G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Fast Intentions Sedan Exhaust Coming!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A full 6 months and counting This is insane.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:55 AM
If you guys want an 05 6MT and will ship it from Charleston and back, then let me know!

Old 03-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
Give me a call at the number I gave at your earliest convenience and we can hopefully get the ball rolling...Thanks, Tony

Were you ever able to make this work?

Old 03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ don't hold your breath bro. I know R&D takes time but c'mmon...this is nuts. If this project was a high priority for them...it would've been done by now. JMO.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Modded Member
That's exactly why I pulled myself off the list in October. It was evident that there were no results.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude, you won't have your m3 anymore by the time this thing comes out.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Chico
^^^ don't hold your breath bro. I know R&D takes time but c'mmon...this is nuts. If this project was a high priority for them...it would've been done by now. JMO.
Just remember all - several things here:

1 - we have been waiting, and waited for over a month, to get someone to even step up to get this going so we had a car to build a system off of. Please don't put that in FI's court - you all want this thing, we want to give it to you, but we need a car to do it with.

2 - It does now look like we have a car to use, and Tony is getting with the person to make arrangements to get it done...so things are looking better in the 'why wont someone step up'. Remember - if nobody steps up, then it's not seemingly a priority for you all either.

3 - Tony and the guys have other work to do as well. It's not like he's sitting there in his office wondering what going to happen with the sedan market - because nobody wants to step up and help get the system done.

Believe me - we want to do this for you all...we know your pickings are slim and not really preferred. We'll have to see how this new possibility pans out.

On the meantime - please do step up if your interested. The car needs to be stock when it comes to FI for use.

Rick

Old 03-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Staff Alumni
Well the "car being stock" part is probably the problem. Where has you guys solicited for a test car? This forum? How many cars on this forum are stock?

How long will this take? A few hours? A day? A week?

And I understand that there are other projects in the works, so this may not be a priority. But if it is a priority, then I don't buy the excuses. If you guys really wanted to make a sedan exhaust, you could get a fitment sedan easily. Borrow one from a dealer for a day. Get a loaner. Hell, rent the damned thing. Cost is all part of R&D, isn't it? If renting is not an option because of cost, then I'm sure some guys here can pony up $20 here and there to get you a test car.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Modded Member
Last time I checked, it should be the manufacturer that is responsible for R&D. Just like Trey said, there are a MULTITUDE of ways to find a test car, you guys just aren't trying hard enough.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Well the "car being stock" part is probably the problem. Where has you guys solicited for a test car? This forum? How many cars on this forum are stock?

How long will this take? A few hours? A day? A week?

And I understand that there are other projects in the works, so this may not be a priority. But if it is a priority, then I don't buy the excuses. If you guys really wanted to make a sedan exhaust, you could get a fitment sedan easily. Borrow one from a dealer for a day. Get a loaner. Hell, rent the damned thing. Cost is all part of R&D, isn't it? If renting is not an option because of cost, then I'm sure some guys here can pony up $20 here and there to get you a test car.
RIGHT!!!! Go rent a 2003, or get loaner 2003 from a dealer??????????

FI's priority is yours as well...we are building this for the community here because YOU ALL asked us to build this for you....so step up and be part of the community and the product you have asked FI to build.

AND I GUARANTEE YOU there are owners out there on this forum, stock or maybe just an intake that can be swapped out for the stock one, that can do this. BUT if they don't call the shop and get some details...then they can't sign up and get this all going.

Rick

Old 03-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Last time I checked, it should be the manufacturer that is responsible for R&D. Just like Trey said, there are a MULTITUDE of ways to find a test car, you guys just aren't trying hard enough.
Sorry man - but if you all want it, you'll have to step up. AND I guess you don't look at where HKS, Tein, Vortech, etc. all look for locals and other people for R&D cars and test fitments REGULARLY. Do you think they all buy a car for testing...AND they would have to do so for every year the car is built? How do you think manufacturers know their products work and will be accepted - by having the general public test first.

So the last time you checked....was probably not a very good check. I don't mean to be harsh here - but we're ready and willing to build something for THE SEDAN COMMUNITY...but you guys aren't stepping up.

hmmm...think about it...why spend all the R&D time and expense if it is painfully obvious that your market isn't interested enough to loan a car for a few days for its own best interest. That's how the R, as in Research, works as well.

So, come on guys...stop beating us up...and take a little responsibility for this too. From the beginning, we have said that we will need a test car...this isn't a surprise. We also know that there are plenty of you that would step up, but aren't local, so you can't. There has to be more Sedan owners locally here in SoCal that are interested - even if they don't want a system for themselves, but are willing to do it 'just because'.

I know when we asked for Coupe's for the Intimidator, I had 19 people within 3 hours pony up for the interest.....

Rick

Old 03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
RXM
Man, this has been a harsh thread for the past couple days. I think with the new sedans hitting the market, the interest has dropped down as people probably aren't willing to make the investment anymore. Would have been nice if this went through, but since it took so long...I decided to go with the HKS sport exhaust.

Good luck to both sides with this thing going through, can't wait for the photos of the finished product!

Old 03-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Rick, you're putting the future of your R&D in the hands of a mystery person that may not even exist. This will probably die and there will never be an exhaust. As a company you can't put the onus on the general public to help you with the resources you need to develop your product. You as a company need to be more proactive in your search and put in place the personnel and resources to complete the project. Otherwise, it is pointless to keep us waiting.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Staff Alumni
I applaud you guys for wanting to test fitment across model years, but I'm pretty sure there is only one difference between the 03/04's, and the 05/06's. Then of course you also have the awd's to worry about as well.

The only fitment issue amongst the model years that I know of is the hanger configuration for the rear section. Check around on aftermarket sites and you'll see exhaust mounting kits for the 05/06 models. I have a first gen stillen on my 05 now, and I just needed to change one hanger on the rear muffler. I know vodka ran the first gen stillen on his 05, automatic. Vodka, could you please share any fitment issues you experienced?

Regardless, I still stand by my statement that obtaining a stock car should be fairly easy. For example, I just did a search on Autotraders for all 2003 sedans, used, within 50 miles of Gardena(I don't know anything about LA). Autotrader lists 80 2003 sedans. Eighty. If you guys call about all 80 cars, and not a single owner or dealership agrees to let you have the car for a couple of days, let me know, and I'll paypal you $200 myself.

A couple of weeks ago Richie had his strut bar up for the group buy. I bought one for myself, and my wife was interested in one for her 07 sedan that is on order. Unfortunatly, Richie couldn't confirm fitment on an 07 sedan. So I took my strut bar back off, spent a couple of days, and finally tracked down a local 07 owner to test for fitment.

I know that an exhaust is much more complicated to fit than a strut bar. But aftermarket exhausts have been available for years, and the model year differences are publicly well known. I made the effort to find out for myself if the strut bar fit an 07, and I'm just a buyer. One would think an exhaust manufacturer could at least make the same effort for his own product.

I know I'm coming across as harsh. For that I apologize. I understand how projects have shifting priorities. But I just disagree with you when you try to balance blame with the community.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No cat back for Neal

just bought HKS noisemaker

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions Sedan Exhaust Coming!!!!