G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm 5'10" 185 lbs. I've only had my '05 sedan for 2 days but feel the pressure and it is obvious why. Like I said I feel pressure not pain at the point and my *ss isn't that wide so I'm sure whatever design flaw existed still does. Still a damn fine ride.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:08 AM
raj
I feel the seat issue has been a recurrent theme for two reasons, one good and one bad. The bad aspect is that some people are so uncomfortable with the seat that they are enduring unnecessary pain and suffering. While it is true that the phenomenon of the uncomfortable driver seat is not unique to the G35 (I have heard different people complain even about Volvos, Subarus, Hondas,and Saabs), it is really unfortunate that Infiniti is dragging its feet over this issue instead of seriously doing something to address it. If forum members are able to find solutions (and desperate enough to do so at their own cost), surely Infiniti can do better. Infiniti owes these loyal customers a fair shake. If Infiniti was proactive, not only would they have explored improvements themselves, they would have sought (and rewarded) the ideas that G35 owners might have about the solution.
Now, the good aspect. There does not appear to be anything else to complain about.
p.s.: Luckily, I do not have any problems with the seat even on long drives.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I got my 03 G a couple days ago and notice absolutely no pain or pressure. I find the seat and postion quite comfortable. I'm 6' 2" 180lbs and have always found getting a good seating postion in a car is hard for me and my long legs. This car seems to fit me quite well. Much better than my 96 Maxima did. Even when I try to splaymy legs outward, I don't feel any pressure. I guess my narrow waist and skinny legs help me on this one.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Very Concerned

I have be researching the G35 for several months and had made a decission to purchase one in the next 30 days. Now, I am having 2nd thoughts. I am 6'1" and weight 225. Are the seats & seat controls the same on the 05 model as the 04 model? It seems that Inifiniti should have addressed the seat problem for the new model but I'm not sure if anything has been done. Any more new owners out there that can comment before I change my mind about buying a new G35 sedan?

Last edited by drgolf975d; 01-13-2005 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:32 AM
drgolf975d-
The seat controls are a little different in the 05. My suggestion (if possible) is to sit in the car for 1/2 hour then immediately go for at least a 15 minute test drive. You should be able to tell if the seat is comfortable for you.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:39 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by drgolf975d
I have be researching the G35 for several months and had made a decission to purchase one in the next 30 days. Now, I am having 2nd thoughts. I am 6'1" and weight 225. Are the seats & seat controls the same on the 05 model as the 04 model? It seems that Inifiniti should have addressed the seat problem for the new model but I'm not sure if anything has been done. Any more new owners out there that can comment before I change my mind about buying a new G35 sedan?
I got a 2005 loner a couple of months ago. The seat controls were definitly lower
within the seat, compared to my 2003. If felt more comfortable. Wish I had a 2005 model!

Old 01-13-2005, 11:11 AM
I am 5'6 and weigh around 195. I have an 04 sedan. I find that the foot rest is a little far for me to reach comfortably so a taller person should have no problem. The seat is not uncomfortable, just not the most comfortable I have been in. I have not been in this seat for more than 1 - 2 hours at a time. So, you long disatnce drivers may have a different opinion. No car is perfect but comfort is important.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:42 AM
So far I have gone on a couple 90+ minute drives in the car. There may be some slight pressure on the right thigh but nothing too bad. The lumbar support is not the greatest and does not quite conform to my back. That is the only source of discomfort for me so far. The seats seem a little more comfortable than my 3er's sport seats. 5'11" 175 lbs.

Pags

Old 01-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Need more feedback from new owners on the 05 Sedan

I'm still very concerned about the diver's seat. Are there any new owners that can reply about the Diver's seat on the 05 Sedan; especially on extended trips taken? Do the seats hurt you? Do they support you properly? I really want to buy a G35 but just not convinced the seat problem has been fixed this model year.

Old 01-15-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm still very concerned about the diver's seat. Are there any new owners that can reply about the Diver's seat on the 05 Sedan; especially on extended trips taken? Do the seats hurt you? Do they support you properly? I really want to buy a G35 but just not convinced the seat problem has been fixed this model year.
The seats STILL SUCK!! I had a 2005 G35x Sedan loaner for three days. There is NO IMPROVEMENT!!! The upper seat side bolsters are wider now and may be a problem for big folks, but the evil seat controls are still right where they were, still killing people's hips and thighs!

Old 01-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have had my '04 G35 for over a year now, almost 15k, and I have had no problems with my seat comfort. I want people to see there are long term owners who find the seat to be comfortable. The people who are constantly on this thread seem to not want anyone to hear that!

Old 01-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I have had my '04 G35 for over a year now, almost 15k, and I have had no problems with my seat comfort. I want people to see there are long term owners who find the seat to be comfortable. The people who are constantly on this thread seem to not want anyone to hear that!
I am a long term owner with a 2003.5 and 36K miles. I am 6"1' and weigh 195lbs. I have also had back surgery twice in the last nine years. Two disc were repair in the middle 90's, and the last time 20 months ago. I know what back pain is and what is comfortable and what isn't. The seats in my G are great! I drive long distances every week with out issue. When you have back problems you learn how to sit, sleep, and stand in positions that support your back. When sitting in a car you need to take the time to adjust the seat properly. If you have the seat too far back and have your legs extended, this will put pressure on your back. Your knees should be bent, and they need to be higher than your hips. You then have to adjust your seat back to the angle that is comfortable for you. To far one way or the other, and you will put too much pressure on your lower back. Most of this I learned through physical therapy. I hope this has helped some of you, as I know what misery back pain can be.

ABQ_G35.....Thanks for serving your country!!

Old 02-08-2005, 10:30 PM
I've had my 2005 G just over 24 hours and I feel the pressure

I was only vaguely aware of this issue from skimming this site prior to purchase. I will say that I'm definitely feeling pressure and discomfort in the right bolster a few inches above my knee, right where the seat controls are.

I haven't read every post in this thread but maybe the primary difference between those experiencing this issue and those that have not is the natural position they keep their legs when sitting. I'm 6'0", 225 pounds, and have pretty large, muscled quads and hamstrings. As such, at rest, my legs tend to spread out and my knees are most comfortable resting against the door and inside console. In this position, my right thigh is meeting resistance from the bolster and I'm constantly wanting to shift positions. Maybe those who haven't had any problems naturally keep their knees closer together?

Old 02-08-2005, 10:53 PM
6'2" here and chillin.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:13 PM
i am 6' 2" and about 195

Certainly the seats are not intended for any one who is much larger than me.
These are buckets in a sports/performance luxury car.

I have found two things that seem to make alll the difference.

1) take your wallet out

2) I have found that tilting the seat up in front makes it worse(a lot)
By not putting so much front up tilt under my thighs makes it fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!