G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Stock tires are bald after only 15K and the dealer won't replace them

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Stock tires are bald after only 15K and the dealer won't replace them

So after only 15K miles on our 05 G35 sedan, the rear tires are BALD. Took the car to a tire shop and they said the rear alignment is out. So I took it to Infiniti and they were so incredibly rude they have made me never want to buy another Inifniti again. They basically told me that we should have had the tires rotated at 7500 miles so its our fault. I can't belive how rude they were and how little they cared. They told me there is no rear alignment on the car so its probably just a bad set of tires. They then said theres a 0 mileage warranty on the tires so we are screwed.

Is there any way to make them replace the tires or am I screwed? Its going to be almost $1,000 bucks for four of the Bridgestone Turanza ER33 18" tires. I'm extremely dissapointed with the service I received. I get much better service when we take our Maxima to Nissan which is really sad because their service is nothing to brag about. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy from Parkway Infiniti in Valencia because once they have your money, they could care less about you. And it seemed as though I knew more about the car than their mechanic did!

Old 08-02-2006, 06:24 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Youre most likely SOL. But that would be the case no matter where or what kind of car you bought. Rotate those TIRES!!!! I have stock suspension and rotate my tires like crazy.

Are you auto or manual?

Old 08-02-2006, 06:27 PM
order 4 tires from tirerack. Kumho Ecsta SPT.

total cost shipped to your door should be around 500.

Install and balance will run you 95.

The Bridgestone Turanzas are crap for their treadwear rating. 140AA is basically 12-15k milage if your lucky.

The Kumho's are rated 320AAA which should last you 22-25k. It has very good reviews.

BTW which infiniti did you take the car to?

Last edited by soaped; 08-02-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Its autotragic. I'm just extremely dissatisfied with Infiniti's attitude most of all. I remember a few years ago a family member had a bad tire on her Lexus and Lexus replaced the tire without putting up a fight. As much as I love our G35, I think my next car will be something else because service is very important to me. They could have been a lot more polite than they were.

It was Parkway Infiniti in Valencia.
And tirerack seems to have limited tires in 235/45-18. Maybe I'll just throw some cheap Kumhos on there and call it a day.

Last edited by 05 G35; 08-02-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Don't let loser dealerships deter you! There are plenty of good dealerships around.

I've edited my post above to reflect your 18" rims (I thought you had 17" sedan).

Old 08-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
It is your responsibility to rotate your tires and keep an eye on them for uneven wear patterns. Tires are a "wear item" and the only warranty that they have is for defects. If you can prove there was a defect in the tires then you may be able to get Bridgestone to give you a new set. But you could hit one big pothole or curb and mess up your alignment so it is not Infiniti's responsibility.

Don't buy a new set of the same tires just get another set in the same size with a much higher treadwear rating.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Did you get the optional tire warranty? Do you still have at least 2/32" of tread left? Your tires just might have to run over something.

I can tell you from experience that these tires SUCK! I only got 25K out of mine and they cost BIG TIME! DO NOT replace them with the same tire! I put Goodyear 245 45 18 RS-A's on mine and I love it. Big MEATS! Work well in the rain. MUCH less noise.

BTW, Infiniti is correct, you MUST rotate them to get the most mileage from them and there is no rear alignment on this car. You have to change the toe struts to adjustable ones. You wore them out with your right foot.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
there are differences between dealerships and the quality of service you will receive. however, 15 k on rear tires on a higher horsepower car is not that unusual. also, the dealer has a point. if your tires wore unevely (camber was off...there is no toe adjustment for the rear), or if your rear tires were low at 5000k miles and you brought it to their attention then, you may have had a valid issue. taking two completely bald rear tires to your dealership only tells them that you stomp on the gas at every opportunity (whether that is true or not).

Old 08-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
why would anyone replace your REAR tires at 15K? do you seriously think anyone would do that for you? you probably were very demanding and defensive with the dealership and that's why you got the boot. I don't have any sympathy for you or anyone that likes to go around badmouthing a dealership, just because you didn't get your way. Familiarize yourself with the car and learn what's needed to maintain it.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Turanzas suck!

Wow, not much sympathy, huh? Personally, I feel for you, but consider it a blessing. The Horrenza ER33's are THE WORST TIRES EVER MADE! How could Infiniti make such a blunder on an otherwise stellar car. So now you have a good excuse to put some decent sport tires on there. So quit bellyaching and start shopping!

-T

Old 08-02-2006, 10:45 PM
thanks for the comments guys, minus chicos babbling nonsense.

I just got back from Santa Monica Infiniti and talked to the manager. He agreed that the tires were defective and shouldnt have worn that quickly. He also said hes never seen tires go so bald so fast and thought something was wrong with the car. Needless to say everything checked out and they replaced the tires free of charge!!! They replaced all four tires even though the back ones were the only ones that really needed replacing. The service there was 1000x better. I will never go back to Parkway Infniti again.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:47 PM
oh btw, they put Michelin Pilots on, which were the only tires they had in stock for that size.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but tire rotation is your responsibility. And 15k out of a set of tires, without rotation, is not bad at all. Those are not defective tires. I rotated my tires on my 05 6MT twice, once at 4k and another at 8k. At 11k miles, they had maybe 50% tread left.

I bought kumho ecsta asx(all seasons). After 15k, they are shot. All of them. Face it man, you've got a moderately powerful rear wheel rive sports sedan. You're going to go through tires.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:18 PM
i didnt think we could rotate our tires since they are different sizes?

Old 08-03-2006, 12:43 AM
I understand what you guys are saying about rotating. I do rotate my tires as often as i can remember, and I know its important, but the tires were clearly defective. They were down to the metal belt. There may indeed be a problem with the car but who knows. We will find out on the next set of tires. As for the power of the car depleting the tires excuse, not completely true. When we sold our lexus ls430 with 23K miles on it, the tires still had about 30% tread left.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stock tires are bald after only 15K and the dealer won't replace them