G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 06:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Bottom line is the seat design is horrible and should be substantially modified or replaced by Infiniti. Assymetrical bolsters with controls where your leg rests is simply poor design. That it doesn't bother everyone is a non-issue.

HTBomb's Magical Hot Wheels

Old 03-02-2004, 11:04 PM

I just read from a Dealer on another forum that the seat controls will be moved on the 2005 G35. If true (and this guy is noted for good info) it shows that Infiniti KNOWS they made a mistake with the seat control placement. All that remains now is for them to step up and FIX OUR SEATS!! We who bought early have launched the success of the G35, now Infiniti must do the right thing and FIX OUR SEATS TOO!!

Old 03-03-2004, 10:20 AM

I just read the same thing at edmunds. I would agree, that if they are now going to move the seat controls, then there must have been some underlying reason...What could that be! Maybe they can just replace the seat.

ETicketRide
2003 G35 Sedan/Ivory Pearl/Willow Premium/Sport/Tint

Old 03-03-2004, 12:47 PM

Eticket, would you mind posting a link? I went to Edmunds but was unable to locate the info you speak of. Thank you in advance.

Old 03-03-2004, 03:21 PM

Sure, not a problem. Here is the link. It is post #8500 in the Infiniti G35 thread.
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/Web...@.ef010cb/8500!make=Infiniti&model=G35&ed_makeindex=.ef010cb
Just copy and paste....

ETicketRide

Old 03-03-2004, 10:41 PM
venting about my g-35 seat!!!

Sorry folks I know this is a forum for lovers of the g-35.
So here goes my rant about my 2003 g-35. Call it online therapy.

I have had this car for aprox 1 1/2 years and had nothing but problems with rattles/squeeks and shotty workmanship with the interior. The dealer can't fix consumer affairs is useless.

If you are considering buying one these cars I would re-think that decision. The money you put into it would be better spent on something else.
This has truely been the biggest POS that I have ever owned.
This is not a quality car.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:51 PM

Thank you, Eticket.

It was actually a cut and paste of the same info I saw on FreshAlloy.com. What I really want to know is if that means the controls are being "moved" or just "changed", and if they are moving them, where will the new location be? Anybody know for sure? Thanks

Old 03-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Re: venting about my g-35 seat!!!

I'm sorry that you feel that way. If it really is a POS, then you should sell it and get something else. You shouldn't be wasting any more time with this car. Why would you stay in a car that you have hated for 1.5 years???? You might lose a bit of money, but I think you will be a lot happier in something else. What did you have in mind??

ETicketRide

Old 03-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think this is just another hard to please person looking for an excuse to buy a new car that they then can complain about in a few months! Not a quality car? Give me a break!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 03-04-2004, 03:07 PM

Mudbog comes across a little harsh on the G, but I have definitely felt the same way he does, depending on my mood. His story is pretty much the same as mine and I have tried to get Infiniti Consumer Affairs to do something for me, but so far, they will only try (and I mean try) to fix the problems. I am looking forward to the 2005 model, anticipating there will not be the same issues I have with my 2003.5, but sometimes I am pissed enough to leave Nissan. I would rather not, but sometimes it is very tempting. Still love the car, just wish there was more attention to fit and finish.

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

Old 03-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I send this entire post to infinity everyday, they ignore me of course, but maybe if EVERYONE who does not like the seat design does the same thing it will help.

email them EVERYDAY, day in and day out untill we get new seats.

don't think about it, do it

Mize
Silver 03 6 Speed Sedan/Willow/Premium

Old 03-06-2004, 01:30 PM
fnt

Bohemond,

Thanks for posting about your seat make-over. I'd been considering the same approach, but I've held off because I don't often drive more than 30-45 minutes, and the discomfort is tolerable most of the time. On the other hand, I'd probably be happier with a comfortable seat, since this is the only major issue for me.

However, $420 is a considerable sum to pay to take care of a problem that should be covered by Infiniti. It will be interesting to see if the '05 seats really are better and if they're compatible with earlier models. If so, I'm going to push hard for a replacement.

Old 03-06-2004, 04:36 PM

I think your approach is a good one especially since your discomfort seems manageable at this point. Who knows, if Infiniti does offer a fix they may exclude seats that have been welded like mine for liability reasons.

One route I was taking before I decided on the major fix I described was a custom foam piece shaped like the seat bottom to sit on in order to raise me up out of the dish formed by the side bolsters, like a cushion. I actually had one made and I think it would have helped- tried it in the pax seat, since it arrived after the driver seat was already altered. I ordered it from Knox Foam at http://www.knoxfoam.com/cgi-bin/Soft...xe/?E+scstore, and it cost exactly $7.92 shipping included. I asked for a trapezoid measuring 13 7/8 and 11 3/4 for the 2 parallel sides, and 17 in each for the 2 non-parallel sides. (Best measure your seat though). I got mine in firm foam, 3 inches thick, but 3 in is too thick. I'd try 1.5 or 2 in. Heck at $7.92 you can order several and try them out. After you find one that fits, they'll make a cloth cover for it.

Rather than use their web order form, it's best to call and arrange to fax your order- they'll call you back for payment info.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-06-2004, 06:15 PM

I almost bought the G35x. I just love the car but this tread gave me second thoughts. I was going to purchase the car this weekend but I stumbled across this forum. Great information. I must admit that I very disappointed but I think that I will seriously look at the TL or wait until the 2005 BMW or see if the 2005 repairs this problems.

Thanks to all on this forum.

Old 03-06-2004, 07:50 PM
fnt

Bohemond,

Thanks for the information. I had considered a foam insert, but I was reluctant to do anything that would add to my effective height - I'm 6'3", and headroom is very tight for me. I may try the vendor you suggested, though.

(Your reference to aircraft seats made me think of when I used to fly as a passenger in my friend's C172 when I lived in L.A. The seats in his plane were very comfortable on long flights.)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!