G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My sedan to scary to other potential racers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheify, the CTS-V will do circles around the G, as will the Carerra. That being said, there are plenty of people that will take your challenge. You just may have not found them. Don't be surprised with some dissapointments, though. Cars are getting faster and faster these days, and I would classify the G as quick, but certainly not fast.

Having owned both a G and my current Charger SRT8, the only analogy I can give you is that the SRT accelerates at half throttle as well as the G at full throttle. There is a HUGE difference. This, in a bigger, roomier four door. So yes, there are sedans out there at a reasonable cost that will "out-everything" a G from a performance standpoint (the CTS-V is one of them, also). Based on other's experience, I expect my very lightly modified SRT (Corsa catback exhaust) to be in the high 12's at 108-110 mph when I take it to the track for the first time next month. Some guys have run these times off the showroom floor with good weather. Be carefull what you wish for

In a few weeks, I'm attending a high performance driving school (compliments of Chrysler/Dodge with the purchase of an SRT) at the Daytona Beach Speedway, where I get to drive every SRT vehicle (including the Viper) with Skip Barber instructors. Talk about a blast!

Last edited by DP03; 09-08-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Wink

Stoplights through a couple gears are fun...triple digits through traffic can be tragic!

Three shift wins: rx-7, rsx, hemi charger, wrx, s2k, boxster...a lot of cars that may be "faster" require a much more aggressive launch which no one is willing to do to their car so our torque pulls us through...

Crushed by: z06, evo, sti, gallardo...sometimes the ones you cant win are way more fun!!

You gotta pick your spots...keep it under control. if you push it all the way to the limits the margin for mistakes becomes too thin and dangerous!!!

You can have some fun without a lot of risk but you have to keep it safe there is too much at stake to go too far!

Old 09-08-2006, 11:29 PM
"Three shift wins: rx-7, rsx, hemi charger, wrx, s2k, boxster...a lot of cars that may be "faster" require a much more aggressive launch which no one is willing to do to their car so our torque pulls us through..."

Yea, a lot comes down to driver and experience/inexperience. Even the "regular" Charger (5.7L) has significantly more hp and torque, and is faster at the track. But on the street, who knows. Some morons forget to disengage the Mercedes traction control electronics (the Charger SRT8 use an AMG Mercedes tranny and electronics), which are very quick to intercede if you don't switch them off.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DP03
Cheify, the CTS-V will do circles around the G, as will the Carerra. That being said, there are plenty of people that will take your challenge. You just may have not found them. Don't be surprised with some dissapointments, though. Cars are getting faster and faster these days, and I would classify the G as quick, but certainly not fast.

Having owned both a G and my current Charger SRT8, the only analogy I can give you is that the SRT accelerates at half throttle as well as the G at full throttle. There is a HUGE difference. This, in a bigger, roomier four door. So yes, there are sedans out there at a reasonable cost that will "out-everything" a G from a performance standpoint (the CTS-V is one of them, also). Based on other's experience, I expect my very lightly modified SRT (Corsa catback exhaust) to be in the high 12's at 108-110 mph when I take it to the track for the first time next month. Some guys have run these times off the showroom floor with good weather. Be carefull what you wish for

In a few weeks, I'm attending a high performance driving school (compliments of Chrysler/Dodge with the purchase of an SRT) at the Daytona Beach Speedway, where I get to drive every SRT vehicle (including the Viper) with Skip Barber instructors. Talk about a blast!
I'm not disappointed, I'm just suprised. lol

And, trust me, I know. The new V6 Camry can hit 60 in under 6 seconds. The Subbie Legacy GT spec.B in 5.4ish sec, etc. And I know the V, SRT, etc would eat me alive. I'm just suprised no one - rather it be a ricer, a sports car, another sport/lux sedan or coupe (3-series, A4, etc), or the returning muscle and pony cars of America - has tried racing me, or will not accept a challenge when I do actually decide to test them out.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Brian
Talking

Originally Posted by -Hank-
Weird, I get people to race me all the time. But I drive alot, I deliver pizzas in my g35 in Northern Sacramento, its a nice area w/ alot of money so there are alot of nice cars out here. Pretty much all I do is deliver pizzas and try to find people that I think will race me. Sometimes you have to bait the person into racing you, its kinda tricky to do but works quite well. Got a good race with a new Acura TL today, and it was a girl driving, beat a rx8 on the freeway with the ac on, lots of ****ty v6 mustangs/camaros/hondas/mazda6's etc... some older bwm m3's, newer bmw 330's some older bmw 5 series, moded nissan truck, 350z(dude apperantly couldnt drive cause I won), a Jaguar dont know what model, pontiac grand prix gtp, 5.0 mustangs, lincoln mark8, acura 3.2s and rsx or whatever, quite a few others... dont remember everything. I have maybe lost 1 or 2 street races, I think to an Ls1 camaro, not sure what else I have lost to, dosnt happen often. Its fun, I feel I do it in a safe manner, I'm a good driver and dont push it to the limit to far I know the area like the back of my hand.
How do you afford a G35 if you deliver pizzas? sorry, I had to ask

Old 09-09-2006, 01:41 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
how can you live with yourself! my friend used to deliver pizzas and the smell of pizza just will not go away!

Old 09-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by DP03

Yep, there will always be someone faster....z06 is 505 hp of badazzidness.....but lingenfelter has a new vette FI with 730hp that can pull a semi and still beat 95% of the cars on the street...........and someone else has a 1000hp viper and someone else has a 1220 hp supra and................................you just have not been next to them...know your limits, know what you can do...

I saw a badazz blk Gsedan pull on a new m3 on the fwy he was flying by at 130+ mph and the m3 was caught by surprise and was behind and hit 100-110 and shut it down...does that mean stock for stock that its faster than an m3...no. It had paper plates so I doubt it was FI g35. *end rant*

Last edited by Texan1; 09-09-2006 at 02:18 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
he must be good at what he does

Old 09-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by Texan1
Yep, there will always be someone faster....z06 is 505 hp of badazzidness.....but lingenfelter has a new vette FI with 730hp that can pull a semi and still beat 95% of the cars on the street...........and someone else has a 1000hp viper and someone else has a 1220 hp supra and................................you just have not been next to them...know your limits, know what you can do...
haha, wait til the next "supervette" that'll one up (and then a TON) the new Z06. Infact, it's being co-developed by Team C6.R - the Corvette team that's won and even swept the last like 3 24 hr LeMans races I believe. Anyway, many are rumoring 630+ RWHP. And people though the Z06 was fast? HA! The Z06 will look like a 1980's unmodded Civic next to that new Vette - and it even comes w/ GM's new 100K mile/5 yr warranty! :-p Can't beat that, can ya? haha Especially at a "mere" $100K.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ that vette sounds too good. ughghghg

Old 09-09-2006, 03:07 AM
lol, I agree. That thing is going to be INSANE!

Old 09-09-2006, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by Juan-g35
I SERIOUSLY FEEL YOUR PAIN. I'VE HAD MY SEDAN FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS AND I DIDN'T GET MY FIRST RACE UNTIL THIS SUMMER. AND IT WAS AGAINST MY BOY IN HIS COUPE. (BTW I WON. HOW? I DUNNO)
the same with me. i raced my friend in his 06 coupe and i spanked him off the line. he says its bc the coupes are heavier than the sedans...tru or not?...iono, i told him that maybe it was all bc of the driver haha

Old 09-09-2006, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by Infinite_636
the same with me. i raced my friend in his 06 coupe and i spanked him off the line. he says its bc the coupes are heavier than the sedans...tru or not?...iono, i told him that maybe it was all bc of the driver haha
haha @ driver comment. And I donno, I can't see the coupe being heavier (unless his is loaded and yours isn't, then maybe?)

Old 09-09-2006, 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
its a pretty rich area, I make good money for a delivery driver, plus I get an extra 400-500 a month from poker winnings. I have the G and invest the rest.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:30 AM
Ya, in rich areas, you can make pretty decent $$ doing that. I know of a few restaurants around here where valets consistantly make $200-400/night in tips alone. I want to apply there part time, but it's insanely hard to be a valet at those places, it's incredible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My sedan to scary to other potential racers?