G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

You may or may not be right him ABQ, but from personal experience I have thought VERY SERIOUSLY about trading or selling my sedan. The seat pain is a huge deal if you are one of those unfortunate enough to experience it.

One of the few things that has kept me hanging in there is that I really expect Infiniti to step up and do the right thing about this. The other is that there is NOTHING else out there in the $30-35,000 price range that really interests me. The 350z is just plain impracticle and has an awful ride, the RX-8 is underpowered and Mazda has a pretty poor customer service rep. I don't want a BMW 325, I don't want any Acura as I had terrible experiences with them shopping the CL-S prior to buying my G35, the IS 300 is undersized and underpowered and the new Solara in addition to not looking so swift, is FWD and somewhat underpowered.

I have considered just selling my G outright and returning my 1994 Taurus to daily driver duty until something better comes along. I now use it mostly for bad weather driving. I hope the other guy enjoys his TL. At least his right hip and thigh won't be hurting!

Old 02-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GeeSpot,
But, I think if you had better luck with the seat, you basically like the car, right? I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with the seat comfort thing, I can imagine, I have had no trouble with my G, but have had vehicles in the past that were, my '97 F-150 Lariat, I always felt like I was going to slide off the seat, good thing it had doors, LOL! And my '00 Mustang GT, I was semi uncomfortable in that, I have an artificial right lower leg! This guy has to be losing a lot in that short time, oh well!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 02-21-2004, 09:27 PM

Oh man the second you drive it off the lot thousands are gone... But hey if you don't like it then that is the thing to do. I didn't like my Dodge Intrepid and got hosed trading it in ... but hey I didn't like it and that's life no car is going to be perfect for everyone

For you guys with the seat problems you might want to consider an Intrepid because that my friend is one comfortable car... the seats are like sitting at home on your couch and the ride smooth as silk.

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages

Old 02-21-2004, 09:32 PM

Alderran,
LOL, that reminded me of a sales manager at my work, they gave him a Lincoln Town Car, he said it was like "driving my couch", hope he never fell asleep! And as far as trading right away, that's how people get themselves in trouble, financially, sometimes, seen too much of that! I have had a vehicle or two that I thought "why the hell did I buy this?" But after driving it for 6 months or so, I was fine with it.

Old 02-21-2004, 11:00 PM

Dang, alderran. When will you get it? Did driving your Intrepid cause you physical pain? What didn't you like about the car? The only thing that I agree with you on is the fact that no car will ever be perfect for everyone. Personally, I don't like the fact that the damn rear-view mirror is directly in my line of sight in my G. Would I sell/trade it for that reason? Hell no. It's something that I can put up with.

Would I sell/trade my car if Infiniti doesn't fix this problem? Yes.

Tell you what dude. Tape a six inch 2X2 on your right leg positioned between your leg and the controls and take an hour drive in your G. Tell me how that feels. Now, would you do that every time you drive your car? Probably not. That's how those of us that experience the pain feel EVERY time we drive the car. Get it yet, alderran?

Old 02-22-2004, 12:16 AM

Hey, please chill out HydroPnik, he just stated that the Intrepid had a comfortable seat, it didn't sound like he was bad mouthing anyone!

Old 02-22-2004, 01:48 AM

"Hey, please chill out HydroPnik, he just stated that the Intrepid had a comfortable seat, it didn't sound like he was bad mouthing anyone!"

I hear you ABQ, but no offense to anyone, I never even considered a car like an Intrepid or Taurus this time around. I was going for a little more flash and a lot more performance. I think those of us who are suffering thru this problem do get a little touchy at times when people who are Not having the problem post certain things. It is kinda like talking to a friend who's wife is cheating on him and saying, "Boy am I glad My wife is faithful!" It may be true, but it ain't helping Me any! ; )

We are pissed (and rightly so) that we have dropped $30-35 large for a car that hurts like hell when we drive it. What makes it sooooo bad is that the problem isn't apparent on the shorter drives that most people take when test driving a car. I must state again, that I have NEVER had ANY trouble from ANY other car seat in my entire life - so it is definitely the seat - not me! The polls currently indicate that almost 30% of the respondents find the seats uncomfortable or worse, and 30% more find them merely okay. I realize these numbers are subject to change, but so far it is actually affecting More people that I had expected.

Let me state again also, I am MOST pleased for the folks who Don't have this problem, as it sure is a bitch when you do.

Peace....GeeSpot

Old 02-22-2004, 08:26 AM

The brakes were terrible ... I mean aweful (60-0 specs were 164ft which is 25 ft worse than a Chevy Tahoe). On the test drive I wish I had slammed on the brakes but I didn't

I almost crashed the car a bunch of times when traffic would stop short in front of me. It also had http://www.unsafebelts.com/

I kind of felt like my life was in danger which to me is worse than a sore right leg... So I got rid of it.

I think Infiniti should move the controls on the 05 model because I also don't like it. Not that it hurts me or anything but I would prefer them hidden on the side of the seat.

Then they could offer you a new seat... What should they do now? Design a special seat for you guys then mass produce a couple of hundred of them. I really don't see what they can do for you.

But if I were you I wouldn't make it my lifes mission just get rid of the car and move on... why don't you sue for your money back. Sounds to me like you got a case.

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by alderran on 02/22/04 05:27 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-22-2004, 10:18 AM

The point that I was trying to get across is that the fact that I'm considering dumping my car is not due to a fact that I don't "like" some aspect of the car. Thanks for articulating it so well GeeSpot. As I stated in the Poll thread to alderran this has nothing to do with vanity.

I suspect the problem that some of us are having is that the seat controls are irritating the nerve bundle that runs down the outside of your thigh. If subjected to this irritation for along enough time I become concerned of the long-term effects. Right now I do have a dull pain in that area all of the time. Just as alderran was concerned with his physical well-being, I too am concerned about this IF I continue driving the G.

Old 02-22-2004, 01:10 PM

And my point is that Infiniti can either buy your car back or they could redesign the seat for the production model and give you one of those. They aren't going to design a special seat just for you...

Just go get a lawyer if they won't give you your money back there is no point to complaining about it here.

Old 02-22-2004, 01:51 PM

Actually there is a point to discussing this issue on a public forum such as this. I am surprised to find that 30% of drivers are having problems with the seat. If everyone just bit their lip and took the loss buy selling/trading the car Infiniti might never step up and fix the problem. Nor would they design a special seat just for me, but when there is a discussion in a public forum and others realize they aren't the only one's experiencing the problem Infiniti might fix it.

I am not about to spend more cash on this car to hire a lawyer to go after the "big guy". I would end up wasting my money because big companies have a team of attorneys for this exact reason. Why not use this public forum to raise the awareness? It's free and it may have a bigger impact the Infiniti's bottom line if more people are aware of the potential problem.

You know there is no point of doing? Continuing to say that you aren't having the problem. That does nothing for those of us that are.

Old 02-22-2004, 02:41 PM

I also don't like the placement of the seat controls and am kind of surprised they didn't move them for the 04 model. They should move them and include the side mirrors in the memory settings. Not that I would buy another G35... don't get me wrong I love the car but I like a little variety in my life.

In fact I am thinking of giving this car to my wife next year and getting something smaller for myself. If I can swing it I'd love to get a Merc SLK... I know it's not fast but it's such a cool convertible

Old 02-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Premier Member

I drive 100 miles a day, and have 0 problems with my seat bothering me. I dunno why you guys are complaining so much about the seat.

Old 02-22-2004, 03:19 PM

Yeah, good point. Since it's not bothering you I'll change my mind. Now I can move one. Thanks for helping out.

Old 02-22-2004, 06:25 PM

For those of you without seat issues, just be thankful you are not experiencing them and show a little support for those that do.
I do not have numbness or real leg pain, but I definitely notice the metal plate and feel uncomfortable at times. Sometimes, I don't even think about it, other times, I feel like I am sitting "off-kilter" (because we are) and it is really annoying.
Good luck getting Infiniti to buy back, or really solve the issue. I went that route with the laundry list of issues I have and they sent me a polite letter basically telling me I am out of luck.
I am one of those G owners considering getting rid of my baby, because the poor driving experience I am having, as well as my peace of mind, is worth it to me. And the TL is looking damn good.

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!