G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by danoman32
Just checked the application guide, nothing listed from what I saw.
Contact Luke from THMotorsports. They are the only one you can order them for the X.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Should be installing them this weekend.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:31 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Fortune auto

Sweet and you have swift springs. Post pics when you get them installed. What did these run you? Any reason you choose these over BC's. Just curious.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:03 PM
Sweet and you have swift springs. Post pics when you get them installed. What did these run you? Any reason you choose these over BC's. Just curious.
They were 1450 in total with the swift springs. Chose these cause a member of a group Im part of just kept talking about how good they are. He has them on his v36 sedan. They also have a 5 year warranty and built in the USA. They also use Amsoil. Just seemed better than the BCs. Will post pics once installed. Hoping to install them this Saturday.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banikid
They were 1450 in total with the swift springs. Chose these cause a member of a group Im part of just kept talking about how good they are. He has them on his v36 sedan. They also have a 5 year warranty and built in the USA. They also use Amsoil. Just seemed better than the BCs. Will post pics once installed. Hoping to install them this Saturday.
I'd argue the quality is better on the Fortune suspension than the BC set up.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by StuttersC
They are very well built. Never used or held a BC coil so didnt want to be unfair in that part. Little update got the rears installed yesterday but im currently fighting a very bad cold and couldn't begin the fronts. Might attempt today if my friend lets me use the garage cause I dont have one and its pretty much going to rain all day.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by StuttersC
Do you own these or just blowing smoke?

Old 07-29-2015, 05:09 PM
They are very well built. Never used or held a BC coil so didnt want to be unfair in that part. Little update got the rears installed yesterday but im currently fighting a very bad cold and couldn't begin the fronts. Might attempt today if my friend lets me use the garage cause I dont have one and its pretty much going to rain all day.
Can the ride height be adjusted at the mounting point/ bottom of the coil over? Have you installed the fronts yet?

Old 07-31-2015, 07:00 PM
Can the ride height be adjusted at the mounting point/ bottom of the coil over? Have you installed the fronts yet?
Yea they both can be adjusted by the bottom. The front is a bit annoying since the bracket for the brake line is above the collar that you losen to adjust. You gotta losen the bracket so you can adjust it. Im horrible at explaining im sorry lol.

Update of my installation. I did the fronts but have yet to drive on them. I screwed up the strut mount control arm bolt so now I have to find another one. Waiting to hear back from some guy parting one out and hopefully pick it up tomorrow.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:16 PM
Yea they both can be adjusted by the bottom. The front is a bit annoying since the bracket for the brake line is above the collar that you losen to adjust. You gotta losen the bracket so you can adjust it. Im horrible at explaining im sorry lol.

Update of my installation. I did the fronts but have yet to drive on them. I screwed up the strut mount control arm bolt so now I have to find another one. Waiting to hear back from some guy parting one out and hopefully pick it up tomorrow.
That's good to hear, should be able to keep the ride nice and plush while lowered.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Do you own these or just blowing smoke?
I don't own either set, yet. Not blowing smoke, I am basing my opinion on having seen other BC suspension products versus Fortune stuff.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:31 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
^ lol.

How's that any kind of personal experience and input. It's like saying, "I heard from a guy, who was told from a guy, that knew this other guy and said his buddy had a set of just the BC's. So I will vouch for just those because they're just better from what I've heard."

Old 08-09-2015, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by re-crue13
^ lol.

How's that any kind of personal experience and input. It's like saying, "I heard from a guy, who was told from a guy, that knew this other guy and said his buddy had a set of just the BC's. So I will vouch for just those because they're just better from what I've heard."

Okay...You are right, you are not able to form an opinion with out owning everything.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:29 PM
So everything is finally installed. Haven't really gotten the time (time is not my best friend as of late) to play around much with the height and dampers but so far so good. Rear sits half inch higher than the front since I just noticed my driveway aint perfectly leveled. Front is a bit too low for my liking so gotta raise it up. Hopefully on Wednesday Ill get this all done.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:10 AM
Whats up G's ??
I have myself a 2005 G35x which i just added some 18x8 SE-r rims looking to lower the car just not sure my best option? Could I purchase a Megan racing lower springs off a 2006 350z and apply to my car?

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-img_1380.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!