G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Wow this is the biggest thread ever.. i remmeber when thye put it on... now theres 19 pages or 18 not sure.. and 180 posts.. thats crazy l0l.... yeah my seats are all loose , the leather n it dont feel right im gunna try to take pics..

Old 03-26-2004, 02:57 PM

This post is a long one, but definitely worthwhile!
Here is a new twist for you all.
I actually get shooting pains down my left cheek and leg from the seat. The right bolster is definitely uncomfortable, but the left side of my body is what gives me issues.
The scary thing is I drove a Lincoln LS for two days this week while my car was being worked on by an Infiniti DTS, and I had NO issues. I know a Lincoln is designed for comfort, but the fact that I had not pain at all while driving it really concerns me about my G seat. Some of the pain did come back when I got back in my car, but I tried adjusting the seat to try and alleviate it and it worked a little.
I will keep monitoring this, but what a complete crock of $hit if the design of the seat is incompatible with my body.
If so, NOW WHAT?

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

Old 03-26-2004, 05:48 PM

Thanks for your post, but I have a 1994 Ford Taurus and i can spend HOURS in that seat with NO problems.....It ain't my azz that's the problem, it's those Got Danged metal spikes and brakets that the baztards built inside my THIGH BOLSTER. Metal has NO PLACE INSIDE ANY THIGH BOLSTER ANYWHERE EVER!!! I am yelling because my dam leg is killing me right now and I am pissed.

I sent several of G35marks pictures and a long letter to Infiniti Consumer Affairs. The service rep was very nice and I believe she did everything she could, but that isn't good enough. She said she is passing my letter and pics on to a supervisor so we can escalate my complaint. The rest of you guys need to start calling and emailing at least once per week. They won't fix a problem until it IS a problem! We didn't create this problem - So let's make it a problem for Infiniti by hounding them until they fix this serious seating design flaw!

Old 03-30-2004, 04:15 PM

Hello again....a brief update. I spoke to a 1st level rep at ICA. She was very nice and did all she could and then bumped me up to the next level.......who advised me that Infiniti engineers are aware of the problem and working on a solution. I asked for this in writing including a time frame, and she said she will speak with the engineers and get back to me. I do soooooo hope this is true, otherwise I will be selling my sedan and likely be through with Infiniti forever.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:53 PM
fnt

GeeSpot,

Interesting that they say that they're working on a solution. When the '05 G35 is unveiled at the NY Auto Show in a little over a week, I'll be paying especially close attention to the seats.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:10 PM

Hey Franklin,

Please take a digicam and get some shots, would you? I am very interested to see what they have done with the controls. Danny from Grubbs Infiniti had mentioned on FreshAlloy that the controls have been changed, but he ignored my several requests as to HOW they were changed. I too am very curious about this. Hope all is well with you.

Old 03-31-2004, 09:34 PM

I'm heading out to Aviation Designs on Wednesday. I'll let you all know what happens (03 sedan AT). One would wish for $30K+ you'd get a seat that works, but if an extra $400 fixes the problem then I'm happy. I had the TSB fix applied and it helped a little: I'm still uncomfortable but the pain stops after I leave the vehical instead of lasting all day. Santa Monica Infiniti looked up the TSB when I gave them the # and gave me no hassle about it. The only other problem I've had was the "rocking" seat problem, which after 2 tries they fixed just fine. I thought about trading in for an RX8, but after riding in one decided it's too cramped (of course, I've gotten used to the sedan).

BTW, the service manager there said that every other person that comes in w/ a G has a problem w/ seat discomfort. I think he was exaggerating a bit, but you get the point (of course the other service manager said he'd never heard of the problem when I first mentioned it to him...I don't like that one).

I hope this works. Let you know....<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by mpresley on 03/31/04 07:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-01-2004, 04:43 PM

I just spoke to an ICA rep about the seat discomfort. She took some general info and told me that she would be getting back to me in a couple of days with some information....We will see....

ETicketRide
2003 G35 Sedan/Ivory Pearl/Willow Premium/Sport/Tint

Old 04-01-2004, 07:57 PM

Well guys it has been nearly 2 weeks since I pulled the seat and cut off those nasty center brackets. It was certainly worth the effort. My leg does not ache or go numb anymore and it doesn't bother to rub the lateral aspect of it either. I still have not taken a long road trip and when I do I will report back to you. Until then, I understand and appreciate your pain. Good Luck.

Old 04-01-2004, 08:15 PM

Thanks guys. Mpressley, Bonedaddy, Eticket. please keep the pressure on ICA. Please let them know you expect a real solution, not more padding or "I'm sorry" ....TWG35 can you please post pictures? How do the controls attach now. How does the seat bolster look? Thanks for your input.

Old 04-01-2004, 08:46 PM

GeeSpot: The seat bolster and controls look just the same. The control is attached by 2 screws, one at the front of the control and the other at the rear, to the 2 brackets I bent out away from the seat. I could take a picture of the finished product but it looks just like it did before I started the mod. So far this has been worth the effort I put in to it. Good Luck.

Old 04-01-2004, 10:37 PM

Hi Guys, I again removed my drivers seat and did more modifications. I performed the same mods that Bohemond had professionally done. I am quite happy with the results and will post a few pics. I will remove the seat one last time to remove a little more foam from the bolster and perhaps lower the switch bank another 1/2 to 1 inch. More significantly, I must move the switch bank closer to the seat as it rubs on the center console (I was in a hurry to complete the job). However, I can tell you that the recent seat modification has relieved 99.9 % of the pain. I spent about 10 hours in the car over the past 30 hours on a business trip and I am pain free! I truly believe that the fix is two-fold, as Bohemond had suggested. The first fix is of course was to lower the switch bank, while the second was to add a wedge shaped foam piece to the seat which allowed me to sit on the seat surface, not in it with the pressure from the bolster and switch bank digging into the thigh.

220025-side.jpg

Old 04-01-2004, 10:37 PM

Pic2

220027-top.jpg

Old 04-01-2004, 10:38 PM

Pic3

220028-Flat.jpg

Old 04-01-2004, 10:38 PM

Pic4

220029-front.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!