G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
BC coilover AWD guys..... with the 255mm rear springs, are you guys happy with the height of the rears full extended?

I'm asking because i have the 230mm and the 255mm is about .85 of an inch taller. I'm not happy with the 230mm fully extended at all. Debating if i should just go 255mm or get another spacer on top of the 255 for the 2 inch increase. Snow clearance is my only issue, at times i do have trouble at stock height.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
length and spring rate are printed on the springs.

I'm trying to get BC to trade me 230mm for 255mm rear springs. Because rear at full height is about a 2-3 inch drop almost.
oh didnt know they were printed on the springs lol are the fronts and rears different? Im going to check them out tomorrow, i really want to get some stiffer swift springs, even with my dampering maxed out, my car still isnt as stiff as i want and still tends to "bounce" alot

Old 01-26-2012, 01:55 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mcaron
oh didnt know they were printed on the springs lol are the fronts and rears different? Im going to check them out tomorrow, i really want to get some stiffer swift springs, even with my dampering maxed out, my car still isnt as stiff as i want and still tends to "bounce" alot
Bounce= damping issue

Stiffer spring = more bounce

Softer spring = less bounce

Only thing you can to is trust BC that if you ask for different damper cores that are valved for stiffer springs, you'll get the added stiffness your after without the same ole bounce issues..

Old 01-26-2012, 03:14 AM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
im perfectly fine with my 200mm height on the rear. and front. Im high as stock in the front maybe even higher and half inch lower in the rear. And I have some more height on my rear springs. But its perfectly fine. So much ground clearance.

Im back on 350z 17s + raised up coils + and dampening on 7. holy **** the comfort. i feel like a towncar with a lot of handling but same comfort lol. I dont feel the road and find my self comin close to tripple digits everyday.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
You can call bc and order them. I have them for the winter season, but wish I had stock. Riding on 13k front and 10k rear not the smoothest over rough winter roads. Plus when I want to lower it down, I have to take them all out and clean because of the sand and crap.
where did u get the 13k for fronts? Did it help you with banging ur A arms up top. Mine sound like gunshots when im slammed lol

I told them 10 times send me 12k F 10k R setup. and got 10k all around. Annoyed.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by iiiiiekoiiiii
im perfectly fine with my 200mm height on the rear. and front. Im high as stock in the front maybe even higher and half inch lower in the rear. And I have some more height on my rear springs. But its perfectly fine. So much ground clearance.

Im back on 350z 17s + raised up coils + and dampening on 7. holy **** the comfort. i feel like a towncar with a lot of handling but same comfort lol. I dont feel the road and find my self comin close to tripple digits everyday.
fronts i have no issues with period. They are a good height, rears is were my issue is. fully raised up is a joke. I think i'm going with teh 255mm springs.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM
where did u get the 13k for fronts? Did it help you with banging ur A arms up top. Mine sound like gunshots when im slammed lol

I told them 10 times send me 12k F 10k R setup. and got 10k all around. Annoyed.
that exactly what i want to be fixed lol the front a-arms banging noise. i have my dampering all the way up, everythings good, stock a-arms and it still knocks like a ****. So im wondering ifthe 13k front swift springs would help because i want to go lower

Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
fronts i have no issues with period. They are a good height, rears is were my issue is. fully raised up is a joke. I think i'm going with teh 255mm springs.
really My rear is pretty high with 200mm springs...
I was on 220mm springs in the rear it was higher then stock.
But when It came to slammin for Summer 220 was too tall, then Rear cartridges werent short enough. But Bc sent me new ones. =}

that exactly what i want to be fixed lol the front a-arms banging noise. i have my dampering all the way up, everythings good, stock a-arms and it still knocks like a ****. So im wondering ifthe 13k front swift springs would help because i want to go lower
Yup. I ride slammed 8-9 months of the year. So I always wanna go lower but 10k In the front my A arms keep smackin the top, even with the dampening on 32. So I have to Give some room

Old 01-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Really looking to drop my X on BC's but I just got a couple questions. By lowering my G(2-3inches) lets say with just maybe coils and front/rear camber kit, what problems/issues would I run into as far as parts failing goes. I've read something about the cv boots repeatedly tearing and having to be replaced. Also what other suspension components would need to be upgraded to minimize issues down the line due to lowering. Sorry If this sounds like a noobish question but I don't want to dump money on coils and then keep having to dump more money on top repairing issues that were a result of lowering. If any of you just have coils and camber kits, what suspension components have you had to replace since lowering?

Old 01-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by BuzzLightYear
Really looking to drop my X on BC's but I just got a couple questions. By lowering my G(2-3inches) lets say with just maybe coils and front/rear camber kit, what problems/issues would I run into as far as parts failing goes. I've read something about the cv boots repeatedly tearing and having to be replaced. Also what other suspension components would need to be upgraded to minimize issues down the line due to lowering. Sorry If this sounds like a noobish question but I don't want to dump money on coils and then keep having to dump more money on top repairing issues that were a result of lowering. If any of you just have coils and camber kits, what suspension components have you had to replace since lowering?
It puts a wear on all the suspension components of the car. Some get lucky and never need to replace anything so some are unlucky and need front axle boots every 6 months. While we cant exactly say why the boot is torn. Boots can tear at normal ride height as well. I would say axles boots, balljoints and compression rod bushings are more common items to replace when lowering.

First thing you will most likely lose or damage is that plastic underbody sheild. I'm sure more then half of us are on damaged ones or replaced ones.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:06 PM
BTW i think i might have a fix to the Passanger side CV bot ripping from being too low.......i went to rockauto.com and bought a few diffeant CV boots off differant cars, that had differant designs/shapes that looked liek they would fit coth ends of the CV boot. and the other day i put a subaru boot on, i looked upnder the car and the boot looks like itt have very little stress on it, hopfully it works

Old 01-27-2012, 10:27 PM
BTW i think i might have a fix to the Passanger side CV bot ripping from being too low.......i went to rockauto.com and bought a few diffeant CV boots off differant cars, that had differant designs/shapes that looked liek they would fit coth ends of the CV boot. and the other day i put a subaru boot on, i looked upnder the car and the boot looks like itt have very little stress on it, hopfully it works
i feel like double bootin mine lol

Old 01-28-2012, 12:13 AM
i feel like double bootin mine lol
haha would never work, still too much stress on that boot, once summer comes im going lower and we will see how this boot hold up, but honestly it looks like theres alot of play with the boot, which is good so it doesnt rip. With the stock boot at the angle it was at, it looked like if i touched it with my finger that it was going to explode lol

Hopfully this works so us X guys can fix this problem, just gotta remember which boot it was i used :P i have like 4 other differant ones from other cars sitting in my room that dont fit lol

Old 01-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Lmfao great. U shouldve taken notes man. I just installed 2 new ones and passenger side is ripped alrdy from riding slammed .
Didnt get a look at the passenger side one. Its pretty annoying lol

Old 01-28-2012, 04:59 PM
well lemme give the the link or item # to the one im useing, fits like stock, just a little longer and has differant bends. Seems good so far, im riding slammed in the winter, just drove it thru the recent snow storm in 5 inchs of snow being 2-3 inchs off the ground, and the boot is still good...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!