G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that's good to know.

I just put my G35x up on a lift today to figure out what the big deal was with all the dif suspension and exaust threads...Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to roll the fenders once i saw them so I'm thinking I'll get the spacers but stick with 8.5's in the rear, its AWD I don't need the extra traction that bad. While I had it up on the lift i noticed the reason we have a Y pipe instead of the T is because out tranny sits a little lower the NJ pot holes could be a problem with a big drop...I'm getting bit by the bug now, intake went on today, Now it lets me launch a 3000 instead of trying to stall around two, (its and auto) big difference in the over all feel wouldn't make any hp claims though...Rims, exaust plenum headers and cats next.

Glad we have som many members on here because I'm constantlyy getting questions...hope i have some answers...

Old 10-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A drop can be a bit of a hazard particularly if it's a daily driver, and frankly I think you're bound to have some kind of mishap with it sooner or later, but you just hope it's really minor. With Stillen cold air intake, plenum spacer, and cat back exhaust I think my HP gains have been really pretty minimal, but sound difference is of course obvious. Suspension and Brake upgrades is what I've noticed most. From what I've read if you get a good custom ECM tune you may be better gains from your breather mods, but that also is quite expensive, and in many locations not easy or impossible to find.

Tilf

Old 10-23-2009, 05:23 PM
New Wheels Photo

Put these on today.

Tilf

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-dsc_0768.jpg   Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-dsc_0769.jpg  
Old 10-23-2009, 10:50 PM
^Looks awesome...What are the specs on those rims?

Old 10-24-2009, 12:01 AM
They're 18 inch Axis Circuit 16.7lb rims

Old 10-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by manbart
Put these on today.

Tilf
I was going to get the Axis Halo's thought and the super hiro's and the circut but I i changed my mind, I'm going the get something with a chrome lip and 5 black spokes, then while I'm putting everything else on the Nismo Skyline wheels or a set of Gram Lights.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Put these on today.

Tilf
beautiful car, Btw...

Old 10-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Chrome to Black

I found a good local shop who will "professionally" paint my grill black leaving the Mount Fuji Infiniti symbol chrome. He says he will do it right and charge just under $200. He also would if I want paint all the chrome around the doors and paint the door handles black, and debadge he rear. He says he will do it right and will guarantee it against flaking etc, but can't guarantee that there won't be some scratches at some point. However I think scratches in flat black could be easily be touched up The full "black job" would however add up and cost at least another $800 in addition to the $200 for the grill. I think it would look really good to have the car Diamond Graphite body color, and all the chrome black, and the wheels black with the red line. I'll have to give it some thought.

Tilf

Old 10-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I found a good local shop who will "professionally" paint my grill black leaving the Mount Fuji Infiniti symbol chrome. He says he will do it right and charge just under $200. He also would if I want paint all the chrome around the doors and paint the door handles black, and debadge he rear. He says he will do it right and will guarantee it against flaking etc, but can't guarantee that there won't be some scratches at some point. However I think scratches in flat black could be easily be touched up The full "black job" would however add up and cost at least another $800 in addition to the $200 for the grill. I think it would look really good to have the car Diamond Graphite body color, and all the chrome black, and the wheels black with the red line. I'll have to give it some thought.

Tilf
Painting the Grille black looks good if you paint the headlights black too. And debadging is something that you should do yourself. Id recommend painting the doorhandles the same color as the car though, not black. The chrome trim is something that you can do with vinyl, but on DG its not that big of a deal. Id rather see a nismo front and rear than black trim

Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I think your right about the door handles. I've heard the debadging is not difficult but I really don't know how to go about it.

Tilf

Old 10-24-2009, 06:34 PM
I just looked at a video about debadging. It doesn't look difficult at all. I'd just have to pick up a little hair dryer. It's mostly a question of getting the left over adhesive off not the chrome pieces themselves

Tilf

Old 10-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
quick question!
With the bc coilovers, they come with struts and shocks? How long would it last?
What are the difference between struts and shocks?
What does the 05 g35x have?
Also with the bc coilovers can we raise the car to stock height? like during the snow season?
thanks.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
^ yes, it's shocks and springs. You can raise and lower it as much as you want on Coils. I have BC racing for RWD and i just raised it for the winter.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I am sorry if this is a repost, but I looked through about 1/3 of the posts in this thread, and my conclusion is there's no aftermarket shocks for the front and the rears are universal with other g and z models. I am thinking to pick up a set of Z/couple springs setup. What do you guys think about the drop and whether the stock shocks would handle them in the long run? I am also worried about hitting my tranny on potholes, so just want to get a feel as to how they ride and sit.
thanks!

Old 10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
I live in snow country too, so I'm not going to drop my X more than ½"-1" total. Here's a side shot of mine with 245/45-18's on Coupe 18's, stock suspension.

I measured the tire gap with new tires on stock suspension, and there's 1.875" in the back and 2.5" in the front. I'm going to drop mine with Sedan Sport springs in the back and Coupe springs in the front. Should give me about ½" drop in the back and 1" in the front, and should make the tire gaps almost even (1.375" R and 1.5" F). I don't want anything more than that because of the winter driving and I don't want to buy a camber kit. If you drop too far, you'll have to roll for sure. My fronts are just a tad ouside the wheel well.

BTW, get 245/45's. There's a far better selection of tires available. 235/45 is an odd size. I went with Bridgestone RE760 Sports, but they're only for summer. I have Nokian WR G2's on my stock 17's for winter.
Did you ever end up installing the Coupe/Sedan Sport springs? I have a set of Sedan Sport rears sitting in my garage, but haven't gotten around to ordering any Coupe fronts yet. Since it's supposedly easy to do, I might just install the rears sometime next week to see if there is any drop at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!