G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

the G35X ppl, where are you ?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the G35X ppl, where are you ?!?!

Hi all, i am new here
recently i being looking at 05+ G35Xs, had a chance to drive one and it was an awesome piece of work. just wondering how you people who currently own one like it so far, and is the MPG really that bad? i am also looking at the acura TL so i will need as much feedback as possbile, thanx !!
let's see if you guys can convince me to go with the G

Old 11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
I love my G35X. It is great on regular roads and excellent in slippery (rain, snow, leaves, gravel) conditions. My MPG ranges from 16 to 24 and I am not especially heavy-footed, although my wife will disagree. The car is very comfortable and has a lot of trunk room, even with the regular size spare tire.

If you want handling, I don't think the Acura can compete, although others may disagree. I have had few quality issues and I like the Infiniti service a lot (including free loaners for service). Hav e fun choosing, even though for me I would easily choose the G35X again.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
screw the TL, i LOVE my baby, she is the finest thing on the road, she's fast, sexy, fun to drive and awd. my mpg would be better if i didn't have the popcharger/ztube combo, but everytime i hear it, i'm like who cares about the mpg, honestly, as much as i step on it, the mpg ain't bad, i guarantee that u will LOVE the G, and u will HATE the TL, don't forget are cars are "SPORT SEDANS", TL is just a "SEDAN", BORING

Old 11-07-2006, 10:33 AM
i've only had my g35x for about 5 months and am in love with it. my only problem is that i dont have enough $$ to make it unique. i dont think MPG is all that bad, i punch mine quite often and still feel like i get good gas mileage. i think on a pure visual level, the G blows the TL out of the water.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:45 AM
I have owned my '05 G35X since Feb of '05. I think this car was a great choice for me...I love the key less entry, I average 20-21mpg in combined city and HWY driving on suburban Long Island NY roads.

Only complaints...the original front wheel brake pads and rotors only lasted about 17k miles, the replacement brakes and rotors seem to be wearing much better than the originals.

I also am not happy with throttle response from a stand still, the car really wants to jump...but this can be over come with a lighter foot.

PS, My G35X is totally original and un-modified.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:50 AM
The G35x will not get as good MPG as the TL for city driving.
The G35x is pretty good with gas on the Highway.
The G35x will outperform the TL any day of the week.
The TL may have a better interior
The G35x is a sure bet in the winter (snow tires) + rain

dont forget. Nissan, unlike Honda and Toyota, is not know for its High MPG and enviromentaly friendly automobiles

Old 11-07-2006, 11:51 AM
if i am not mistaken, i think G's rear seat space is pretty limited, what do you guys think ? can regular adults fit in it fine? and how many miles do you guys average on a full tank before the warning light came on?

sorry, tons of questions for ya guys

Trending Topics

Old 11-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Mine's an '05 with 38K miles. It is superb, but I did have to exorcise out some rattles. Now she's tight as a drum. It was awesome last winter, just on the stock tires. I have the Eagle RS-A's on 17" wheels. For summer I bought some 18" rims and tires. The car is sexy looking (if I can say that here). Every time I walk ouit to the car, I go "Wow, that's a cool looking car". I've heard good things about the TL as well, but it wasn't for me. I wanted all wheel drive. If you can afford these cars, then the extra 2-4 MPG shouldn't affect your decision.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=Neal376]The G35x will not get as good MPG as the TL for city driving.
The G35x is pretty good with gas on the Highway.
The G35x will outperform the TL any day of the week.
The TL may have a better interior
The G35x is a sure bet in the winter (snow tires) + rain

I agree with Neal I test drove the TL before the G and there is no comparison the G outperfroms the TL in my opinion.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:06 PM
I love my X and I have not lost to a TL yet. Im finally getting a new long block put in this week, but besides that Im really happy with it.

Lots of fun to drive in snow,wet and dry. Very predictable and balanced. Im only getting around 17mpg, but thats my fault since I dont use the auto and just manually shift. Couple of my friends are 6'+ and they never complained about the rear leg room. My rear seats do recline so that helps.

A buddy of mine got a TL because the wife liked it. We swapped cars for a day and he loved my G. He said that the wife liked it also, but wouldnt admit to it......freakin chicks.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I have an 04 G35X and it's fabulous in all driving conditions. I live in Canada and we get lots of snow but I don't even put snow tires on it. Gas mileage sucks in the city, but is not bad on the highway. I've driven the TL too and, like many people have said, there is just no comparison. If I was buying a new car I would definitely get another G35X.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How you guys get up to 24mpg? I avg about 16 to 17 (more highway than local). I've only gotten 21mpg once and that was all highway from NY to Boston. Not a heavy foot either.

I like the X...yet there are plenty of things I dislike also. It's got a nice torquing engine and good exhaust. Handling is alrite (could be better) since it doesn't have the sport spring setup. Rattling...I'll rather not even mention...ok...it's horrible (squeaks/rattles here in there in the interior and now the compression rod squeaks). The most important of all is there are no M/T option.

Will I buy this car again? Not sure but it's still a fun car to drive and offers good enough rooms for the rear passengers.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:33 PM
-

Had a BMW 325 for 7 years & Mercedes C320 for 4 Years, The G35x is
leap & bounces above both. It satisfy me in so many ways that I decided to reward her with a super charger

Old 11-07-2006, 02:58 PM
I've been averaging about 17MPG but the route I drive every day is about a bad as you can get (very hilly, lots of traffic lights, slow cars that keep me lugging along in lower gears than I'd like to be). I took a trip to Ohio a while back and I got 23.5 on the way there and 25.5 on the way back.

The only real complaint I have about my 06 G35x is that it is a bit on the chatty side. I've had it in a couple times to fix little rattles or squeaks. Aside from that, it's a great car.

If you live anywhere it snows then this is a much better choice than the TL.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by litkaj
I've been averaging about 17MPG but the route I drive every day is about a bad as you can get (very hilly, lots of traffic lights, slow cars that keep me lugging along in lower gears than I'd like to be). I took a trip to Ohio a while back and I got 23.5 on the way there and 25.5 on the way back.

The only real complaint I have about my 06 G35x is that it is a bit on the chatty side. I've had it in a couple times to fix little rattles or squeaks. Aside from that, it's a great car.

If you live anywhere it snows then this is a much better choice than the TL.
i live around Chicago, we get alot of snow here almost every year. one quick question for you guys with Xs : which drive mode do you find more gas efficient? auto or man. ? ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the G35X ppl, where are you ?!?!