G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a question for all that are lowered....How is the ride when you have 4-5 people in the car?

I drop my car off on friday to get it lowered...cant wait!!

Old 07-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. s-techs in front, z springs in rear.
2. dont know
3. decent. would be nice with shocks/struts
4. none
5. ~18k on s-techs, ~3k on z springs
6. fronts are ok, rear is starting to go... i think.
7. 19x8 piaa super rossa +42 offset. 245/40-19 falken

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-09s.jpg   Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-10s.jpg  

Last edited by rayron; 08-18-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by rayron
1. s-techs in front, z springs in rear.
2. dont know
3. decent. would be nice with shocks/struts
4. none
5. ~18k on s-techs, ~3k on z springs
6. fronts are ok, rear is starting to go... i think.
7. 19x8 piaa super rossa +42 offset. 245/40-19 falken
Nice clean looking G. Well done!

Old 07-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just a little update after 3 weeks...

Loaded the car with 3 adult and 1 child for the first time (about 400 lbs). The front is stiff over bumps now (expected). I was going about 65mph and hit an avg bump and the rear of the car squat down very little and then it bounced up a little and when it came back down it bounced again. The rear passengers jumped in the back. I have 245/45/18 stock tires. Although there's alot of negative camber in the back but visually it may or may not hit the fender. When the rear car bounced over the bump, either the side fender rub onto the sidewall of the tire or the OEM shocks just can't handle the lowered springs. I didn't see any mark on the tire if the fender did hit it which leads me to think it was just the shocks not able to handle the bump. Over the course of 3 weeks, I've went through similar bumps but it never jumped like this. Then again, I never had passengers in the back for the last 3 weeks.

Have any of you guys loaded your rear seats and what are your experience? I am beginning to think about slapping the stock springs back on but then it's such a waste of money. In my opinion, the z dropped is too low for the X, cambers are off and the X shocks (at least so far) doesn't seem like it can hold it's own in the rear. I'll continue to monitor. It's good that I rarely have passengers in the back (having 4 today is almost like a once in a blue moon thing). Also, I only drive about 7,500 miles a year or less so the negative camber shouldn't kill my tire as fast as the ones that puts alot of miles during the year.

On smooth road it drives and handles like a charm (almost like a 350z )

Old 07-09-2006, 01:20 AM
its the shocks. the the rear shocks are the same as the RWD model. so this issue is not unique to the X

my vehicle bounces like that all the time when i hit big potholes
really....at 65mph, any pothole is big.

i have loaded at most three young ladies in the rear seats. like my previous lowered vehicle, I just drive extra careful with passengers.
so please, lol - dont swap your springs back and trade in your vehicle because of one "bad" experiance . lol I do it too...sometimes I just want to sell my vehicle after counting those damed rockchips (i even have one on my A pillar, and my trunk!!!)

I have to deal with daily brooklyn runs (belt parkway & bay parkway )
It used to rattle my bones, but I have seemed to get used to it

I am still very happy with the ride. nothing unexpected has happened (well I bottomed out once in manhattan - but thats expected) I actually believe that I may want to lower it even more! (because I have not bottomed out enough!!! )

Old 07-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by Neal376
its the shocks. the the rear shocks are the same as the RWD model. so this issue is not unique to the X

my vehicle bounces like that all the time when i hit big potholes
really....at 65mph, any pothole is big.

i have loaded at most three young ladies in the rear seats. like my previous lowered vehicle, I just drive extra careful with passengers.
so please, lol - dont swap your springs back and trade in your vehicle because of one "bad" experiance . lol I do it too...sometimes I just want to sell my vehicle after counting those damed rockchips (i even have one on my A pillar, and my trunk!!!)

I have to deal with daily brooklyn runs (belt parkway & bay parkway )
It used to rattle my bones, but I have seemed to get used to it

I am still very happy with the ride. nothing unexpected has happened (well I bottomed out once in manhattan - but thats expected) I actually believe that I may want to lower it even more! (because I have not bottomed out enough!!! )
Thanks for the support. I'll give it some more time and see how the springs/shocks hold up.

I don't know how you can drive into the city everyday? Then again...that's part of your job. I love taking bus/train during weekdays.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
I love taking bus/train during weekdays.
i used to do that...may start again depending on gas $$$$$$

Old 07-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Just a little update after 3 weeks...

Loaded the car with 3 adult and 1 child for the first time (about 400 lbs). The front is stiff over bumps now (expected). I was going about 65mph and hit an avg bump and the rear of the car squat down very little and then it bounced up a little and when it came back down it bounced again. The rear passengers jumped in the back. I have 245/45/18 stock tires. Although there's alot of negative camber in the back but visually it may or may not hit the fender. When the rear car bounced over the bump, either the side fender rub onto the sidewall of the tire or the OEM shocks just can't handle the lowered springs. I didn't see any mark on the tire if the fender did hit it which leads me to think it was just the shocks not able to handle the bump. Over the course of 3 weeks, I've went through similar bumps but it never jumped like this. Then again, I never had passengers in the back for the last 3 weeks.

Have any of you guys loaded your rear seats and what are your experience? I am beginning to think about slapping the stock springs back on but then it's such a waste of money. In my opinion, the z dropped is too low for the X, cambers are off and the X shocks (at least so far) doesn't seem like it can hold it's own in the rear. I'll continue to monitor. It's good that I rarely have passengers in the back (having 4 today is almost like a once in a blue moon thing). Also, I only drive about 7,500 miles a year or less so the negative camber shouldn't kill my tire as fast as the ones that puts alot of miles during the year.

On smooth road it drives and handles like a charm (almost like a 350z )
my rear is the same. you should think about investing in some shocks. you could try some z shocks in the rear if you wanna go the cheap route...you could probably pick some up for ~$50 used, should help out a little. im probably gonna pick up some koni's but they are spendy. a little over $400 for a set for the rear.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by rayron
my rear is the same. you should think about investing in some shocks. you could try some z shocks in the rear if you wanna go the cheap route...you could probably pick some up for ~$50 used, should help out a little. im probably gonna pick up some koni's but they are spendy. a little over $400 for a set for the rear.
That's an interesting thought since the rear can use the z shocks. I have yet to see any post from X owners with NON-OEM rear shocks. Wonder if that can fix the "boucing" issue in the back.

Rayron, hows your camber in the rear?

Old 07-09-2006, 04:00 PM
That's an interesting thought since the rear can use the z shocks. I have yet to see any post from X owners with NON-OEM rear shocks. Wonder if that can fix the "boucing" issue in the back.

I was wondering the same thing.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by KrazyEd
I was wondering the same thing.
You have the bouncing issue on the rear also?

Old 07-09-2006, 04:14 PM
You have the bouncing issue on the rear also?

Not yet because I havent had any sit in the rear while I was driving but I had 2 of my friends sit in the back to see how much lower it would go and I am just worried that if I drive with 2-3 passengers in the car that I am going to rub. It comes really close.

Old 07-09-2006, 05:06 PM
I just noticed today 3 of the 4 avon tires have very small horizontal cuts on the top of the sidewalls. I understand if the rears are being cut by the inner fender but I don't see how that can happen to one of the front tires. Has anyone noticed their tires with little cuts after being lowered?

Below is a shot of the cut being circled in green. The rest of that "line across" are from the tire gel that I applied a couple days ago.

Here's a shot of the rear negative camber and a shot of the rear gap.

Last edited by mikeee2; 07-09-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:20 PM
I am going above and beyond right now. I currently have Tien working on a project for my car. My shop is amazing and has some badass hook ups which enabled me to do this. It will be done in a couple months. I had to send them each OEM spring rating. I believe they will be 16-way adjustable. I will keep you guys updated.

Jimbo

The following users liked this post:
2004_G35x (06-27-2019)
Old 07-09-2006, 10:17 PM

Rayron, hows your camber in the rear?
here's my camber with s-techs all around.... FL=-1.8, FR=-1.9, RL=-1.9. RR=-2.1
i havent gotten around to redoing the alignment on the rear after putting in the z springs but im assuming it will be a little less since the rear is higher now with the z springs. it will probably come in around -1.7 or so.... just guessing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!