G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

I am experiencing severe pain in my right thigh, right where it meets the hard ridge surrounding the drivers seat controls. I have had it to the dealer and they performed the TSB. I took it back with the same complaint and the dealer told me to call consumer affairs. I called about 8 weeks ago and consumer affairs indicated that there is nothing they can do, after getting advisement from an engineer. Today I called back to file another complaint and I get some story that they want to check with the dealer where I bought the car to see if there is some field modification they are unaware of. I told consumer affairs that it was the dealer who advised me to call them in the first place, since the dealer was not authorized to make any repairs not blessed by consumer affairs. I have read where others have the same complaint on this site. Can anyone tell me if they have found some resolution to this very painful problem? I am considering selling the car, but I hate to since I really like everything else about it.

Old 09-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Re: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

didnt you sit the car before you bought it? How big are you btw

Back in Black

Old 09-22-2003, 09:24 PM

I had that pain on and off, but today for some reason it was really bad. I had to remove my wallet from my right pocket. Once I did that it felt much better. Do you carry your wallet on your right side? Maybe move it over to the left cheek or remove it before you enter.

I suppose after time it wears a little, especially if you have a desk.

Old 09-22-2003, 10:41 PM

g35mark,
I have had almost the same exact experiance with the dealer and consumer affairs. Very frustrated. I get a dull pain after about 10 minutes, which is just longer than my test drive. I have given up because I am very busy and I like the rest of the car that much. Definitley a bunch skinny-axx engineers....

Old 09-23-2003, 12:09 AM

I doubt a lawsuit will get you very far... unless you can prove the car has caused your condition and it wasn't pre-existing. I mean, what can you reasonably expect them to do to fix your pain? I guess you could probably sue for a refund on the car, at market value. Other than that, I dont know... It's not like the can be expected to design a seat special for you.

2003 G35 BS Sedan AT - St. Louis, MO
Premium, Winter, Xenon
35% Tint All Around - Clear Side Markers
Custom MB Quart / Eclipse Stereo System
PIAA Hyperwhites All Around & Inside

Old 09-23-2003, 10:25 AM

Same problem for me. Not as bothersome now (after 1 year), but I still feel it from time to time. It seems to be worse when I wear shorts...Maybe place a neoprene pad between your leg and the seat controls. I have not tried it yet. If you find a solution, let us know...Yes, I have complained too....

ETicketRide
2003 G35 Sedan/Ivory Pearl/Willow Premium/Sport/Tint

Old 09-23-2003, 01:30 PM

Never noticed any problem at all I find the seats to be very comfortable

Just out of curiosity what do they do for the TSB related to this?

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages

Old 09-23-2003, 06:45 PM

I am starting to have the problem. It seems to vary day to day.

During the first three months, no problem whatsoever.
Once the seats have settled in though, seating position is much more critical.

I have to take my wallet out now... didn't have to at first.

Even with adj. seats (leather, premium) it's hard to get comfortable in the thigh area now.

Class action anyone??

Old 09-23-2003, 10:39 PM

Is this primarily with the coupe, or do sedan owners have these problems as well?

Old 09-23-2003, 11:21 PM

I have had a stiffness on the right side of my right thigh, about 3" up from the knee when bent. It only happens from time to timeI was contributing this to the seat being new though. It also sometimes it feels that my right knee is a bit higher than my left. Could just be how I am sitting at that particular time though.

2003.5 G35S AT DP/G Areo/Nav/Premium/Sport//Winter

Old 09-23-2003, 11:26 PM

Same problem with my Sedan. The TSB that inserts padding over the plastic seat control edge does not help the fact that this is poorly placed. If anything, its just a tad worse as the padding pushes the bolster harder against your leg.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:03 AM

I know the idea of the seat controls on the sides of the seat is a nifty idea, but in practice I still prefer them to be on the sides of the seats, or at maybe on the door a la Mercedes style.

Old 09-24-2003, 03:42 PM

I have had plenty of issues with my seat shifting, but this is the first time I have heard about this problem.
When did this TSB surface? Do you think the pain is caused from the controls or the bolster around it?
I am really disappointed to hear about his one.

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

Old 09-24-2003, 10:05 PM

I have not disassembled the seat, yet! I believe the problem is with the switch mount or whatever bracket it is connected to.

Old 09-25-2003, 12:14 AM

The TSB has been out for a while, at least on the sedan. The tech. said this is common, and the seat frame that surrounds the seat control is the problem. I knew the seat control was the cause, digging into my leg, and thought they could just detach and move out. Not possible as the seat frame itself is part of the problem.

Its just so difficult to follow the logic on the TSB. They have a problem with the seat control pushing the bolster into peoples thighs, and they come up with the idea of just putting more padding on the offending plactic seat control part, making it push the bolster out slightly farther????? I asked the dealer and Infiniti to make a small modification to the frame -- just bend out and move the control a half inch out. Wouldn't do though, as they are tampering with the structural integretity of a safety item.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!