G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Same as using Z springs but probably cheaper.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone else considering the VRT Coilovers? They are not cheap, but I don't mind the $$$, it's the fact that I may have to get front and rear camber kits anyway. Decisions, decisions.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Well I am going to look for another company to make me some if I can, I tried and contact Michael, at first he said let make some and said the price that he given me was a bunch of symbols, so I emailed him back and requested the price again. No answer, a couple of weeks went by and still no reply, emailed him again and still have not gotten a reply, I had my credit card in hand ready but since he didnt answer me I went with the z and coupe spring combo, I am happy with it. I am trying to get ahold of JIC I heard they make custom set up and a couple of other companies.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Maybe next summer I'll get the custom coilover but for now the coupe/z combination will have to work.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:00 PM
seddon, that is what I am going to probably do. You get your springs/wheels on yet?

Old 03-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qbturbo
Anyone else considering the VRT Coilovers? They are not cheap, but I don't mind the $$$, it's the fact that I may have to get front and rear camber kits anyway. Decisions, decisions.
Did you ever find out if you need camber kit? Still waiting to get my car back...hopefully next week and i'll take it in for alignment.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by KrazyEd
seddon, that is what I am going to probably do. You get your springs/wheels on yet?
Ed springs are on wheels are here but still need to roll my fenders.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by seddon
Ed springs are on wheels are here but still need to roll my fenders.
Cant wait to see pics. Ill be at that cruise so I know I will definitely see them there. I just hope I dont have to wait till then to see them

Old 03-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Here is something I posted in a different thread that I think belongs here.

The VRT coilovers are an option, but I dont feel comfortable paying $1800 for coilovers that VRT claims to manufacture.
They are a good shop, but I highly doubt they have the capability to manufacture coilover systems. They might modify them, but not make them.
It would be better if they made it clear who the maker is, but business is business I guess. Imagine if VRT closes its doors in a couple of years, which Im sure they wont....and you need your coilovers serviced. You would be SOL plain and simple.
I have been looking @ my brothers JIC FLT-A2 coilovers for 96 Eclipse AWD and they are very close in design, but the FLT-A2 is a harsh coilover system. I run them in my 240 and there is no way I would run them in the G because my GF would have my *****.
JIC also offers VIP series coilovers for some cars including the Maxima, but I have not seen the new Maxima front setup yet. Im sure I can get the front set for a Maxima and the rear for a G if need be, but i need to check out the front setup on the Maxima first.
Another option is maybe check out the FX35 front setup because I know there is a company in Taiwan that makes coilovers for them, but Im not sure how they adjust the height. If they were like the JIC coilovers..that would be ideal since they adjust the height on the shock body and not by loading the spring.
I wish I had more time to do research or make phone calls, but with my work, house and my other car its kind of hard.
I will try to call my bud @ JIC next week though and see if he can do something for us. That would be our best bet since JIC is flexible enough to put whatever spring rate we want and they are cheaper than $1800.
Not to mention the ease of getting the coilovers serviced quickly.

You guys can start calling them @ (562) 803-6122 that way they can see there is a small demand for X coilovers. If they could put something together for us from different cars it might be a win win situation.

Update!!!

I spoke to JIC today and Im going to send them pics and measurements of the front setup to see if they can put something together for us. They said they had calls about the X before , but no one has ever sent them pics yet. If this is something they can do without asking JIC of Japan Ill buy the first set and test it out a bit.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:33 PM
JIC ftw! Keep us updated.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Definitely keep us updated!!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes, thanks for the update!

Your absolutely right about the VRT parts not only if they go out of business. Just getting them to make a new one is tough. I hit a pothole and sent their arm back and havent heard from them. You'd think they'd have a copy of my arm but i had to send them the good one and bad one to have them match. Also, they have my my stock parts....cars been at dealership since 2/12. Thinking i have to go back to completely stock.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Well I just sent the pics to JIC. Hopefully Ill hear from them by tomorrow.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:59 PM
I also called JIC today and said they might have something soon.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:39 PM
I research every modification/part before I make a decision to use them on my cars. General rule of thumb i follow is to go with the company that has been around for years making a product that has been reliable in numerous applications and has good customer service.

I commend VRT for making these coilovers, however I only know of one person, G-Mony, that has them. Like any new product, some issues of design and reliability have arisen. How the company deals with these issues will determine if others will purchase their product.

Bottom Line:
Since JIC has been making coilovers longer than VRT, I would spend my $$$ on the JIC coilovers.

I'm going to call today too; keeping my fingers crossed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!