G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Trying to sell my G and have no luck....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was one thing I thought about. I am going to take more pics and add them on cars.com. As far as the feedback on ebay, I will try autotrader first. It would be a pain in the *** to take the mods off as I can't do the shocks/springs and the grounding kit, so I would have to pay someone to do that with no assurance that I will sell the car. If I get stuck keeping the car, then I will need someone to install them again. This will be my last resort if the car doesn't sell on autotrader or ebay. I guess I severly overpaid last year when I bought the car, but I did my homework with the blue book value and it was inline with what I paid. How low do you think I would need to go to sell it? I can't imagine only getting $23k for it, as I would lose $4k in one year. I know the car depreciates, but ****, that is a lot.

Weaver

Originally Posted by superb16
Honestly, man, I don't think you're doing a very good job of selling the car. You should have at least a dozen photos of the car at a pic hosting site, like photobucket.com or something. That way you can link them in your description of the car. Interior pics, engine pics, up close shots of nicks and dents. You say the bumper has damage? Where? Zoom in on it! A buyer is going to want to see it. And when you do ebay, give it the full 2 weeks. 3 days or one week is not enough.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by UMD_terp
sell me your D-specs

pm me an offer in the case that I decide to put the originals back on.

Weaver

Old 09-08-2006, 02:23 PM
I brought my G35 on Ebay from a dealership and I agree you will not get anywhere near 25K on ebay I paid 4k more for my 2005 G35 in 2005 and it had only 2K miles on it and I have every option except Nav and Satellite. Post more pictures of your car as mentioned and sell the modds seperately you may get close to 25K overall when you total everything up.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:49 PM
well expecting a car to give you "extra money" to put down on a house seems like a backwards investment.

Otherwise I'd have to agree $25K does seem rather steep, also many people are shying away from cars out of Louisiana due to Katrina and the chance that the car was damaged in the storm.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:33 PM
chairman roflmao
Have you tried craigslist (if they have it for your area?)? I've sold my last car (a Jetta) on craigslist and found a buyer who appreciated the modifications I did to it.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:09 PM
when did you buy it, year and month?

Old 09-08-2006, 06:20 PM
I bought it in December 05.

Weaver

Originally Posted by liukai
when did you buy it, year and month?

Old 09-08-2006, 06:21 PM
I understand, but a simple carfax search would prove this car has no flood damage.

Also, I need the cash to put down on a house. I have other vehicles I can use now, so this car has got to go, but I am not going to sell it for $20k just to get rid of it.

Weaver

Originally Posted by mackinnr
well expecting a car to give you "extra money" to put down on a house seems like a backwards investment.

Otherwise I'd have to agree $25K does seem rather steep, also many people are shying away from cars out of Louisiana due to Katrina and the chance that the car was damaged in the storm.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Unless you have a coupe, there's no way you'll get rid of a G35 for over 25k

Old 09-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Depends on where you live. Up here in the NW, that's not that bad of a deal for a 05 Sedan with those miles.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by weaver
Nope, but I will try Ebay first. I think $25 is a fair price considering what I paid for it and what I put into it. Although, everyone says you can't count that. If I can't sell it, I will remove the mods and sell the car and mods seperately.

Weaver
I had about $7,000 in my Nissan Altima, took it to carmax and they offered me $7500 for a 2002 with 48,000 miles. Put it back to stock except the slotted rotors and eibach springs, they gave me $9,500. They rather oem hub caps over a set of nice alloy wheels.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Try posting on craigslist.com, too. That site is incredible...you'll get a lot of exposure.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Depends on where you live. Up here in the NW, that's not that bad of a deal for a 05 Sedan with those miles.
Exactly, I see '05's around here with 25-28k on them selling for around $28k.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by weaver
That was one thing I thought about. I am going to take more pics and add them on cars.com. As far as the feedback on ebay, I will try autotrader first. It would be a pain in the *** to take the mods off as I can't do the shocks/springs and the grounding kit, so I would have to pay someone to do that with no assurance that I will sell the car. If I get stuck keeping the car, then I will need someone to install them again. This will be my last resort if the car doesn't sell on autotrader or ebay. I guess I severly overpaid last year when I bought the car, but I did my homework with the blue book value and it was inline with what I paid. How low do you think I would need to go to sell it? I can't imagine only getting $23k for it, as I would lose $4k in one year. I know the car depreciates, but ****, that is a lot.

Weaver
I think you have unrealistic expectations regarding depreciation. I had a Chrysler pacifica that lost 18k in real dollars in 16 months.

4k in one year is *NOTHING*, especially for a 30k car. If you purchased a 15k car, even a civic(can you even get a civic for 15 anymore), you'd lose over 2k(proportionally equivalent).

Old 09-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by johnadlertech
I agree.

Nice car. I would have issues buying a former rental car. Why are you selling? I would not list the repair quote. Just be honest and say the bumper has some scratches. Did you chrome the wheels?
+1 on the dropping the repair quote. Your ad is basically saying to someone "Hi I like to mod my expensive sports sedan, which means that I have probably been hard on it and the broken bumper might only be the tip of the iceberg. If I buy this car I will already have a $500+ liability due to the back bumper, so it won't even be nice from day one."

Either return the car to stock or remove the mod list from the post. Put enough honest detail in there about the bumper to seem legit, but don't list a price. All those additional details are things you can explain away once you've got the person on the phone. By having them up front in the article you're just hurting your chances of getting any interest at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trying to sell my G and have no luck....