Trunk Tray $99.00
All-Season Floor Mats $129.00

(Installation costs not included)

Selected Exterior Accessories

18" Alloy Wheels $1,516.00
Body Side Molding $175.00
Deck Lid Spoiler $399.00

(Installation costs not included)

For dealer specific pricing, including the actual installation costs, please complete the 'Request A Dealer Quote' process.

Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only, and do not include taxes or license. Actual vehicle/accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.

STANDARD EQUIPMENT - 2004 TL 6-SPEED MANUAL WITH HIGH-PERFORMANCE SUMMER TIRES AND NAVIGATION SYSTEM
TECHNICAL FEATURES

3.2-liter, 24-valve, 270-hp VTEC ™ V-6 engine - No tune-ups for 105,000 miles*

Close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission with helical gear limited slip differential

Brembo front calipers and rotors

SOHC 24-valve with Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC) system

Torque-sensitive, power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering

Dual-diagonal, power-assisted, 4-wheel disc brakes with Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)

Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)

Front Suspension - Independent double-wishbone with coil springs and stabilizer bar

Rear Suspension - Independent multi-link double-wishbone with coil springs and stabilizer bar

*Does not apply to fluid and filter changes or periodic inspections. Please refer to the maintenance section of your owner's manual to determine all appropriate maintenance intervals.

STANDARD EQUIPMENT - 2004 TL 6-SPEED MANUAL WITH HIGH-PERFORMANCE SUMMER TIRES AND NAVIGATION SYSTEM
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE

Keyless entry system with windows and moonroof controls and panic button

Acura/ELS® Premium 8-speaker Surround Sound System with DVD-Audio and DTS CD 6-disc Changer, AM/FM Tuner and Dolby® Cassette

XM® Satellite Radio

Navigation System with Voice Recognition ™

HandsFreeLink ™ wireless phone capability

Maintenance Minder ™

3D Solar Sensing Climate Control

Keyless Memory Settings

Power windows and door locks

One-touch auto-up/down driver's window

Steering wheel mounted audio and cruise control

Automatic Climate Control System with air filtration system

HomeLink® System

Auto-off headlights

Tilt steering column

EXTERIOR FEATURES

Bi-Xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights

Speed-sensing intermittent windshield wipers

Fog lights

Body-colored front and rear bumpers

Heated, power-operated, body-colored outside mirrors with 2-position memory and passenger's-side reverse gear tilt-down feature

17-inch flangeless aluminum-alloy wheels

P235/45R17 93W Bridgestone Potenza High-Performance Summer Tires

SAFETY FEATURES

Front and rear side-curtain air bags

Driver's and front passengers dual-stage air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)

Driver's and front passenger's side air bags with front passenger's height and position sensors

3-point seat belts with pretensioners (front)

3-point seat belts (rear)

LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) child-seat mounting system

Childproof rear door locks

4-wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)

Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) with traction control

Traction Control System (TCS)

Theft Deterrent System

Remote Keyless Entry System

Impact absorption crumple zones (front/rear)

Dual, front side-impact door beams

5-mph bumpers (front/rear)

SEATING & TRIM

Leather-trimmed seats and door panels

Leather-wrapped steering wheel

Aluminum with simulated wood-grained console and door trim (with Camel and Parchment interiors)

Aluminum with simulated carbon-fiber console and door trim (with Ebony and Quartz interiors)

Heated front seats

Driver's 10-way power seat with adjustable lumbar support

Front passenger's 4-way power seat

Driver's seat and side view mirror memory system

Rear seat headrests

Front center console with adjustable armrest

Rear seat center armrest with locking trunk pass-through and dual beverage holders

Driver's and passenger's seatback pockets

WARRANTIES

Vehicle - 4-year/50,000-mile limited warranty*

Outer Body Rust-through - 5-year/unlimited-mile limited warranty*

Accessories - 4-year/50,000-mile limited warranty**

Old 10-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: G35 Sedan vs. 2004 Acura TL

I did find this at the Acura site too, but it's not easy to figure out, like the Infiniti site changes the MSRP as you go, this one you have to do some work!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan

Old 10-28-2003, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it from admin's email from TSX site...
It might be wrong, or is it in canadian dollar???
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showth...p?threadid=789

Old 10-28-2003, 12:35 AM

Well, seeing this price makes me think it is Canadian, Infiniti G35: $39,400 to $42,500 , I don't really know how their dollar compares to ours to tell you the truth! If you look at some of the other MSRP prices listed there, they are high like that!

Old 10-28-2003, 08:23 AM

'04 TL is a nice looking car, and probably one of the hottest fwd sedans out there. If I still lived up north where it snows, I would likely be on the waiting list - nope, wouldn't pay over sticker - it's nice, but not that nice.

However, no snow in Bama, so the G MT is for me

Agree with the "over-powered" fwd car comment - had 3 MT Maximas and a TL-S....don't miss that torque steer a single bit.

Old 10-28-2003, 12:32 PM

Acura is the only 'luxury' car maker to not have a single RWD vehicle (I exclude the 12 year old NSX supercar that sells a few dozen a year at $90k). Even the Acura MDX that I own is FWD which switches to 4WD as needed ('predictively' does this well so l you cannot tell it is FWD). Even GM (Cadillac, some Pontiacs) and Chrysler (upcoming models) are returning to RWD because they admit it's better than FWD.

I really wish Acura/Honda would step up to the plate. They make easily the best FWD cars out there (I owned an Integra GSR as well as my current MDX) and they *can* make superb RWD cars (S2000 which I have driven many times and the NSX). If they made RWD or AWD I probably wouldn't consider any other brand.

Can you imagine the top-of-the-line $50k Acura RL (with FWD and 225HP) competing with the Lexus LS430, MB E500 and Q45? Perhaps the next RL will have the Hi-Note drivetrain of FWD gasoline engine and RWD via electric motors...

'04 G35 Sedan 6MT with Premium, Nav, Aero in Diamond Graphite with Graphite interior

Old 10-28-2003, 05:01 PM

The truth is, both of these are excellent cars, but it kind of makes me wish Infiniti added a little more luxury to G35, because if they did, the G would be the clear winner. As far as performance The G is slightly better, but in everyday driving most people aren't going to push their cars to the limits it will take to feel the difference, I live in South Florida where it's flat and a lot of straight roads with loads of traffic and many lights, so the economy luxury and comfort would tilt in the TLs favor, but I guarantee you if I lived in a hilly or mountain area with lots of curves and twists than the G would also be the easy choice. I guess people will have to decide what is the better car for them.

Old 10-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to autocross.. so I'm sure you can guess which car I prefer. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 10-28-2003, 06:54 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I guess people will have to decide what is the better car for them.

<hr></blockquote>

Ya think?

'03 G35/6MT Sedan Black/Black

Old 10-28-2003, 07:36 PM

Yea "I Think", wise guy.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:05 PM

RWD vs FWD says it all. I'll never buy a front wheel drive car, unless the rear wheels are being driven at the same time, with a higher percentage of the engine's torque.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:38 PM

I would never "bag" on an Acura, everyone I know who has owned one has had really good luck with them! Besides, wouldn't it be sad if we all liked the same cars!

Old 10-29-2003, 07:36 AM

Regarding negotiating price, I have a similar situation here in Denver, only two dealerships in the entire state. I ended up buying my car from Crest Infiniti in Dallas, TX. I was able to negotiate $2200 below MSRP and had the car shipped fro $475. I found that Crest was much more willing to negotiate and acted as though they really wanted to sell the car.

I would suggest that you search dealer inventory in other zip codes. If you find something you like, contact that dealer directly. Dealers in Texas seemed more motivated to sell than my local Infiniti of Denver

Old 10-29-2003, 03:52 PM

I test drove both. The TL is nice but I didn't like the FWD feel. Loved the G! Have you considered the G35X?

Old 10-31-2003, 10:54 AM

Nathan, I bought my G35 6MT at Kirkland Infiniti. I received the first 6MT sedan to come into the Puget Sound last February, so dickering was not an option for me. I just got a flyer in the mail announcing the imminent opening of a dealer in Fife. So, soon there will be some competition. I live about equidistant, so will need to decide who is better for service side. I'm driving this puppy 8 months now. I've had zero defects from the factory, except for that known silly outside temperature problem which I'm going to mention at my next service. The RWD experience is simply a pleasure. I, too, shopped the Acura TL/S, but was seriously worried about their notorious tranny problem which seemed to continuously plague them. There was no MT option at least for 2003.

Bill MORGAN