G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKStateG35
19" Rays would definitely look good.

I agree that it's difficult to tell from pictures. Even in person the wheel gap changes noticeably depending on whether or not the ground is completely level. If I was you, I would try to find a deal on some springs like mine or a Z/G setup just because they are so cheap. If you don't like it, you can always upgrade to H-Techs later.

All three options are fairly conservative. The wheels will make the biggest difference.
Exactly. It's much easier to spend less and go for a subtle drop rather than spend big and be stuck with too much of a drop and risk the chance of scraping or worse damaging something. Do you have any issues with camber? Any idea on spring degradation in relation to miles?

I know it depends on where the car traveled but ideally I'd like to find springs with not too many miles on them,

Old 07-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ilv2xlr8
Exactly. It's much easier to spend less and go for a subtle drop rather than spend big and be stuck with too much of a drop and risk the chance of scraping or worse damaging something. Do you have any issues with camber? Any idea on spring degradation in relation to miles?

I know it depends on where the car traveled but ideally I'd like to find springs with not too many miles on them,
My rear camber is very slightly out of spec. I really thought it could be adjusted out with the stock arms, but my alignment shop said there was no adjustment. I may take it somewhere else for a second opinion.

As far as spring life goes, I think they last for quite a while under normal conditions. I think the pairs I bought both had around 20k, but that was just an estimate.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SLVRG35X
Hey Lumpia,

over huge drops and bumps at speed is your control arm crashing into the suspension box? even with the stock components i have an interference issue and i am not even close to as low as you are. i have a finger and a half gap. i had the eibach control arms up front and it was worse. any help would be appreciated as it is super annoying. it is ony happening over huge bumps or drops.

at first i thought maybe the rebound was not good enough but i am beginning to think it is something else.

any ideas?

by the way i have a 2006 awd sedan
keep us posted on this. having same issue. i raised the car a bit which solved the problem but i would like to have it lower.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by OKStateG35
My rear camber is very slightly out of spec. I really thought it could be adjusted out with the stock arms, but my alignment shop said there was no adjustment. I may take it somewhere else for a second opinion.

As far as spring life goes, I think they last for quite a while under normal conditions. I think the pairs I bought both had around 20k, but that was just an estimate.
If you don't get a camber kit, how badly will it affect tire wear? I'm also hesitant to run staggered wheels. It's much easier to source 4 rays wheels rather than asking people to split fronts/rears. But then I can only rotate side to side rather than around all 4 corners.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM
you can get away with no kit up front but you would need the kit in the back. they are not that expensive.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by ilv2xlr8
If you don't get a camber kit, how badly will it affect tire wear? I'm also hesitant to run staggered wheels. It's much easier to source 4 rays wheels rather than asking people to split fronts/rears. But then I can only rotate side to side rather than around all 4 corners.
With which rear springs? You can probably get away without a camber kit in the rear with the sedan sports, but it's right on the edge. Like I mentioned before, I've read multiple sources that say there is a very small amount of adjustment in the stock arms so I really thought the shop would be able to get them back into spec. I didn't get a spec sheet printout from the alignment shop, but I think he said the rear was between 1.5-1.75 degrees of negative camber. This is obviously out of spec, but not horrible. He also straightened out the toe which eats up your tires faster than camber.

I haven't installed a rear kit yet, but I may eventually. You can get one for less than $200 and install it yourself. I'm going on a roadtrip down to Houston next week so I'll check the tires when I get back to see if there is any noticeable wear.

As far as the staggered Rays go, you may be able to buy a set and trade out the rears for somebody's fronts or the other way around. I also prefer to have the same size wheels all around so I can rotate them however I want to. Rotating them side to side wouldn't really accomplish anything so you would have to remove the tires and switch them to different wheels (assuming you get the same size tire all around).

Last edited by OKStateG35; 07-15-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
^best way to do it. Buy one FULL set and wait for someone who wants to trade or buy. I bought a set and then bought one rear and waited another 3-4 months and picked up my 2nd rear to make a complete rear set.

as to how long can you go with a kit.... i killed the rear tires in about 7k miles.
Get the rear for sure and see about the front camber, toe is adjustable in the front.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
^best way to do it. Buy one FULL set and wait for someone who wants to trade or buy. I bought a set and then bought one rear and waited another 3-4 months and picked up my 2nd rear to make a complete rear set.

as to how long can you go with a kit.... i killed the rear tires in about 7k miles.
Get the rear for sure and see about the front camber, toe is adjustable in the front.
With which springs?

Old 07-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could i put a sport coupe suspension in that includes springs shocks and struts?

Old 07-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
springs and rear shocks only. Fronts don't fit. Its been said thousands of times in the thread alone.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Thankyou thats the answer i was looking for.

sorry i didnt want to sort through 109 pages to find that answer

Old 07-23-2010, 06:31 PM
2006 G35x
18x8.5 Rota SVN 245/45/18 35mm offset

I put 2005 G35 coupe front springs on my stock shocks. The rears are completely stock.

Before drop: 28.5"
After drop: 28"

I've put 2000miles on them. Similar ride quality to stock. No alignment issues.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:38 PM
2006 G35x blk/blk/abc/nav/nismo got the car brand new on oct 2006, and 2 weeks ago I went into reverse and my front tires locked up. Look what happened to my front shaft assembly ! omfg

Name:  3e0da98a.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  127.5 KB

Name:  65ffdfd3.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  138.1 KB
^ Other end of Shaft assembly - Funny how thats fine....

Name:  ba251021.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  104.1 KB

Name:  1977ee87.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  142.5 KB

Name:  3e0da98a.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  127.5 KB

Name:  5bdd8db2.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  74.0 KB
^Whole nissan part, can't replace just one part
<br>
$1,027.00 to fix, AND
it gets better
the shaft damaged the outside of the transfer case, (still works tho for now) and the metal assembly broke a small hole in the bottom of the engine block in the dead space area. they sealed it with silicon, just can't blv this crap... what now

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
3e0da98a.jpg (127.5 KB, 61 views)
Old 07-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Okay guys.
Next on my list is a drop. I've been reading this thread for a while now, and still am not exactly sure on this tho. So help is some direct help is really appreciated.

I think I'm set on getting the BC racing coilovers, but need some help on exactly what I'll need to do. Right now I'm riding extremely high I feel like so I want a pretty good drop. My main question is about camber kits. I want to know if it is really necessary. I want to keep it drivable, don't need to completely slammed but the smaller my wheel gap can be the better. What would happen if i don't get the camber kits. How low could I go without causing problems or ruining my tires ever 5k miles. What benifits would the camber kits do? Exactly what is their purpose other then changing the angle of the wheels?

Pretty much, I just wanna know what you guys suggest. Can I drop the car on the bc's without camber kits or am I gonna ruin into issues.

Thanks alot for any information on this,
Alex

Old 07-28-2010, 04:45 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
get the coilover $1000, get the rear camber/toe kit from SPC $200 and then get an alignment $100 and you will have no worries if you just lower the car a little bit. Your fronts are not going to wear out that much since toe can be adjusted already. Rotate often and your good.

benefits of camber kit is exactly what you said, you DONT ruin your tires every 5k if you have them. $200< pair of tires every 5k

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!