G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
yes!!!!!!!!!!!
CHICKEN FREAKING DINNER!!!!

this has been something most of us AWD guys has been waiting for!!!

Old 11-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006g35xsilver
All your cambers are pretty negative which would wear the insides of the tires more (not sure to the extent but basing that on my car's specs rec. around -1 as limit all around). Your toe looks fine, although it could be lower in the rear.
That camber isn't really all that bad. Not enough to give you extreme wear. Just normal wear, keep in mind G/Z's stock have some camber issues.

Maybe you had a problem before you installed it. What was the orginal camber settings when you first rolled in before an alignment. I would like to see those numbers to have a better idea of what was wrong.

I came into the shop with 2.5 camber and about 5 degrees of toe on one of my rears. But thats because i installed the toe bolt incorrectly, i just got it in because i knew i was going to align it same day. I drove with all the ABS TC and w/e lights on. Those tires would of been toast if i had to go 150miles.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
hey guys I'm wanting to put in my H&R springs and at the same time put in my SPC front A arms and rear camber arms oh and compression rod bushings.

I'm wanting to know if I can do all that and wait a few days before getting it aligned while I wait for the springs to settle. I don't want to run right out get it aligned then the springs settle more and change the alignment.

I was thinking as long as I didn't do the rear toe bolts until right before I go get alignment then I could drive with out alignment for a few days. Front toe shouldn't change with SPC front A arms right ?

Last edited by 68_GT; 11-19-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:58 PM
I feel like I've destroyed my car !!!

I pulled off both calipers and rotors to do new pads and rotors
I pulled off both compression rods to replace the bushings with ER bushings
I pulled off both front upper A arms to replace witht he SPC arms
I pulled off the pass side axel shaft to replace the CV boot
I pulled off both struts assemblies to replace with H&R springs and new Monroe replacement struts since I couldn't find the KYB GR2 struts. May put them in another time.

what a freakin mess !!!!! I'm going to try a DIY thread on pulling the axel shafts since I couldn't find one on here. I got a Nissan boot kit for $20.

I had a shop replace the CV boot and grease it all back up and put the new springs on my new struts for $98 I don't have air tools and on Saturday at 4:00pm I was getting nervous about having the car back together for work Monday so I just went and had it done but I probably would attempt the CV boot anyhow since I didn't have the tools for the clamps.

Now if I can figure out how in hell to remove the OEM compression bushings !!!!! I went to rent a c clamp press for ball joints but couldn't figure it out. I think it was the wrong tool ??????

tomorrow I'll put it all back together and do the rear SPC camber arms and rear H&R springs. I may leave out the toe bolt part for now so the springs can settle then put them in just before alignment.

Last edited by 68_GT; 11-19-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:21 PM
here's a DIY I just did on AWD front CV shaft removal to replace the shaft or replace a CV boot

https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetr...ml#post6219852

Old 11-20-2011, 08:54 PM
I just put in SPC camber arms and new rear H&R springs. Took maybe an hour including jacking the car up and pulling the tires off etc..

anyway I didnt do the toe bolts yet because I want my new springs to settle for a week or so before I go get alignment.

my question is..is there anyway the camber arms could have changed my toe, or maybe even by changing my springs somehow ????? by looking at it all put back together it looks like the rear tires now point inward ?????

Old 12-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone Help.

I am an idiot when it comes to cars really, This just looks like 140 pages of jibberish.
Someone that knows whats up please pm me about the best springs to lower an 05 g35x
Not to the ground, but enough to be tasteful and not hurt the ride too bad.

Thank you very much in advance

Houston

Old 12-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Hcp911
I am an idiot when it comes to cars really, This just looks like 140 pages of jibberish.
Someone that knows whats up please pm me about the best springs to lower an 05 g35x
Not to the ground, but enough to be tasteful and not hurt the ride too bad.

Thank you very much in advance

Houston

I own an '05 G35X and am happy with the setup I have. Currently have H&R sport springs with custom adjustable shocks (to control ride comfort). This is my daily driver, so if you're looking for a nice stance/look being lowered but not too low to clear speed bumps or snow, I highly recommend. They're made in Germany, hug turns well, and ride with a 50/50 luxury/sport feel. I maybe selling my whole setup soon though to go for the 'slammed' look, since I just moved to CA...not sure yet.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by drifterxG
I own an '05 G35X and am happy with the setup I have. Currently have H&R sport springs with custom adjustable shocks (to control ride comfort). This is my daily driver, so if you're looking for a nice stance/look being lowered but not too low to clear speed bumps or snow, I highly recommend. They're made in Germany, hug turns well, and ride with a 50/50 luxury/sport feel. I maybe selling my whole setup soon though to go for the 'slammed' look, since I just moved to CA...not sure yet.
This is exactly what i want, and i would like the used price as long as they are in good shape. Let me know, would have to be shipped ofc, and this is my daily driver, just to campus and back though.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
This is exactly what i want, and i would like the used price as long as they are in good shape. Let me know, would have to be shipped ofc, and this is my daily driver, just to campus and back though.
Not sure how much I'd sell the springs for yet. They're in perfect shape and didn't put more than 20,000 miles on them or drive in harsh conditions. I'd most likely sell the suspension as a set. How soon are you looking to buy?

Old 12-08-2011, 10:00 AM
I just put H&R's on my X it's perfect for a daily driver. I read through a lot of this thread first and that was my choice rather than get into coil overs. I come from modding high horsepower Mustangs and Cobras and alot of guys on SVTPerformance have been running H&R springs on those cars too with a perfect stance. I love the srpings and I can't imagine going any lower for a daily driver but it took the 4X4 look off the car and it rides very nice sporty but not bouncy.

I also put on SPC front A arms, and SPC rear camber arms and toe bolts to get the alignment right so I don't go through tires. I bought them from TH Motorsports a vendor on here for the best price $525 total and put it all on in my driveway super easy just takes some time. I took my front struts to a shop and had them put the new springs front springs on front Monroe replacement struts whiel I was at it since I'm at 80K miles. I would have done it my self if I wan't lazy and had air tools to compress the spring but to me it was monery well spent.

I'll get some pics up soon just need to wash it first. I just paid $281 for my new springs shipped from an ebay seller in Dallas.

Last edited by 68_GT; 12-08-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by 68_GT
I just put H&R's on my X it's perfect for a daily driver. I read through a lot of this thread first and that was my choice rather than get into coil overs. I come from modding high horsepower Mustangs and Cobras and alot of guys on SVTPerformance have been running H&R springs on those cars too with a perfect stance. I love the srpings and I can't imagine going any lower for a daily driver but it took the 4X4 look off the car and it rides very nice sporty but not bouncy.

I also put on SPC front A arms, and SPC rear camber arms and toe bolts to get the alignment right so I don't go through tires. I bought them from TH Motorsports a vendor on here for the best price $525 total and put it all on in my driveway super easy just takes some time. I took my front struts to a shop and had them put the new springs front springs on front Monroe replacement struts whiel I was at it since I'm at 80K miles. I would have done it my self if I wan't lazy and had air tools to compress the spring but to me it was monery well spent.

I'll get some pics up soon just need to wash it first. I just paid $281 for my new springs shipped from an ebay seller in Dallas.
I actually got this car instead of an 01 cobra...

I would love to see the pics, im for sure going to put springs on my x just cant decide which ones yet.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 AM
depending on your needs that was prob the better decision to get the G. 01 Cobras aren't that impressive anyway. Now an 03-04 Cobra is a whole different animal !!!!! I had an 03 Cobra engine and interior in my 98 Cobra. Made 500 RWHP on motor and 600RHWP with a NX wet shot

I'll get a 03-04 Cobra eventually I miss scarring the crap out of my wife ha ha 0-120
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=MOV00678.mp4

Old 12-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 68_GT
I just put in SPC camber arms and new rear H&R springs. Took maybe an hour including jacking the car up and pulling the tires off etc..

anyway I didnt do the toe bolts yet because I want my new springs to settle for a week or so before I go get alignment.

my question is..is there anyway the camber arms could have changed my toe, or maybe even by changing my springs somehow ????? by looking at it all put back together it looks like the rear tires now point inward ?????
Yes and yes . . . any time you unbolt parts holding the axle/wheel they will end up possibly changing your alignment specs. If you're hugely off in the rear you should notice it in the way the car feels, especially with the toe way in on both sides.

That's why you really need to get an alignment after doing any of these mods/do all of them at once before getting an alignment. I got lifetime alignment from Firestone so that I don't have to worry about the cost from now on . . . even if you just lower the car you will probably impact alignment, especially camber. There's also the curse of the rubber bushings-they keep the ride quiet/cushy but as soon as you start loosening/re-installing stuff using them as joints you are likely throwing your alignment specs off and need it re-adjusted after everything is tight.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:27 PM
I actually got this car instead of an 01 cobra...

I would love to see the pics, im for sure going to put springs on my x just cant decide which ones yet.
here you go a few pics of my 04 G35X with H&R 2WD Sedan springs installed. The car has about 1/2 tank of gas. It seems to sit more level with less gas and more down in the rear with more gas in the tank. Also these wheels are just 18's with 235/40 Yokohamas.

Name:  SAM_0792.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  71.3 KB
Name:  SAM_0793.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  74.5 KB
Name:  SAM_0795.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  77.5 KB

The following users liked this post:
ArkansasG35COUPE (12-20-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!