G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a brief description:

1- Coilovers is a design in which the spring and shock/strut are together as one. This has an advantage of being able to raise and lower your car.

2- Camber is what you get when you lower your car. Instead of your wheels being straight like this ( l l ) they are like this ( / \ ). That is negative camber. Most of the time you can get an alignment to throw it back into spec but sometimes, like with us, you have to get a camber to get rid of all the negative camber.

3 - Rolling your fenders is a process in which you just bend in the inside part of your fender to fit a wider wheel. If you stick your hand in the top of your rear wheel-well you will feel your rear fender and then a gap between that end part of that fender and the inner fender wall. This can be rolled back to the fender wall to create a little more room for a wider wheel.

Hope this helped!!

Old 02-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KrazyEd

The more that I think about it the more I think I am going to do what you suggests. Z springs in front and coupe springs in rear. That seems to be the perfect median. Do you have any pics of this setup?

I can point you in the right direction if you want to see a sedan w/ 19's dropped on z-springs in the front & coupe springs in the rear....

Let me know.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a brief description:

1- Coilovers is a design in which the spring and shock/strut are together as one. This has an advantage of being able to raise and lower your car.

2- Camber is what you get when you lower your car. Instead of your wheels being straight like this ( l l ) they are like this ( / \ ). That is negative camber. Most of the time you can get an alignment to throw it back into spec but sometimes, like with us, you have to get a camber to get rid of all the negative camber.

3 - Rolling your fenders is a process in which you just bend in the inside part of your fender to fit a wider wheel. If you stick your hand in the top of your rear wheel-well you will feel your rear fender and then a gap between that end part of that fender and the inner fender wall. This can be rolled back to the fender wall to create a little more room for a wider wheel.

Hope this helped!!
Yes it definitely did. Thanks a lot!

Old 02-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
***update***

finally got a reply back from koni with a nice postive email.
"It's taken a little while to get the dampers moving because of getting a plan together on how to build the fronts. It is progressing now though and we should be ready to go in about 2-3 weeks. Thanks."

oh yeah.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Definitely some good news. Next time you talk to them can you ask them if they have any plans on making them so others can purhcase? Tell them that there is a market out here for them!!

Old 02-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Question for all of you X's that are running with their fuse pulled. Will this cause any problems down the road? Would it cause problems if you run fuse out in the winter with staggered setup and fuse in during the winter with a non-staggered setup. I am really interested in doing this but I have a fear of causing problems down the road!!

Old 02-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I would like to hear other peoples opinions. The more I think about it the more I think that it will not cause problems because all your doing is having it run in fulltime RWD.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by apintojr
***update***

finally got a reply back from koni with a nice postive email.
"It's taken a little while to get the dampers moving because of getting a plan together on how to build the fronts. It is progressing now though and we should be ready to go in about 2-3 weeks. Thanks."

oh yeah.

Definitely ask if they will be available for purchase cuz my shocks are going south with the unrevised Z springs and I dont feel like spending $1800 on VRT coilovers.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Ok I am not sure if this has been answered and I did a search, but couldnt you just cut off the stem part off the z struts. Here is what I am talking about. Sorry for my ignorance if this has been answered.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-wmti5mji5mtzzndezzgzkmzf5ntqx.jpg  
Old 03-01-2007, 07:41 AM
from my understanding they will not be produced for retail. from there point of view there isnt a demand for shocks for an X. i just told them to visit this forum and they will see that there is a demand.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 PM
I hate you guys its such a tease looking at all the nice wheels I can't afford

Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by flyinglumpai
Ok I am not sure if this has been answered and I did a search, but couldnt you just cut off the stem part off the z struts. Here is what I am talking about. Sorry for my ignorance if this has been answered.
Does anyone know the answer.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by 05G35x
Question for all of you X's that are running with their fuse pulled. Will this cause any problems down the road? Would it cause problems if you run fuse out in the winter with staggered setup and fuse in during the winter with a non-staggered setup. I am really interested in doing this but I have a fear of causing problems down the road!!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I would like to hear other peoples opinions. The more I think about it the more I think that it will not cause problems because all your doing is having it run in fulltime RWD.

anyone else wanna chime in here? I dont want to give the wrong advice.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 05G35x
Well I drove with the AWD fuse pulled all summer and fall basically from April to November with no problems but I did not have staggered wheels. There is a member here Jovo527 I think who has done the same and has a staggered setup. I don't believe he had any problems. I would not advise driving in the winter with the fuse pulled just because of the snow if any. The only problem with pullong the fuse and running staggered is that you put a strain on the transfer case but I don't think there should be a problem.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by seddon
Well I drove with the AWD fuse pulled all summer and fall basically from April to November with no problems but I did not have staggered wheels. There is a member here Jovo527 I think who has done the same and has a staggered setup. I don't believe he had any problems. I would not advise driving in the winter with the fuse pulled just because of the snow if any. The only problem with pullong the fuse and running staggered is that you put a strain on the transfer case but I don't think there should be a problem.
Did you get your new wheels yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!