G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Just curious - if the seat is so dreadfully uncomfortable, why did y'all buy the vehicle? Sure it's a tight fit (particularly in the coupe), but that's typical of sports cars and sporting cars in general.

I don't understand the whining and suggestion that Infiniti has some sort of product safety issue.

Old 06-02-2004, 12:37 AM

Chuck, if ya had read all the posts (lol - I know, I know) you would find that for most people the seat pain issue is not apparent during the 15-20 minute rides you usually get to take when test driving a "hot" car. For some folks it has been a residual thing, growing worse over time as the pressure from that lousy right side bolster causes a build-up of damage to the right hip and thigh. Let me put the "size" issue at rest for you as well. This problem has been reported by folks as small as 145lbs. up to people weighing 200lbs. or more. There are also people in these exact same size ranges who DON"T have the seat problem.

And MOST importantly, most of us who are suffering with this crappy seat have NEVER experienced ANY problems from any other car seats! I know I never have. It is a shitty design for somewhere between 8-15% (my estimate) of American G35 owners. BTW Chuck, it is easy to NOT understand a problem if you happen to be lucky enough not to have it. ; )

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by GeeSpot on 06/01/04 09:41 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-02-2004, 12:39 AM

Metal Gooseneck! Funny stuff G35Neb! Kinda like one of those stalky Martian monsters from "The War of the Worlds". : )

Old 06-02-2004, 10:06 AM

To me, the seat is comfortable. It is just that the placement of the seat controls causes pain in my leg, sometimes numbness. If the controls were located somewhere else, I believe the seat would be fine for me.

I took the G35 on 3 separate test drives. None of them more than 15 minutes. Since I have an original 2003, not much information about the seat controls/pain was available. I did not notice any pain until after the first week of owning the car. It got pretty bad for about a month. Now it is just a discomfort now and then.

Like GeeSpot said if you don't have the problem, it is hard to relate. That goes for any problem. Just remember that everyone is different.

ETicketRide
2003 G35 Sedan/Ivory Pearl/Willow Premium/Sport/Tint

Old 06-02-2004, 03:15 PM

And also respect the fact that this complaint is not coming from a couple of the same guys over and over. There are posts on FA as well as this HUGE one that has been ongoing for months.
Just be thankful you personally don't have any pain or discomfort from the brackets and seat controls. I wish I was the same.

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

Old 06-05-2004, 06:33 PM

I just picked up my 350z roadster today, awesome car , anyways on the 350z seats, the controls sit like 2 inches down on the side of the seat where as the G35 controls are only like a 1/2 inch. has anyone tried lowering the controls so they sit further down? Because i just got done driving the 350z on a 2 hour drive and didnt notice any problems with these seats, where as the G35 seats the controls start to bother me about 30 mins into a drive.

Old 06-05-2004, 06:49 PM

Heres a pic of the 350z seat

Old 06-05-2004, 07:39 PM

BuiltToShred, G35Mark and one other guy HAVE lowered the controls and stated it IS an improvement. Last time I checked, Mark was gonna lower his some more when he got time. Thank you for your post. : ) BTW, my Unreal Tournament gaming name is FullOnShred!

Old 06-05-2004, 10:19 PM
fnt

Chuck,

"Just curious - if the seat is so dreadfully uncomfortable, why did y'all buy the vehicle? Sure it's a tight fit (particularly in the coupe), but that's typical of sports cars and sporting cars in general."

Fair question. I drove the car for almost 30 minutes during my test drive and didn't notice anything. I'm sure that's because my excitement driving the G for the first time numbed some of my other senses (pardon the pun). Even now, the pain/numbness is sometimes barely noticeable for me. Other times, it's very hard to take. Truth be told, I probably wouldn't have bought the car had I known.

"I don't understand the whining and suggestion that Infiniti has some sort of product safety issue."

Safety is probably not the right word. However, I do consider this a design defect, and I believe that Infiniti has an obligation to make things right. Will they? I somehow doubt it.

Interestingly, from the photo I've seen, the 2005 seat controls don't look very different. But I'm planning to give the seat a try when they come out.

Old 06-07-2004, 05:26 PM

If my driving foot is asleep because of the seat I think that is a safety problem...

04.5 G 35...*** asleep for 4500 miles.

Worth

2004.5 Sedan AT DG
Sport/Flaps/Premium/max tint/Bose
NX Nitrous (tuned)
CAI Injen
6 wire ground kit
Custom ECU
Zaino layers=6
next mod: higher jets

Old 06-11-2004, 12:35 AM

If I get some extra time this weekend, i might take out my 350z drivers seat and put in my G35 to see if it fits. If it does i'm tempted to order 2 ventalated seats like the ones in my 350z and have the orange leather replaced with tan leather to match the back seat of the g35. probably cost me 2k but if it works it will be worth it....

Old 06-11-2004, 01:58 PM

Yowww!! Do what ya have ta do Shred, but I swear I am sure you can move the controls and have the original seat re-bolstered for WAAAAYYYY less that that! Please Let us know how it turns out.

Old 07-07-2004, 09:37 PM

Has there been any updates on this issue? Any position changes with Infiniti? Do we know if the 2005 seat has been redesigned?

I just had the seat refoamed and it is not any better. Overall, the sensitivity and pain in my leg is getting worse.

Please PM me or reply if you know of anything that will help from this or other forums. Also, does anyone know what can be done with aftermarket seats since we have an airbag and sensor in our seats?

TIA

nospoon

Old 07-07-2004, 10:12 PM
fnt

I'm still waiting to see what the '05 seat is like.

This past weekend, though, I took my car on its first long trip (about 8 hours of driving in all) and I was a lot less uncomfortable than I expected.

(I guess this qualifies as "faint praise," huh?)

Old 07-08-2004, 12:40 AM

Hi,

Thanks for posting everything about the G35 seats. as I am (or was) looking into buying a G35x for my wife to drive. (she might even let me drive it sometimes). as I am quite tall and I have back problems already after reading all the posts in this thread I might have to rethink buying a G35X. as when I'd get to drive it I have well over a hours drive to and from work every day where she has about 15 miles at the most.
I have yet to drive one (i was supposed to drive one today) and I liked alot of the options that the G3 has on it i.e. reclining rear seats, awd, sports package, etc I was hoping for a great car
Thanks

PROTECT ME FROM THE THINGS I WANT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!