G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Texas Dealers -- Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texas Dealers -- Thoughts?

Everyone --

Looking for some input on Texas Infiniti dealers and the type of discount I should expect on a 2004 G35 Sedan, Leather, 6MT. I live in Austin but I am willing to travel to Houston, Dallas or San Antonio. Give me your thoughts on expectations.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-24-2003, 01:37 AM
Re: Texas Dealers -- Thoughts?

I live in Austin, work in houston, bought my G35 in Euless at Grubbs Infiniti. I went through their internet sales and I have to say it was probably the best car buying experience I have had yet. I went through the infiniti site, found the car I wanted clicked on the email dealer, and Ralph Kinchen,the internet sales manager there responded with about a $2500 discount from MSRP. I took that quote to Austin Infiniti, they pulled the invoice on that car and his price was about $800 over invoice. They would have matched that price but I would have had to pay for transportation cost. While my experience with Austin Infiniti was not bad, it was not what I expected. I guess they may have thought I was not serious about buying so they really treated me like that. It just seemed like the were dragging their feet. Then when I found out that their parts department charge more than MSRP for parts that was sort of like the last draw. I called Ralph on Thursday afternoon told him I would be there first thing Friday morning, and I was in and out in probably under an hour and on my way back to Austin.

Mine was a 5AT though...6MT may pull I higher premium becuase I think they are in shorter supply.

I am sure there are people on here that got theirs for even more off some maybe even below invoice...but I was happy with my hassle free transaction and would recommend Grubbs.

-Louis

----------------------
2004 Diamond Graphite Sedan

Old 10-24-2003, 02:01 AM

I second that. This weekend I got my 2004 G35 Sedan 6MT with Premium+NAV+Aero with only 7 miles on the odometer. I phoned Grubbs Infiniti and was quoted $500 over invoice (almost $3k below MSRP - $33,383 for a $36,055 vehicle) without even negotiating and with no sneaky dealer add-ons. Just ask for VPP pricing when you speak to Danny Meyor or Ralph Kinchen. Also they give free shipping (on a trailer) anywhere in Texas and some surrounding states. The whole deal was simple and straightforward - they Fedexed the paperwork to me with a pre-paid Fedex envelope to return it. If you prefer to go to them in person they will pick you up from DFW airport as they are only a mile or two from there.

'04 G35 Sedan 6MT with Premium, Nav, Aero in Diamond Graphite with Graphite interior

Old 10-24-2003, 08:55 AM

I live in Austin and found the car I wanted on the online inventory at Grubbs. I emailed Shealea Greer, the internet salesperson at Austin, who promised me she could trade for the car. She was very nice and courteous, and we eventually got the car to my price point... about $3000 below MSRP.

So, everything was a go until Grubbs said 'no' to the trade. Shealea was disappointed and honest and told me to call Grubbs if that was the car I really wanted. So I did and bought the car from Grubbs for the same price (from Lloyd Zimmerman, who was also really good). They did NOT offer to ship me the car, even knowing that I was in Austin. I didn't know they were doing that either. So, I went up to Euless and drove the car back.

- Gerry

2003.5 G35 Sedan: Desert Platinum / Graphite, Premium, Sports, Aero, Navi, Winter

Old 10-24-2003, 09:19 AM

I would also suggest North Houston Infiniti (Will). I had a very pleasant buying experience there after walking out on a Southwest Infiniti sales agent. He was arrogant and condescending- although I knew more about the car than he did and perhaps was not humble enough to admit it.

Old 10-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There seems to be a bad apple in every bunch, as they say. The salesperson can make all the difference. I think that's why many people have started dealing with the Internet Sales Manager as a first line of defense.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 10-24-2003, 11:01 AM

I just bought mine from Austin Infiniti, the process was okay (not good nor bad), i really flip-floped on colors and options, and the dealer was cool with that. I went through Russ Boyer, at Austin Infiniti. I bought a beautiful diamond graphite, 2004 G35 sedan/AT, leather with the premium package for 31,650. They had to have it shipped from san antonio (Gunn Infiniti), and they threw in tint (35%). Not the best deal, but not the worst. He showed me the invoice and it was 30,900. Can i go back outside now for another drive. I love the car, i'm at 1,000 miles. Only 200 more till i can open it up some...

Old 10-24-2003, 03:44 PM

I really appreciate all the help. Thanks.

Old 10-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you trade in a vehicle? I could have done better if I hadn't, but didn't want to carry two payments or insurance's in the mean time, especially since the payment on the G would have been outlandish without the trade!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan