G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I have g35x and just put on some 20's I'm thinking of using the z springs do I need to change my shocks too? Or will just the z springs be ok.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by cbarry55
Alright guys, so until I can do it right I am looking for a mild drop so I dont look like I am 4-wheeling on 20's. If I went just rwd sport suspension I would drop .5" or 1"? After reading every one of these pages I understand the X is about .5" higher than a rwd sedan with regular suspension, and a rwd sedan with sport suspension is .5" lower than the regular rwd sedan? = X with sport suspension would then be about a 1" drop no? I'm also debating if I should go rwd sport springs in the rear and then either coupe or z springs up front. With so many interchangeable spring combos its hard to get it all right. This is a great thread tho.
I'm wondering the same thing. Spent a ton of time on this thread from page 1, learned a lot of great stuff but still kinda in the dark about where the z/coupe springs would leave me in terms of height. Does anyone know how much of a drop in the front and rear that would be? Also could anyone comment on ride quality with set up?

Old 05-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by mcaron
Hey man you seem to be one of the few X's that is REALLY REALLY low so figured id ask you, Front passenger side CV axle, do you "tear" or "rip" the CV boot alot? I cant lower my front anymore because i just keep ripping the boot
I just saw mine is ripped lol. and it looks like grease all over the inside of the wheel well by the bar. lol
How much did u spend on replacing?
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
I have ripped mine twice. Lucky warranty replaced it.
I figured mine ripped cause a rock or something flew up in there, cause its a perfect tear. I said fok it, i'll let it drive like this, but would it cause any harm?
I dont think extended warranty covers it, or does it, engine and drivetrain only lol.

I lowered my car to the floor (literally 1 inch gap) from cross member frame to the floor, I live in brooklyn... On the hwy I went 3 exits and banged the frame on the floor good 10 times. Next morning I raised it up a lil above the front tires. Same hwy, 4 ppl in the car 0 problems now lol. I was literally smacking the cracks on the road. It hurts ur stomach, sounds so bad.

Name:  DSC_5922copy.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  94.9 KB
Name:  DSC_5894copy.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  67.8 KB
Name:  DSC_5895copy.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  62.7 KB
Name:  DSC_5911copy.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  96.1 KB
Name:  DSC_5912copy.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  67.2 KB

Old 05-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I replace mine on my own but they keep tearing, and mine looks like a perfect tear too and i dobut it is from a rock, im like 99% positive mine rip from being too low....

Old 05-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
you guys ever check out raxles.com?

Old 05-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
I replace mine on my own but they keep tearing, and mine looks like a perfect tear too and i dobut it is from a rock, im like 99% positive mine rip from being too low....
how hard was the job?
I prbbly wont even be able to make it into infiniti on these rims, and suspension They'll try blaming and not covering lol

Old 05-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by apintojr
you guys ever check out raxles.com?
do they make axles for our cars? iv3e had vdub guys ask me the same thing becuase i know they use raxles

Old 05-08-2011, 01:47 PM
do they make axles for our cars? iv3e had vdub guys ask me the same thing becuase i know they use raxles
my audi buddy put me up on them also. he told me the guy should make them. shoot him a email or call. mine are still good, so i havent bothered to check it out myself.

i've seen there replacement for audi's. looks exactly the same as OEM, but you can tell the raxles is just made so much better.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Ok guys made a video on what I did for the knock. It was from the top of my head. I said I eliminated some but eliminated mean I got ride of it. So what I am trying to say it helped with one part I but then found a new part. Btw I am riding on swift springs 13k front and 10k rear. Hopefully this video will give you guys a heads up on the knocking noise.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
Ok guys made a video on what I did for the knock. It was from the top of my head. I said I eliminated some but eliminated mean I got ride of it. So what I am trying to say it helped with one part I but then found a new part. Btw I am riding on swift springs 13k front and 10k rear. Hopefully this video will give you guys a heads up on the knocking noise.
big thanks.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:33 PM
GUYS I NEED HELP FAST!!
-I installed my BC Coilovers this weekend. Im sitting "26 inches from the ground to fender. It looks amazing, although after my test drive, my "slip" and "VDC" light are on. Also my steering wheel is angled right when my wheels are straight. MY MAIN PROBLEM IS, I noticed something burning. After test drivvng it i got underneath and it looks like something is spraying from a boot on the drivers side...not sure what boot it is...but its low and 90° to the wheel....anyone have this problem and how do i fix it????????
will upload pics shortly

Old 05-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ Seems like you ripped/tore one of the inner CV boots and the burning smell is the lube leaking on to a hot engine/exhaust component. It smells a bit like burning plastic/rubber. I tore one of mine too so I had my mechanic replace it for $150. Infiniti will only replace the whole unit and the part is well over $600 I believe.
I don't know why your slip/vdc is kicking in.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks Rpm....ill have to look into it...thats what it sounds like is the problem. Do u know how that would have happened??

Old 05-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
When removing the original combined shock&coilspring you have to pull/drop the steering knuckle which pulls the driveshaft. Doing this will stretch the CVJ boot and can cause the tear.
If I'm right, you can reach your hand in to the CVJ boot, in past the wheel well (it's tight but you should be able to squeeze in there) and the tear will be at the top of the rubber CVJ boot.

Edit...if you're lucky (I know you don't feel lucky right now) it will be the 'outer' boot on the wheel side. It's much easier to replace.
Also, at the time...my mechanic told me it's safe to drive it 'temporarily' just as long as you aren't getting dirt in the boot/joint. I siuppose it would depend how badly damage the boot is. I tore about a 1" rip in the top of mine. I still drove it for 2 weeks (about 400-500Km) before fixing it.

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 05-08-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
When removing the original combined shock&coilspring you have to pull/drop the steering knuckle which pulls the driveshaft. Doing this will stretch the CVJ boot and can cause the tear.
If I'm right, you can reach your hand in to the CVJ boot, in past the wheel well (it's tight but you should be able to squeeze in there) and the tear will be at the top of the rubber CVJ boot.

Edit...if you're lucky (I know you don't feel lucky right now) it will be the 'outer' boot on the wheel side. It's much easier to replace.
Also, at the time...my mechanic told me it's safe to drive it 'temporarily' just as long as you aren't getting dirt in the boot/joint. I siuppose it would depend how badly damage the boot is. I tore about a 1" rip in the top of mine. I still drove it for 2 weeks (about 400-500Km) before fixing it.
Dude I appreciate all your help....From the little space I could see with a flash light. THat looks to be about right from what your saying!!. I was going to get an alignment this week, and have them look at it. But Would that have any impact on why my Slip and VDC lights are on? Or would the angle of the steering wheel be the cause of that? Heres a few pics....the wheels are straight and my steering wheel is not...

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-122.jpg   Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-114.jpg   Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-118.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!