had the seat cushion raised a little and the controls dropped a little for a few hundred dollars. I think it was in Camarillo, CA. Others have also purchased a cushion of some sort to raise them a little or to but inbetween their thigh and the controls. Hope this helps!

ETicketRide
2003 G35 Sedan/Ivory Pearl/Willow Premium/Sport/Tint

Old 03-08-2004, 08:49 AM

alderran, you're right, I don't own the board and wouldn't want to. But, if you read this post there are a number of owners who posted that they are not having problems. What I asked is for you to stop posting that you're not having problems. Yeah, that's great and all, but this thread is asking for help on how to resolve the pain the seat creates for some of us. What does the continuous posting of "I'm not having problems" offer to those of us who need a solution? NOTHING. It would be much more helpful if you offer a solution, and not to buy an Intrepid, or provide some support with pushing Infiniti to correct the problem. Would Infiniti have fixed the numerous creaks and rattles, grease streaked windows, seat rocking, etc., etc. problems if people were just sitting back and not complaining about them? How many of the TSB's have you had done on your G?

A person should not write off the G solely on this thread, but they will be able to make a better informed decision on whether or not to buy the car. How does it hurt you if a person doesn't buy the car based on this thread anyway? In reality the percentage of potential buyers reading this forum when considering their purchase is probably low.

Old 03-08-2004, 09:21 AM

Well someone did write it off because of this thread ... and to the other guy my saying I am comfortable in this car is not a negative comment... it's a "POSITIVE" comment. If you don't like it too bad.

If I were to ever to come onto this board and read this thread I would think everyone is having a problem with the seats in this car. If you want to bitch to Infiniti... then call them on the phone and bitch... I don't know why you have to bitch here. What makes you think they even read this board.

And btw if the point is to have a place to wite up procedures on how to modify the seats this isn't even the right forum for that. It should go over in the FAQ section.

You have no right to tell me where and when and how I can post. So stop doing it.

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages

Old 03-08-2004, 10:20 AM

Ok, man, I give up trying to rationalize with you.

This reminds me of that saying - arguing over the internet is like participating in the special olympics. Whether you win or lose you're still a .......

Enjoy your car. Oh, and I didn't just call you a retard, even though you'll surely take it that way.

Old 03-08-2004, 03:07 PM

alderran: chill out and stop reading this post if you have a problem with it.
Forums such as these are the perfect place to discuss problems, as well as success stories about our cars. Where else can we all share experiences, ideas and hopefully solutions to issues we are having? And if Infiniti catches this and it causes them to re-think their design, more power to us!
I don't think there is anything wrong with a potential buyer getting all kinds of information about a possible new car purchase, whether it be positive or negative. I know I researched my car purchase for over TWO years before making the leap, and I am sure MANY other people do the same. Our car is not perfect, as no car is, and if you have a problem with us talking about those imperfections, go pout somewhere else. This seat issue is just one of many problems I have been dealing with since I bought my G. I am still here and still loyal to Nissan, even though I get pretty pissed off at times.
This seat design is just wrong and Infiniti should fix it, bottom line.

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

Old 03-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you all dismissing my everyone email them everyday idea?

Didn't you all see the movie Shawshank Redemption? He wrote the state for funds to improve the prision, sent a letter every week and finally got money. Only took 6 years...

I'm emailing everyday till I get a new seat, one that won't hurt my ***, I need a new seat!

Mize
Silver 03 6 Speed Sedan/Willow/Premium

Old 03-08-2004, 05:42 PM

If you havent already...

Take your car into the dealership and bitch to holy hell - tell them your want them to open a technical service ticket with Inifinti help line (the help line for dealers) AND to have an Infiniti rep come out to your car. Get your ticket number for incident and then call Consumer Affairs and give them your ticket number, they will give you a new one that is from them.

I have gotten alot more attention from this method then spamming some "service@infiniti.com" address. They havent done squat yet, but they arent hiding from me either.

Worth

2004 AT DG/Sport/Flaps/Premium/max tint/Bose/CAI Injen/6 wire ground kit/Custom ECU
next mod: Zaino baby

Old 03-08-2004, 05:51 PM

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have decided not to purchase the G35X because of the seat issue. I was so close to making the deal but this thread scared me too much. The G35X is not cheap and if I’m going to spend that much on a car I sure want to have comfortable seats.

I’m going to hold off until the 2005 models come out and then I will seriously look at the BMW330xi and the G35X. I’m still sold on the G35 so I’m hoping the seat issue will be resolved.

I can really feel for the people that are experiencing problems and I hope Infiniti does the right thing.

Old 03-08-2004, 07:06 PM

There is nothing wrong with your decision to wait.
I am also hoping the 2005 model corrects the seat issue as well as some of the other problems I have experienced.
I would have never felt the seat problem on a couple of test drives-even long ones BTW.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:04 PM

I am the guy who had his seat (04 G35 coupe) modified at Aviation Design, Camarillo, CA. I have a long post earlier in this thread about it. They moved the seat control box about an inch toward the floor, built up the seat bottom, and removed padding from the right bolster. I've put about 300 miles on the car since, and I don't even think about the seat anymore. Before the mod 15 min was all I could stand.

Old 03-09-2004, 03:41 PM

That may be the way to go if Inifniti does not modify the seat in '05.

Old 03-09-2004, 03:56 PM

G35xawd, I hope you go to an Infiniti dealer and let them know why you're not buying right now. The more they hear, hopefully, the more the message will get through to Infiniti.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!