Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension! - Page 3 - G35Driver
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member



Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.
  #31  
Old 07-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo10v
I am going above and beyond right now. I currently have Tien working on a project for my car. My shop is amazing and has some badass hook ups which enabled me to do this. It will be done in a couple months. I had to send them each OEM spring rating. I believe they will be 16-way adjustable. I will keep you guys updated.

Jimbo
right on... good job. are they making a full coilover kit for you? shocks/struts/springs or is it just the shocks/struts? do you know if they are going to start selling them after they get it fitted to your car or is it a special order thing or one time deal? i would be interested in purchasing a setup for my car also... group buy?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,667
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo10v
I am going above and beyond right now. I currently have Tien working on a project for my car. My shop is amazing and has some badass hook ups which enabled me to do this. It will be done in a couple months. I had to send them each OEM spring rating. I believe they will be 16-way adjustable. I will keep you guys updated.

Jimbo

definitely keep us updated!!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeee2
I just noticed today 3 of the 4 avon tires have very small horizontal cuts on the top of the sidewalls. I understand if the rears are being cut by the inner fender but I don't see how that can happen to one of the front tires. Has anyone noticed their tires with little cuts after being lowered?
no cuts here and it looks like you have more clearance than i do. from looking at the pictures, you should have no fender rubbing. the wheels should tuck into the fender more when going over bumps or loading up the car. also the pics dont look like the fender is rubbing the tire. it would normally have a wider cut and not as clean.... had this issue with my last car. i may be wrong tho...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 1,707
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayron
no cuts here and it looks like you have more clearance than i do. from looking at the pictures, you should have no fender rubbing. the wheels should tuck into the fender more when going over bumps or loading up the car. also the pics dont look like the fender is rubbing the tire. it would normally have a wider cut and not as clean.... had this issue with my last car. i may be wrong tho...
I thought about it too. The diameter of my tires are pretty close to the 19 inch tires with lower profiles. But it also has a 45mm offset which tucks in alot and it's a 245 tires. I am not sure if it rubs but the little cuts on the tires just worries me. Here's a few more different angles. As for the cuts, it might be hard to see on the picture. But if I use my fingernail and push the cut up or down you can see it's cut inside. Not deep but it's not a scratch on the tire for sure.




Last edited by mikeee2; 07-09-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 1,707
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayron
here's my camber with s-techs all around.... FL=-1.8, FR=-1.9, RL=-1.9. RR=-2.1
i havent gotten around to redoing the alignment on the rear after putting in the z springs but im assuming it will be a little less since the rear is higher now with the z springs. it will probably come in around -1.7 or so.... just guessing.
Seems like I have the worst camber out of everyone that dropped it with 350z springs. Mines are -2.5 and -2.9 after alignment.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-10-2006, 02:34 AM
G35FEEZY
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
here's my drop

<IMG SRC="http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/8664/dsc080485vr.jpg">

<IMG SRC="http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/5589/dsc078230lz.jpg">

<IMG SRC="http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7753/dsc077199rs.jpg">
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-10-2006, 02:35 AM
G35FEEZY
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
the last one is stock hight
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-10-2006, 02:37 AM
G35FEEZY
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
with two guys in the back seat

<IMG SRC="http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/788/dsc082474qs.jpg">
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 1,707
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
G35FEEZY,

Is yours an X? Why is it so low????? Even the stock height look low.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Displaced New Yorker
Posts: 2,138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
yea, i have -2.1 and -2.2

not awful. plus neg camber looks cool
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: was: Long Island, NY -- Now: South FL
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You guys have to also consider tire overall diameters even for the same tire sizes ... example:

245/45/18's & Overall Diameter:
-Mich Pilot Sports --> 26.7"
-Goodyear F1 GS-D3 --> 26.8"
-Falken GRB FK-451 --> 26.5"
-Avon m550 --> 26.7"
-Contact Sports 2 --> 26.7"

If you are worried about rubbing issues, you should consider going to 235/45/18's size range which will give less overall diameter and increase the gap (which is also right on with our OEM overall diameter 26.3") ... Example:

235/45/18's & Overall Diameter:
-Continental Contact 2 --> 26.3"
-Kumho ECSTA SPT --> 26.3"

Now for KrazyEd ... he is running 245/40ZR19 Falken GRB FK-451s which have a OD of 26.9" so he naturally will have less gap and a greater chance of rubbing.

In my opinion .. the fact that I am running an OD of 26.5"s (which is smaller than anyone else I have seen with a lowered X and Z springs) along with the stiffer Revised Springs (which I believe is limiting my bounce issues) .. and after ~3 months .. I am not having any problems with rubbing at all nor am I having any abnormallitys whatsoever with my suspension.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 1,707
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahdickey
You guys have to also consider tire overall diameters even for the same tire sizes ... example:

245/45/18's & Overall Diameter:
-Mich Pilot Sports --> 26.7"
-Goodyear F1 GS-D3 --> 26.8"
-Falken GRB FK-451 --> 26.5"
-Avon m550 --> 26.7"
-Contact Sports 2 --> 26.7"

If you are worried about rubbing issues, you should consider going to 235/45/18's size range which will give less overall diameter and increase the gap (which is also right on with our OEM overall diameter 26.3") ... Example:

235/45/18's & Overall Diameter:
-Continental Contact 2 --> 26.3"
-Kumho ECSTA SPT --> 26.3"

Now for KrazyEd ... he is running 245/40ZR19 Falken GRB FK-451s which have a OD of 26.9" so he naturally will have less gap and a greater chance of rubbing.

In my opinion .. the fact that I am running an OD of 26.5"s (which is smaller than anyone else I have seen with a lowered X and Z springs) along with the stiffer Revised Springs (which I believe is limiting my bounce issues) .. and after ~3 months .. I am not having any problems with rubbing at all nor am I having any abnormallitys whatsoever with my suspension.
Very interesting. Never thought about comparing the diameters of the different tires. I thought 245/45 is the same size diameter all across the board.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-11-2006, 03:57 AM
G35FEEZY
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I personally like my drop. I clear most speed bumps and barely ever bottom out while driving. I dont know if I can fit big wheels on the back because of the extra drop wih 2 or 3 in my back seat.

btw = Tien S tech
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 1,707
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Will this rear camber kit fit our X's?

http://www.prosuspension.com/product...roducts_id=438

It doesn't seem too pricey if it can fix the rear negative cambers and toe issue.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,667
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Will this rear camber kit fit our X's?

http://www.prosuspension.com/product...roducts_id=438

It doesn't seem too pricey if it can fix the rear negative cambers and toe issue.

I would be interested in this as well.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Rear creaking noise from my infiniti g35 2004 rezendvous420 G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 2 07-16-2016 10:55 AM
Suspension Components Sale! Coilovers - Lowering Sprigs - Suspension Arms - Etc StreetStandard Suspension-Vendor 9 01-18-2016 03:36 PM
AWD vs RWD lower control arm bushing replacement Alex Koss G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 6 09-05-2015 02:39 PM
G35 Coupe Suspension Replacement nosam1g Brakes & Suspension 11 08-22-2015 11:58 PM


Tags
2009, apintojr, g35x, harris, hr, inches, kyb, lip, lowering, netz, phil, privat, sm5482, spring, springs, truechoice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, G35DRIVER.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send