G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Fast Intentions Sedan Exhaust Coming!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i do need a new Y pipe...the stock flex section is no good since it rattles w/ HF cats

Old 03-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're describing 3a metallic rattle or even a hissing sound on deceleration, say under 3k rpms, then it's not the ypipe.

I first heard that sound when I put my kinetix cats on. When I swapped for the crawford cats, I tried to track down the sound. Sounded like it was coming from the flex section of the OE ypipe.

A few months later I put on the stillen exhaust(replacing everything after the cats). The sound was still there. A few weeks later, I went back to the stock cats(unrelated issue), and the sound was still there. The sound is still there with test pipes+stock manifolds, as well as test pipes and headers.

So, I've had the following configurations
Stock = stock sound
Stock manifolds + stock cats + stock y pipe + 350z midpipe + stock muffler = no hiss
Stock manifolds + kinetix cats + stock y pipe + 350z midpipe + stock muffler = hiss
Stock manifolds + crawford cats + stock y pipe + 350z midpipe + stock muffler = hiss
Stock manifolds + crawford cats + stillen catback = hiss
Stock manifolds + stock cats + stillen catback = hiss
Stock manifolds + test pipes + stillen catback = hiss
Headers + test pipes + stillen catback = hiss

Old 03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I applaud you guys for wanting to test fitment across model years, but I'm pretty sure there is only one difference between the 03/04's, and the 05/06's. Then of course you also have the awd's to worry about as well.

The only fitment issue amongst the model years that I know of is the hanger configuration for the rear section. Check around on aftermarket sites and you'll see exhaust mounting kits for the 05/06 models. I have a first gen stillen on my 05 now, and I just needed to change one hanger on the rear muffler. I know vodka ran the first gen stillen on his 05, automatic. Vodka, could you please share any fitment issues you experienced?

Regardless, I still stand by my statement that obtaining a stock car should be fairly easy. For example, I just did a search on Autotraders for all 2003 sedans, used, within 50 miles of Gardena(I don't know anything about LA). Autotrader lists 80 2003 sedans. Eighty. If you guys call about all 80 cars, and not a single owner or dealership agrees to let you have the car for a couple of days, let me know, and I'll paypal you $200 myself.

A couple of weeks ago Richie had his strut bar up for the group buy. I bought one for myself, and my wife was interested in one for her 07 sedan that is on order. Unfortunatly, Richie couldn't confirm fitment on an 07 sedan. So I took my strut bar back off, spent a couple of days, and finally tracked down a local 07 owner to test for fitment.

I know that an exhaust is much more complicated to fit than a strut bar. But aftermarket exhausts have been available for years, and the model year differences are publicly well known. I made the effort to find out for myself if the strut bar fit an 07, and I'm just a buyer. One would think an exhaust manufacturer could at least make the same effort for his own product.

I know I'm coming across as harsh. For that I apologize. I understand how projects have shifting priorities. But I just disagree with you when you try to balance blame with the community.
+1 Very well put!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:54 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
+1 Very well put!
Just had to chime on in didn't you Jim

Old 03-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sedan exhaust

has this guy called you yet? i know ur looking for an 03/04, but if you need my 05, u can...

6MT, stock except for air filter...

[Originally Posted by dangeruss17]
Yah it is an automatic

Originally Posted by FastIntentions
Give me a call at the number I gave at your earliest convenience and we can hopefully get the ball rolling...Thanks, Tony

Old 03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
The only thing that prevented me from allowing my car is the cost.

Other companies bring on loaner cars but also give them the systems once the R&D is completed.

So if FI is willing to do this I am still game.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dang it... why do I have to live so far away... does z-tube count as stock???

or does hks sport muffler count as stock??? everything else is factory for intake and exhaust... oh well... gotta sit on the sidelines for now...

Old 03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Hey Rick,

How about just making me a custom dual 3" kit?

Old 03-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by FenixL1P

or does hks sport muffler count as stock??? everything else is factory for intake and exhaust... oh well... gotta sit on the sidelines for now...
CALL THE SHOP...dang guys....just make a call already and talk to Tony!!!

Old 03-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by MEXTEP
The only thing that prevented me from allowing my car is the cost.

Other companies bring on loaner cars but also give them the systems once the R&D is completed.

So if FI is willing to do this I am still game.
AGAIN - CALLLL!!!!!!!

You guys want to complain and assume things - CALL!!!! Get info..

Most companies give you nothing and a 15% off the system/parts when they are released...that's what HKS, Tein and others do....

Old 03-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Hey Rick,

How about just making me a custom dual 3" kit?
Fine...CALLLL!!

Old 03-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by FenixL1P

Well put it this way, do you have the stock tube and stock rear muffler still?

Rick

Old 03-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by shakabradduh
has this guy called you yet? i know ur looking for an 03/04, but if you need my 05, u can...

6MT, stock except for air filter...

[Originally Posted by dangeruss17]
Yah it is an automatic
I believe this is the person Tony has been talking to, or going to..

Rick

Old 03-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys have to give him a break. Put up or shut up. If you can't wait get the other 3-4 options out in the market.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I applaud you guys for wanting to test fitment across model years, but I'm pretty sure there is only one difference between the 03/04's, and the 05/06's. Then of course you also have the awd's to worry about as well.

The only fitment issue amongst the model years that I know of is the hanger configuration for the rear section. Check around on aftermarket sites and you'll see exhaust mounting kits for the 05/06 models. I have a first gen stillen on my 05 now, and I just needed to change one hanger on the rear muffler. I know vodka ran the first gen stillen on his 05, automatic. Vodka, could you please share any fitment issues you experienced?

Regardless, I still stand by my statement that obtaining a stock car should be fairly easy. For example, I just did a search on Autotraders for all 2003 sedans, used, within 50 miles of Gardena(I don't know anything about LA). Autotrader lists 80 2003 sedans. Eighty. If you guys call about all 80 cars, and not a single owner or dealership agrees to let you have the car for a couple of days, let me know, and I'll paypal you $200 myself.

A couple of weeks ago Richie had his strut bar up for the group buy. I bought one for myself, and my wife was interested in one for her 07 sedan that is on order. Unfortunatly, Richie couldn't confirm fitment on an 07 sedan. So I took my strut bar back off, spent a couple of days, and finally tracked down a local 07 owner to test for fitment.

I know that an exhaust is much more complicated to fit than a strut bar. But aftermarket exhausts have been available for years, and the model year differences are publicly well known. I made the effort to find out for myself if the strut bar fit an 07, and I'm just a buyer. One would think an exhaust manufacturer could at least make the same effort for his own product.

I know I'm coming across as harsh. For that I apologize. I understand how projects have shifting priorities. But I just disagree with you when you try to balance blame with the community.
So Trey - are you a custom exhaust fabricator? Just wondering...it's not as easy as you think or put out. These cars are not at all consistent. We had issues with the Z's and G's, before going live with the product. We couldn't get 2 cars to fit the same - even several from the same years. After adjusting the system over and over again, we finally found middle ground that worked.

These cars are far from perfect, and subtle changes, like hanger placements, can cause big problems in design, bends, etc.

We are here for all of your best interests...honestly. We are asking for your help, we are building this for you, if you all don't want it, I guess we don't have to build it.....but I really don't think that's so, given your current choices out there, and we want you to have a better choice as well, if possible.

Hope you understand...this isn't an arguing point, other than you want to blame us for not getting something you can't wait for, out sooner. We have spent a lot trying to make a system that works, the way you want it. It has been very difficult with the sedan to do well, which is why the pickings are VERY slim.

Also keep in mind, as we have always done thus far, we WANT you to bring us your car to get YOUR input on what we're building. We want you to hear what the result is, so we know if we've done good or not. Of course we know when things sound good or bad, but you are the customers....and a small sampling of test fits and rides, make all the difference in proving a winning product. Sound is subjective, and key in the build, as you all know.

Help us break the mold...

Rick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions Sedan Exhaust Coming!!!!