G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have 10,000 miles on the car, and about 4,000 on the springs. the ride is still good, i just notice the bounce with 2 people in the back or turnk stuffed.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so are you positive its the shocks?

I had the unrevised 350z shocks on foor 2 weeks now and get alot of bounce too. i had 3 people in the car including myself and my passengers hit their head on roof when i went over some bounce....

thats why im gettin rid of the 350z springs. was planning on the H-tech..but maybe i should try the S-tech.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:08 AM
if its just me and my girl in the car, there is no bounce. only with 2 people in the back, or a packed trunk.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well. I have decided to go back to stock height for now. I drop of the car tomorrow to get the stockers installed. I will eventually go back to lowering it but not as low as the 350z springs put me. Right now I can only drive with 2 other people in the car with out rubbing or something and I just dont want to deal with it.

I am also selling my rims if anyone is interested. I will be gettin new ones next summer but for right now I need some money.

I will have my Unrevised 350z springs for sale soon. Let me know if you are interested. Looking to get $100 plus shipping.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KrazyEd
well. I have decided to go back to stock height for now. I drop of the car tomorrow to get the stockers installed. I will eventually go back to lowering it but not as low as the 350z springs put me. Right now I can only drive with 2 other people in the car with out rubbing or something and I just dont want to deal with it.

I am also selling my rims if anyone is interested. I will be gettin new ones next summer but for right now I need some money.

I will have my Unrevised 350z springs for sale soon. Let me know if you are interested. Looking to get $100 plus shipping.
KrazyEd,

Wow...surprise to hear you went my route. I won't consider ever lowering this car again unless there's a full aftermarket kit for the X. If you have to try, I would say Coupe springs. The z springs (at least in my own opinion) just doesn't work well with our X. The front takes a beating on very minimal bumps on the highway. I have z springs and coupe springs for sale too.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah...I just hate the fact that I couldnt really have people in my car and that the ride was getting a little more bouncy.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah...I just hate the fact that I couldnt really have people in my car and that the ride was getting a little more bouncy.
I had a few reasons myself, one being the same as yours. When loaded in the rear, the rear passengers are similar to riding a pogo stick. The z springs handle awesome and I can't deny that. However, because of how low it is and the shocks not keeping up, I had to constantly dodge bumps and was driving like a grandma. Now with the stock springs, it doesn't handle as good obviously but I can once again drive like a maniac.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:05 PM
04 g35X

eibach Sportline on 19x8f, 19x9.5r PIAA Super Rozza , Stillen catback, RT highflow cats, Md MREV2 , Stillen cold air intake, Stillen Headers coming soon followed by ECU ReFlash by Technosquare

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-08-23-06_0735.jpg   Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-img_0886.jpg   Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-img_0898.jpg  
Old 08-24-2006, 09:18 AM
cant we all get together and start sometype of patition to like tien or something to show them theres a demand for us X drivers.

staggered on a X. how does it ride?

Old 08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
I had a few reasons myself, one being the same as yours. When loaded in the rear, the rear passengers are similar to riding a pogo stick. The z springs handle awesome and I can't deny that. However, because of how low it is and the shocks not keeping up, I had to constantly dodge bumps and was driving like a grandma. Now with the stock springs, it doesn't handle as good obviously but I can once again drive like a maniac.
I'm in the same boat as u guys. Had the z springs on for 2weeks and took them off and put H-techs on. Its not nearly as bad, but thats all matter of opinion. everyone said the z springs were little rougher than stock! like hell they are...

H techs w/ 3 1/2 people is not bad at all. didnt have to swirve around to avoid bumps or drive like a grandma so i guess the ride isnt bad enough for me to notice or had complaints from the passengers. last time w/ the zsprings with full load, the rear passenger hit their head on the ceiling when i went over a bump

Last edited by G-Mony; 08-24-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Well my stock springs and stock wheels/tires are back on. Kind of sucks but right now I have a wedding to save for. Come next July I should have a new set of shoes and hopefully there will be an aftermarket stock/strut kit available.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by seddon
I think the coupe sport springs is a decent drop considering what we have to work with. I spoke to tanabe yesterday they are doing a G35X right now but will not be ready for another 2 to 3 months. We will just have to wait and see.

any update on this?

Old 09-17-2006, 08:54 PM
man..it sucks riding on stock suspension with stock wheels

Old 09-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
any update on this?

Sorry ED no updates yet I called them up again today and no date yet still in R&D

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!