G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

The vast majority of people have no problem with the seats in this car. I find the seats to be very comfortable myself and highly recommend this car. It's your call but if you are not a big sized guy I really wouldn't worry about it.

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages

Old 03-06-2004, 09:55 PM

Hi, no disrespect, but you should thoroughly read this thread, as many people who are not considered "big" have the discomfort. For example, I am 5'10", weigh 170lbs and have a waist of 34" and I have extreme discomfort in my right thigh from the drivers seat. It is very clear that this issue affects a very small % of drivers. However; I can tell you from experience that if this issue happens to affect you the experience is absolute misery.

Old 03-07-2004, 12:43 AM

To say that the vast majority find no problems with these seats is terribly inaccurate. Further, to state that this issue affects a very small % of drivers is way off the mark, Mark. : )

Using the numbers from the seat poll on this forum, out of 107 total responses to date only 40% found the seats "Very Comfortable", while 30% of respondents found the seats to be "Uncomfortable" or much worse! These are pretty LOUSY numbers for a supposed "Luxury" Sports Sedan or Coupe! I consider VERY comfortable seats a MUST for "luxury". To put it another way, 60% found the seats merely "Okay" or worse. Below is an exact breakdown of the numbers from the poll.

Very Comfortable....................................43 = 40%

Okay.............................................. ........32 = 30%

Not Comfortable but bearable...................19 = 18%

Infiniti buy the car back I can't take it.......13 = 12%

Pretty damning testimony in my book!!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by GeeSpot on 03/06/04 09:46 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 03-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give me a break, you must work in advertising, you have a way of making those numbers work for your purpose!!! I read the "okay" as they are okay, not barely comfortable, therefore it's more like 70% find the seat okay or better, OKAY doesn't mean they are not comfortable! Or perhaps you could get a job in TV News!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 03-07-2004, 10:27 AM

I have to ask, alderran. Why continue posting to this thread with the fact that you are not having a problem? If a person reads the whole thread they will see that even those who are having the problem clearly state that it does not affect everyone. Hopefully this thread will allow a person to make an informed decision on whether or not to buy a G, not completely deter them without trying it out themselves.

Those of us who are having the problem want Infiniti to step up to the plate and fix the seat. I, too, highly recommend the car but only after making sure there isn't a problem with the seat. But, if Infiniti does not correct this obvious blunder in the design of the seat for those of us who shelled out 35 large I WILL never buy another Nissan or Infiniti product. Personally this is the 4th Nissan product that I have purchased and my parents have purchased 5 or more in addition. Nissan will lose both of us as loyal consumers.

So, I respectfully request that you stop posting you have no problems with the seat. HEY EVERYONE - ALDERRAN HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH HIS SEATS! How's that for support?

Old 03-07-2004, 12:58 PM

Frankly, you must work for Infiniti (j/k). First off, the poll was designed by another person who likes the seats - Not me. Second, the best definition that fits the usage of "Okay" in the context of this poll is as follows(from Dictionary.com) - Not excellent and not poor; mediocre. I never said that "Okay = barely comfortable, you did. It means (mediocre), less than expected for a car of this class and cost. I stand by my analysis that 60% find the seats MERELY "Okay" or worse. I am using the numbers - not a PITA attitude or feeling about all this, no pun intended.

Further, ABQ, even if we decide to "have it your way" - that "Okay" IS acceptable in a car of this class and cost, you are ignoring that this STILL leaves 30% who find these seats either "Not Comfortable but bearable" or so bad that they chose (barring a real solution) "Infiniti buy the car back I can't take it" ! This 30% alone is an abysmal number to have such a strong negative reaction to the driver seating surface. And remember, we are all people who have shelled out hard earned money for these cars, and the vast majority of us OTHERWISE like the car tremendously. We are not flaming the G35, though several people on this forum seem to take ANY criticism of the car in that vein.

Just for fun, lets take it down one more notch. Perhaps only the most negative response qualifys in your mind that there is displeasure with the seats. That still leaves 12% who find the seats simply TERRIBLE.

I challenge you to find ANY other Make/Model of car that has this kind of negative response to the seating. I don't believe you will, because this is the most ill-conceived seat design I have encountered in my 44 years of life! Add to that the other 18% who find the seats"Not Comfortable" which IS the same as saying "Uncomfortable" and you have 30% who are not satisfied with the driver's seat, finding it uncomfortable or even much worse.

Old 03-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GeeSpot, No, if I worked for Infiniti, I could have gotten a better deal on my G. [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I know you aren't flaming the G35, just the seat thing. But my point with the "okay" comment was that most people wouldn't even notice a problem, unless it was the problem you are having. I am not ignoring anything, but it would be interesting to see an "owners" poll on this, the people on here are a very small portion of the total number of owners. BTW, I saw a thread on the Acura TL forum complaining about the left side on those. I also got the impression that some of the poster's here don't want the other side of the coin seen.

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 03-07-2004, 01:40 PM

These seats BLOW. I have a gel pad I sit on so my right leg doesnt go numb.

So people who dont have problems just shut up already. I will help you out when you dont like something, so why dont you get behind us and help us with this problem.

Love the G - sitting on a $50 gel pad is teh suk. First and last Nissan if I dont have a repaired seat soon.

Worth

2004 AT DG/Sport/Flaps/Premium/max tint/Bose/CAI Injen/6 wire ground kit/Custom ECU
next mod: Zaino baby

Old 03-07-2004, 07:26 PM

I hate to tell you but that poll is not statistically acurate those who are unhappy are much more likely to vote

Old 03-07-2004, 07:31 PM

the only reason I posted again was because someone was bypassing the G35 based on this thread. I thought it should be pointed out that the majority are not having a problem.

And by the way don't tell me where and when to post because I have no intention of listening to you. You don't own this board so stop acting like you do

Old 03-07-2004, 07:42 PM

I love everything else about my G. I think I would have gotten a full aero kit is the only thing I regret. I just Zaino'd it for 2 days...

If you are worried about the seat drive for an hour via a overnight borrow of a G from a dealer. If your leg isnt numb in an hour thats about all it will take to tell if its a problem.

Worth

2004 AT DG/Sport/Flaps/Premium/max tint/Bose/CAI Injen/6 wire ground kit/Custom ECU

Old 03-07-2004, 08:12 PM

Good advice... bad advice and a stupid move would be to let this thread scare you away from driving one of these cars. I futzed around looking for a car for a year... test drove so many different ones was about to buy a IS300 and then the test drive in the G35... I was behind the wheel of my own the very next week. Nothing in this class even comes close to the driving pleasure of the G35. To tell you the truth the looks are so so but the drive is fantastic IMOP

BTW as long as I can and will post anytime I like about my comfort level... just thought I'd mention we took a 2 1/2 hour ride down to conneticut last week and man what a comfortable ride... just like sitting at home on my couch

Old 03-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Premier Member

I agree. The G35 is very comfortable. I think it depends on peopels builds if it affects them or not.

Old 03-07-2004, 08:55 PM

Oh the thing I sit on now is al ittle overpriced but it kinda matches the interior and doesnt look like a bead thing or a pillow =)

I have no pain now when i sit on it...

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...cid/57/sc/2737

I ordered it in black, got it in a few days (I have black interior)

I whole heartedly recommend the G35. Just drive it for an hour straight so you can be sure if thine *** is good to go or not.

Worth

Old 03-07-2004, 09:19 PM
fnt

alderran,

You're correct about the lack of statistical validity in the seat poll; it's hardly a random sample. So let's see what the facts are:

1. Some people find the seats uncomfortable. How many is difficult to say, but I suspect that the number is not insubstantial.

2. The degree of discomfort varies. For some, it's intolerable. For others, it's bearable. (I fall in the latter group.)

3. Those that are affected have a variety of body types. Not being large is no guarantee that you won't have the problem.

I think that it's perfectly appropriate to let prospective buyers know about this so that they can test the seat thoroughly before they buy. I wish I'd had this information when I was looking in 2002. Would I have bought the G35 had I tested the seat back then? Perhaps, but I would have been a more informed shopper, and that's always a good thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!