G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:34 AM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Adhdmax
Hey guys been reading thru this thread I have a 04 tb g35x wanna get the eibach springs how often have those that had them had to change the axles thanks
Being lowered on springs, you'll rarely have to change your axles. If anything just your bearings around 100k miles and keep an eye on your front axle boots. They tend to dry rot quickly on the east coast.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my coils in for my x. What's the easiest way to install them. There is a c shaped arm at the bottom of the front strut. Is the wonky way to install them to go and remoe this? Thanks guy.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:00 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Its been a while since i've posted here, sold my spring setup and coilover setups because i thought i was done with the car and was going to sell to a family member. Things didn't work out so i've kept the car. Fenders are rolled already from my old setup with coilovers.

Looking for lower it some, nothing close to what i had it before. I still need it for a complete daily drive. I still have a lot of stuff i didn't sell so i kinda wanna make use of them.

I have revised coupe springs and rear shocks and 350z h-techs.

Found some shots of X's on coupe only and a few on 350z. I installed the rear H tech springs and its so much lower on my car then the pictures i've seen. I barely have a finger gap and thats because of the camber. I'm going to install the H-Techs fronts probably this weekend.

I want to do something to the rear if possible because i bottomed out twice on the rears and I think it will be rubbing when i put on my 265 rear tires. My thoughts were to go with new shocks, KYB seems to be the cheapest and made for the AWD models at $30 each. If i rub i might do a H-tech front and Coupe rear setup.

What do you guy think? Coilovers i know would be the best options, but this car has maybe half to 1.5 years left with me as the owner. So i rather not drop the coin. Should i go with the KYB rear shocks or look for something a little more firmer in hopes of not bottoming out. The H-tech rears gives its a great drop, but i keep bottoming out i'll going to have to give it up. Ive read a couple of post saying the tokico blues are too soft and the KYB are more firm. I figure stock shocks are about 100k and used up

Old 04-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
Its been a while since i've posted here, sold my spring setup and coilover setups because i thought i was done with the car and was going to sell to a family member. Things didn't work out so i've kept the car. Fenders are rolled already from my old setup with coilovers.

Looking for lower it some, nothing close to what i had it before. I still need it for a complete daily drive. I still have a lot of stuff i didn't sell so i kinda wanna make use of them.

I have revised coupe springs and rear shocks and 350z h-techs.

Found some shots of X's on coupe only and a few on 350z. I installed the rear H tech springs and its so much lower on my car then the pictures i've seen. I barely have a finger gap and thats because of the camber. I'm going to install the H-Techs fronts probably this weekend.

I want to do something to the rear if possible because i bottomed out twice on the rears and I think it will be rubbing when i put on my 265 rear tires. My thoughts were to go with new shocks, KYB seems to be the cheapest and made for the AWD models at $30 each. If i rub i might do a H-tech front and Coupe rear setup.

What do you guy think? Coilovers i know would be the best options, but this car has maybe half to 1.5 years left with me as the owner. So i rather not drop the coin. Should i go with the KYB rear shocks or look for something a little more firmer in hopes of not bottoming out. The H-tech rears gives its a great drop, but i keep bottoming out i'll going to have to give it up. Ive read a couple of post saying the tokico blues are too soft and the KYB are more firm. I figure stock shocks are about 100k and used up

I'm dropped on 350z H. Tech all the way around, the drop is even but the rear fender lip sits lower than my front. I still have OEM camber arms and OEM 19's with 255/35/19 in the rear, no rolled fenders and no rubbing.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Sorry but I am new to infiniti and for all of the questions. This is my first G35x. How come 350z lowering springs are being used? Well there be any customization needed? I currently have 245 40 19 fronts and 255 40 19 in rear. Will the car rub?

Should I replace my shocks?

Old 04-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Most of us are lowered on Search coils
I was thinking the same thing! All of the questions that have made up the last ~10 posts have been answered years ago on this very thread... Or in the sticky dedicated to X owners... Or in the Bio's of us X owners...

Old 04-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by re-crue13
I'm dropped on 350z H. Tech all the way around, the drop is even but the rear fender lip sits lower than my front. I still have OEM camber arms and OEM 19's with 255/35/19 in the rear, no rolled fenders and no rubbing.

You have any brighter pix of the front?

Old 04-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
Here's a better one

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-image.jpg  
Old 04-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by re-crue13
Here's a better one

So pretty much 0-1 finger gap in the rear and 1-2 finger gap in the front?

Old 05-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Hey, a little of topic but need some help.
2004 g35x sedan
Looking to drop the car, came with almost brand new kyb g-rated struts and brand new tires unsure of brand. Basically just want to put some springs where I wont destroy my suspension in a month. About a 1.5 in the front and 1.3 in back for that aggressive look. Most likely going to keep stock 17" for now save up for something nice. Any suggestions for a set of springs where handling will increase but wont be too bumpy. I drive about 25 miles in total a day so wont put to much stress on a daily basis.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Elkhan Yakubov
Hey, a little of topic but need some help.
2004 g35x sedan
Looking to drop the car, came with almost brand new kyb g-rated struts and brand new tires unsure of brand. Basically just want to put some springs where I wont destroy my suspension in a month. About a 1.5 in the front and 1.3 in back for that aggressive look. Most likely going to keep stock 17" for now save up for something nice. Any suggestions for a set of springs where handling will increase but wont be too bumpy. I drive about 25 miles in total a day so wont put to much stress on a daily basis.
H&R Springs have a good spring rate. From experience they handle well, lower just right, and not too stiff of a ride.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:26 PM
Thanks appropriate it, only thing i heard with the awd you end up hitting the transfer case with the h n r's heard anything about it?

Old 05-24-2015, 12:28 PM
also i looked for hnr's they only have em for the rwd models.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Elkhan Yakubov
Thanks appropriate it, only thing i heard with the awd you end up hitting the transfer case with the h n r's heard anything about it?
I've never heard of that...considering I've driven on H&R springs for a year. Now I'm even lower...on BC Racing Coilovers. If anything you'll hit subframe before anything. Or rear exhaust bend before muffler.

I'm not sure where you can buy H&R springs for an X anymore. Eibach would be another alternative.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by drifterxG
I've never heard of that...considering I've driven on H&R springs for a year. Now I'm even lower...on BC Racing Coilovers. If anything you'll hit subframe before anything. Or rear exhaust bend before muffler.

I'm not sure where you can buy H&R springs for an X anymore. Eibach would be another alternative.
Highly recommend you get the BC Racing c/o's for an X. The X has such a limited option for front shocks, very few companies make them that are compatible with the AWD front end. When I did it a couple years ago on my 06 there were really only 2 options for the front of an X, either OEM equivalent or c/o's. Not sure if that has changed.

A little more expensive in the near term, but if you throw some lower springs on and your ride is way too cushy over bumps you will want to stiffen up your shocks-and then you'll probably have to buy the c/o's anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!