G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Perhaps it is the wallet thing? In my last car, I used get that with the wallet in my pocket and slow traffic. I took the wallet out and it was ok.

Another thing to try might be to put some padding on the seat and see if that helps

Old 10-12-2003, 07:00 AM

Seat controls simply don't belong where your leg rests.

HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels

Old 10-12-2003, 10:49 AM

I took my car in to have the TSB done on the drivers seat and the dealership said there wasn't anything they could do and that the seat was ergonomically correct. Yeah, right. I have found that with the back of the seat set to the lowest point, the front all the way up and the seat closer to the steering wheel it's not as uncomfortable. I still need to do something about it though. Rather than going the massager route would it be possible to pull the seat apart and add more padding along where you sit between the bolsters without losing the heated seat benefit?

I've tried to see if there is a good location to relocate the controls in the door or somewhere else, but there is none. There's not even enough room between the side of the seat and the door. Explains why they put the controls onthe seat rather than somewhere else. It was probably one of the last things hthey designed.

Old 10-12-2003, 10:49 PM

i never thought about my leg being that sore until i read everyone's posts!

03.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Brilliant Silver / Black Leather
Premium / Sport / Xenon / 28% Tint All

Old 10-13-2003, 02:31 AM

"I've tried to see if there is a good location to relocate the controls in the door or somewhere else, but there is none."

I think the lower seatfront might be a suitable location, that is if the wiring harness for the controls is long enough to allow re-routing in such a way as to avoid the seat movement mechanisms. It looks like the controls could be screwed/mounted to the hard plastic on the lower seatfront area. Just a thought.

Since I have gained a measure of relief from the TSB I am reluctant to jump on this mod myself. I am still holding out a faint hope that Infiniti may come up with something better.....

GeeSpot

Old 11-15-2003, 10:45 AM

Here is an update since my original post:
The procedure I performed did not provide 100% relief. The sharp pains diminished, but the same problem persists. I have considered moving the seat control towards the front of the seat. However, if moved there will be an area of the seat that still has the cut out for the seat control visible on the right hand side. I have visited a local upholstery shop and they indicated that they could make my seat look symmetrical by sewing in a new piece of leather. The problem is that they cannot obtain the leather from Infiniti. So I have placed a call to my Infiniti service advisor about two weeks ago requesting that they provide me a piece of leather. To date they have not returned my call. My recent solution ($4 at Target) was to purchase a pillow, which was designed for a wooden kitchen chair, and sit on it. It has helped, as my leg is now higher than the switch control. It looks like crap, but at least I now have some relief. I am still keeping pressure on my Dealer and Consumer Affairs. I suggest that everyone do the same and maybe Infiniti will address the problem.

Old 11-15-2003, 05:54 PM

Given my experience, I'd agree with your thesis. I've had my G for about 18 months now. For about the first 15 months, no real issues, even after about 6 hours in the car. Now, even after the TSB, the seat is uncomfortable after about 30 minutes.

Old 02-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just joined the forum, glad I'm not the only one that hates the seats. I'm 6 3, 205 and the seat started bothering me about 30 min into the 45 min drive home from the dealer. It's been bugging me ever since, a real pain in the *** (pun intended).

I guess I'll start a dialogue with the dealer and see how far I get, I'll mention the TSB and see if they'll do it and go from there...

Old 02-03-2004, 02:35 PM

I'm a little heavy then you 5'8" 185lbs, as long as I remember to remove my big fat wallet and keep my knee away from resting on the door. I'm perfectly comfortable in there. As the matter of fact, I already took my 3 month old G35s for 4 trips down to VEGAs now.

~ GT-R the Ultimate Driving Machine ~
- 2004 G35 Ivory Pearl/Black Leather
- Auto/Nav/Premium/Sports/Aero
- 6 wire grounding kit

Old 02-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry, but I have been driving my G35 for almost 4 months now, and I have no problem with the seat, I find it comfortable, much more so than my previous car, after reading an earlier thread about this, right after I purchased my car, I kept looking for it to get uncomfortable, hasn't yet, and I doubt it will, and I need a comfortable seat, I have a bad leg, but so far, I find it just fine to me! I just want to make sure someone sees the other side of the coin here!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 02-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Banned

What do you thing about relocating the controls to the front of the seat?

Seems like a good place, the trick would be to get the leather and fill in the void properly where the controls were

Old 02-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Banned

doh! just read post that someone else had the lower front of the seat idea...

Old 02-10-2004, 10:06 AM

I am thinking about getting the 6MT. Is this seat problem with both the autos and the 6MTs? I heard the seats were different.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:28 PM

I don't know - I haven't been inside a 6MT sedan.....I rather doubt the seats are different though, but I could be wrong. Why don't you check it out at the Dealership and let us know for sure?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!