G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My sedan to scary to other potential racers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
yeah i'll have some fun here and there but i've been in the underground street racing scene for years and it just got worse and worse especially with accidents and cops blocking everyone in and impounding your car. now in new york state if you're caught in a "speed contest" you'll never get your car back and get arrested. it's not worth it just go to a nice track and enjoy the fun.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HARLEY G35
29 years old bought the 05 6mt march of 2005 have half of it paid off
and i am loving every single minute of it. when asked why i didn't invest
instead of buying a $51000 dollar car all in i take it on the highway and open it up and go loooking for people to race. love my g35 and sorry to get off topic but i have blown so many cars away that think this is a old mans car

???

Old 09-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
i think he's posting in the wrong topic

Old 09-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by driguez
???
Canadian dollars.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:11 AM
I gave up street racing 10 years ago because I don't want to kill anyone, go to jail, loose my car, loose my license, get sued, leave my son fatherless, etc.

Anyways, over my 1.5 years of ownership, I haven't had anyone attempt to race me in the G. However, at the track I have my fair share of encounters with drivers with big heads thinking they'll light me up. I'm usually the only sedan at the track and people tend to assume it will be one of the slower cars. I've lined up against a couple 87-04 Mustang GTs and 93-97 LT1 F-Bodies that thought I'd be easy prey. The drivers give me the typical snicker and smirk. We stage up and on the second amber I launch which usually nets me a 0.0XX to .1XX reaction time where as they're usually in the .2-.4 reaction time range. My G will barely chirp a tire on the track surface and they're usually dealing with a bit of spin which usually means my 60' is better. By the 100' marker, I'm usually 2 to 4 cars ahead and for the whole race they're left to try and run me down. Usually by the end, I edge them out by a car or two. To crowd it appears that my G35 sedan just lit up a supposedly faster musclecar. In a street race, I would have "won" and to many people, they'd think my G35 was faster. I know that's not true and I know that if I was behind the wheel of their car I'd probably beat my G35 pretty decisively. Regardless, I still walk away with the win light which is fun. I get far more people coming up and asking me about my G35 that most guys do with their 12-second F-Bodies. Most people don't expect sedans to be decently quick and even one that only does lower 14s seems to spark interest.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:42 AM
age 21 i bought myself. Saved up for three years. Now workin to pay off.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by absolutg
earning 100k makes an m5 affordable??

wow.
Does he still live with his parents? LoL, i'm on track to make over $100k over this next year, i'm 20, and no I don't think an M5 is affordable, aside from paying my mortgage, bills, gas, insurance, G35, food, all other little expenses that pop up, that doesn't leave an extra $1500 a month for a car payment, PLUS who knows how much for insurance.... I dunno, unless taht kid saved up all his doh over the last 5 years with no bills, an M5 hardly seems affordable for anyone making under $150k with a mortgage...

Old 09-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I only raced one car so far, a 2003 LS430. It was in the middle of the night at a big open road, we started at a 20mph roll and he took off first, since I didn't know he was going to race me, and I floored it about a second after he did. Right away I caught up to him and passed him slowly, and he stayed behind me (car lengths distance) up to 80mph. The speed limit was 40, so I just slowed downnn, and he kept going to like 100. I guess it made him feel better lol

Old 09-07-2006, 12:06 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
Does he still live with his parents? LoL, i'm on track to make over $100k over this next year, i'm 20, and no I don't think an M5 is affordable, aside from paying my mortgage, bills, gas, insurance, G35, food, all other little expenses that pop up, that doesn't leave an extra $1500 a month for a car payment, PLUS who knows how much for insurance.... I dunno, unless taht kid saved up all his doh over the last 5 years with no bills, an M5 hardly seems affordable for anyone making under $150k with a mortgage...

^+1, exactly what i was thinking

Old 09-07-2006, 12:19 PM
bs.. he was just playin with you.

Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
It was on the freeway and there werent many curves, we were weavin and i geuss i was just picked better spots. He had to be goin 100+ when he passed me then i punched it and caught him in prolly 15 seconds and got on his a$$ then he went WOT and i did the same, he couldnt lose me if he tried. In the corners i'd eat him up just because i know how to drive my car. The Porsche was driving fast and i sped up behind him and we started weaving then when he saw i was still on his *** after about 30 seconds he slowed down. I got up next to him and looked at him, he wouldnt look back LOL
-GP-

Old 09-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Wow the cts-v is 400hp and 395ftlbs torque! 3800-ish lbs.
Yup, until it falls apart on its own!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=4

Old 09-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Why does every young person seem to make it a point that they bought the car on their own? That's great that you did, but it's all based on your situation. For all we know you could have rich parents/grandparents and you get handed cash and things come easy, or you could still be living at home which makes a huge difference. Also, when it comes to salary, it's all dependant on where you live. My $60K/yr salary in Kansas City is worth about $95K in Southern Cali, Seattle, or the Northeast. I own nicely renovated 4 bedroom, 2,300 sq. ft. house on 1/2 acre in higher end area of KC. A house like this in LA or Jersey would easily fetch $700-900K. I paid $215K a month ago.

It's all relative to where you live and your situation.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i caught and passed an s2000 going wot onto hwy168 in fresno between temperance and fowler ave heading westbound.... he got onto the onramp first and was about 4 car lengths ahead.... as i sped up towards him on the onramp, he followed suit to keep his distance.....by the time we fully merged into the "slow" lane, we were doing 80+ mph.... kept my baby in 4th until i reeled him in at about half mile down under the armstrong overcrossing.... by now 110+mph... was neck to neck with him right before fowler overcrossing and eventually pulled ahead as i shifted to fifth and pretty much kept my distance until having to shut down due to traffic ahead... had to slalom around a civic si hogging the fast lane despite a nary a car near him....

besides this encounter, the only other attempt by someone else to race me was when a chrysler 300c with 20+ inch dubs tried to run me off the road in the turlock-ceres area going north on 99...

Last edited by FenixL1P; 09-07-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
Heh, he and his significant other actually are looking to buy a house within the year actually. They live together. (The other is a superviser and does well apparently too...)

M5 + house... they're doing SOMETHING right. lol

Also, where do you work?

Oh, and lemme clear somethin up... the M5 will probably come in a couple years. He's got 80K more miles to go on his RX-8 before he said he'd buy a new car... the M5.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by indycase
Yup, until it falls apart on its own!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=4
Actually, I know several people w/ many, many thousands of miles on their CTS-V, and the only major problem that is consistant through some of them is the rear diff. Aside from that, they're pretty reliable considering the power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My sedan to scary to other potential racers?