G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Cabin noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin noise

I have now read about two persons complaining of noise and rattles inside the cabin. Is this a widely spread problem?

Old 12-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup. I get new ones every week .

Old 12-15-2006, 03:53 PM
i have also and i have an 06. It comes and goes.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Where is the noise coming from more or less, maybe I can help you out a bit. Is it a creek from the back quarter glass or is it a squeek from the door panels or right on the pillar itself. Just give me some info and Ill let you know what to do to make it go away. Infiniti door panels are thick and often after sitting or being in the sun a bit they start to rub against the door frame behind the panel itself. A bit of felt padding right on the stop which you can see where it rubs takes care of it.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hear it more often when the weather is cold...

Old 12-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sigh

Old 12-15-2006, 04:30 PM
This is not the quietest interior out there, and there will be a couple of squeaks and rattles that'll pop up. All are fixable, just a little extra legwork. Whatever Toyota and Lexus are doing on noise reduction/cancellation is pretty much leading the way

Old 12-15-2006, 04:33 PM
toyota and lexus are smart cause they have foam padding between the door panel and the shell, infiniti has the door panel and the metal plate that covers the regulators and nothing in between it which is what causes most of the squeek and rattles. Also the ac vents on the dash rub against each other and make noise to, its annoying. Felt padding or a piece of foam padding like what goes on the backs of radios works great to get rid of them for good.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Ok seriously, the entire cabin was put together poorly. Everything rattles (in mine) its an '05 and my dealership suggested that I buy an amp and subwoofer to "drown" out the rattles and noises. Can you believe that? So I am looking to get rid of it as soon as possible. Go Gap Insurance!!

Old 12-16-2006, 11:05 AM
what kinda ppl work at these dealerships giving moronic advice like that!! Call Infiniti and tell them what they said!! Me, personally, would raise hell with the General Manager of the dealer and then call Infiniti.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by DrJones
Ok seriously, the entire cabin was put together poorly. Everything rattles (in mine) its an '05 and my dealership suggested that I buy an amp and subwoofer to "drown" out the rattles and noises. Can you believe that? So I am looking to get rid of it as soon as possible. Go Gap Insurance!!
WTF man I dont know whats up the the dealers you guys are dealing with but Im sorry that thats the response you were told. I get sedans here all the time and even though they are a pain in the *** to find where the noise is coming from we can fix it. Granted it may take a day or two (hence the reason for loaners) but they get fixed. Just try and see if you can pin point the noise to a certain panel and either IM me or just post back on here as to where it is coming from, what you are doing when it happens and what it sounds like and Ill see what I can do for you so that you can make it go away for good.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mod Friendly
WTF man I dont know whats up the the dealers you guys are dealing with but Im sorry that thats the response you were told. I get sedans here all the time and even though they are a pain in the *** to find where the noise is coming from we can fix it. Granted it may take a day or two (hence the reason for loaners) but they get fixed. Just try and see if you can pin point the noise to a certain panel and either IM me or just post back on here as to where it is coming from, what you are doing when it happens and what it sounds like and Ill see what I can do for you so that you can make it go away for good.
what dealership do u work @?

Old 12-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Alex you know exactly what dealer I work at, Ive tried a bunch of different things on your car. Some work for a bit some dont work but I keep trying. Cant help you with the clutch noise cause its normal, cant fix your creek cause its not coming from the compression rod, and your car did have the rubber bushings on the springs so I told you not to get the new bushings. Bill was pretty certain it was coming from the shocks themselves. I do apologize about the tint and Christian is going to get you another shifter. But you killed me on that survey and it cost me mad money. I even replaced your buddies rim that the lock was brocken on but saved you a good amount of cash on having that stud fixed. I dont think I need to say anything else. Regardless of whats happened with your car, Ive been straight up with you and have tried to get you squared away as best as I can but its always something on your G man which I love the look of by the way and have told you numerous times. You and I both know that if you really sit and think about it Ive gone way out of my way for you but it hasnt been enough and now we are where we are.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Shoot man, Ive replaced your compression rod, a lower control arm that was making noise, tightened your drive belts, replace your shift bezzle, replaced regulator bolts with updated ones, replaced window moldings, replaced the radio finisher, replaced the clutch master, the clutch slave, foam padded just about yuor whole dashboard and all your doors, replaced the clock finisher on dash for squeek, replaced cup holders, installed your nismo shifter (no charge), put back the stock shifter (no charge), replaced the radio finisher, even advised of you of not doing some of the work here cause i thought it was to much money.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Mod Friendly
Alex you know exactly what dealer I work at, Ive tried a bunch of different things on your car. Some work for a bit some dont work but I keep trying. Cant help you with the clutch noise cause its normal, cant fix your creek cause its not coming from the compression rod, and your car did have the rubber bushings on the springs so I told you not to get the new bushings. Bill was pretty certain it was coming from the shocks themselves. I do apologize about the tint and Christian is going to get you another shifter. But you killed me on that survey and it cost me mad money. I even replaced your buddies rim that the lock was brocken on but saved you a good amount of cash on having that stud fixed. I dont think I need to say anything else. Regardless of whats happened with your car, Ive been straight up with you and have tried to get you squared away as best as I can but its always something on your G man which I love the look of by the way and have told you numerous times. You and I both know that if you really sit and think about it Ive gone way out of my way for you but it hasnt been enough and now we are where we are.
WOOOAAHHH first off i had no idea who this was until now!!!? im assuming this is JOSE and hope it is!? i dont know what survey ur talkin about but i didnt mention ur name would NEVER mention it in a negative way! u should know me better than that man...u are the only person who seems to actually care about what goes on with my car and the reason why i can imagine uve delt with me is b/c u know what ive been though at iocc!! SERIOUSLLY...imagine if i was some a$$hole calling infiniti consumer affiars and managers all day? thats not me i just want my car fixed and not damaged every single time its in there u feel me? and u keep saying this clutch noise is normal BUT ITS NOT MANNN AND IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE! even when i drove with paul he said he felt something and u gotta remember i drive this thing everyday and u all dont so i know there IS an issue with it whether u like it or not bro....i will be there to get u that invoice and "reproduce" these noises again for u guys...u remember that time u had my car in there for a week to have the input shaft replaced and it wasnt?? what kind of nonsense was that? and it just keeps adding up dude from tint to wheels to shifters to bezels to sqeaks most of that stuff was replaced b/c it was damaged by u all! u know that and thats why im there once a week as for those sqeaks u KNOW THAT WAS HAPPENING BEFORE MY CAR WAS EVEN LOWERED! at first i was told it was b/c my car was lowered on springs, then b/c the bushings that i had anyway, and now its my shocks? thats another thing and after getting the nismo shocks in i will be back again if it continues can u blame me? what can i expect next my warranty to be voided?? that rim was replaced b/c it was busted the hell up by that service guy (for the second time)! what did u expect and it wasnt even mine!? i didnt even ask for a new wheel in return....and as far as the locks i got screwed on those too! i mean i appreciate bill hooking me up but it wasnt my fault that lock broke in there...if anything i should have received a new set free but instead i had to buy some. believe me the last thing i want to do is bust ur chops jose but i feel disrespected when u say it hasnt been enough for me b/c its not like that at all!!!! why didnt u speak ur ind before? ...u think i like having to come in there so often?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cabin noise