G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 vs. STi vs. EVO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by superb16
And flush your warranty straight down the toilet.
Uhhh...tell that to all the people in this site with SC's and turbo kits... WHO CARES [about warranty]???

besides, they have to prove that the SC or turbokit did the damage or else by law they cant refuse you the warranty

Old 08-29-2006, 12:13 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by deadbolt
i went to the subaru dealer today and some dude came in iwth a black sti. he tells me and my homie that he smokes evos and with little mods that he does, he gains a grip of hp. i understand that some cars dont gain much power with mods while some cars do. is the g35 obtain power easily with mods?
No. The G35 performance gains with anything other than forced induction are minimal. Bolt-ons (to me) aren't worth the money you spend - a few grand = a couple of tenths in the quarter. You will be eaten alive by modded Evos and Stis, both of which respond well to inexpensive (by comparison) mods. You'll likely be beaten by stock ones too, depending on the distance you're racing.

Sounds like you're looking for a car to go street racing in with your buddies. If that's the case, please don't buy a G, our insurance rates are bad enough and there are already enough fan boys out there giving the car a bad name.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Uhhh...tell that to all the people in this site with SC's and turbo kits... WHO CARES [about warranty]???

besides, they have to prove that the SC or turbokit did the damage or else by law they cant refuse you the warranty
Who cares about the warranty? Those here who aren't made of money.

Dealers can make your life miserable when it comes to warranty work and forced induction. You're right, they SHOULDN'T deny repairs unless the damage can be proven to be caused by your mods. Unfortunately, they don't all play by the rules and can waste weeks of your life playing games. Most folks don't have Infiniti dealerships on every street corner to run between - often the easiest way to get repairs when denied is to go to a mod friendly dealer - they are out there. Alternately, my closest dealer is 2.5 hours away. Not a game I would want to play with my primary means of transportation.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Who cares about the warranty? Those here who aren't made of money.

Dealers can make your life miserable when it comes to warranty work and forced induction. You're right, they SHOULDN'T deny repairs unless the damage can be proven to be caused by your mods. Unfortunately, they don't all play by the rules and can waste weeks of your life playing games. Most folks don't have Infiniti dealerships on every street corner to run between - often the easiest way to get repairs when denied is to go to a mod friendly dealer - they are out there. Alternately, my closest dealer is 2.5 hours away. Not a game I would want to play with my primary means of transportation.
You have a good point (about the locations of some dealerships).

But how sure are you his closest dealer is 2.5 hours away?

And, if someone didnt have the money, why would they even think about going FI?

Just a thought.

When you go FI, you know your going to spend alot, period.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
STi is quickest straight line (easily moddable too), Evo handles best (easily moddable to match STi straight line), G35 is lowest in both sections but by far the nicest and most "grown up"... if you're looking for a car with good mix of power, handling, and luxury, G35 is your way. If you're looking for handling with very good engine and no luxury, Evo is your way. If you're looking for a monster engine with good handling and noi luxury, STi is your way.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tell u what tho, I believe that the g's vq motor and the sti's boxer motor are probably two of the sickest sounding motors, I love my g, but I get weak in the knees when i hear a boxer motor from a sti, those things sound sick, but still a "SCOOBY", INFINITI all the way

Old 08-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Don't know if it was the exhaust or what, but the last Sti I heard sounded like a lawn mower.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I just say...

street racing is for *******. Whether its in an Infiniti or a Mitsu. Somewhere along the line some guy in a 997TT or F430 is going to pull up to you and remind you just how small and unimportant you are, so why bother starting a bad habit now.

call me crazy but anyone hell bent on trying to smoke someone elses ride is hopefully not on the same patch of road I am while Im trying to get somewhere.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:27 AM
Aite so who's ready to race, raise your hand!

Old 08-29-2006, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by deadbolt
all these peopel arround me have evos and sti's and to me i wanna be able to smoke them..
Don't get the G! If you want to spend the extra money, like others have said, it will run you upwards of $5K by going FI to get the power you want.

It sounds like you just want a car that is fast with cheap bolt on mods, and so you can street race. Get whatever everybody else is driving and blend in with the crowd.

The G is a mix of power, luxury, interior, exterior, dealer service, loaner cars, etc etc etc. you get the point, but NOT designed for the ricer - Nor does the G want to be part of the ricer groupies.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:55 AM
You could also go w/ a Camaro SS. Those engines are EASY EASY EASY to modify, and while in the twisties they'd pull away, in a drag race, doing the right mods will enable you to beat them. But please take it to a track or if you are set on street racing, do it ONLY IF NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU TWO ARE ON THE ROAD!

Old 08-29-2006, 02:56 AM
Also, what is your price range? What are you not willing to/able to go over?

Old 08-29-2006, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by ChiefyMan
Also, what is your price range? What are you not willing to/able to go over?
my price race is under 40 which hopefully is the 07 sedan fully loaded

Old 08-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Fully loaded G? I doubt it. Though then again I have not looked at a fully-loaded G new before...

Under 40? How about a used Vette? They haul ***. Hell, I just searched Autotrader.com and there's some used 04 Z06's for under that price. Go get one of those... and then those Evo's and STi's would be very dumb to try and race you unless they've been fairly heavily modified... and if you modify the Z06... they better watch out.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:06 AM
Just make sure whatever you get, it's a manual, not an auto since you're goin for performance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs. STi vs. EVO